Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy

Hey guys im not new to the car scene but i am fairly new to the Honda scene. I just sold my 1998 Eclipse GST last night and picked up a 95 GSR today. heres a mod list and some pics.

Thanks

Leather interior
AC PS still intact and work great
ITR cams
Skunk2 pro IM
ITR Tb
DC header
Greddy evo exhaust
16'' konig holes
Eibach sprotline springs
ITR spoiler
JDM armrest delete
3'' intake
Billet cam seal
Header, and catback have maybe 8k miles on them.
Chipped ecu
Exedy stg 2 clutch
Exedy lightweight flywheel
hasport mounts
short shifter

Crappy pics from the previous owner ill get better ones later

Old 01-29-2010, 02:17 PM
New User

Default Re: New Guy

can u get an up close pic to where ur vtec cylinoid and pressure switch is im trying tofigure out the wiring on mine and i cant seem to do it. there should be one green wire coming off the cylinoin and two wires off the pressure switch
Old 01-29-2010, 02:38 PM
They let me pick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://honda-tech.com/forums/moderated-threads-55/integra-forum-rules%2A%2A-must-read-before-posting-2258865/
Old 01-29-2010, 02:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks like a good find. The car looks clean.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 276 Likes on 264 Posts

Welcome to the honda world you made a wise choice with the gsr, how much did you get the car? are you sure the itr cams are real? i wouldnt doubt it do to the fact its got a sk2 im but you never know take your valve cover off and take pics of the ends of the cams and we can tell you if there real p.m me if you need help putting the valve cover back on correctly, judging by what the seller told you about the motor having itr cams im going to guess the motor has been rebuilt only because anyone that knows about itr cams know you have to run the matching itr valve springs and retainers to be safe or any aftermarket set and this usually requires you to remove the head and its wise to rebuild the head with new seals ect. and even wiser to rebuild the bottom block as well but not nessecary, how does the motor run and whats the highest rpm have you taken the motor to and how does it perform reving up the rpm and into vtec? did the previouse owner tune the motor? that sk2 intake manifold and itr cams are gonna need to be tuned to gain the most hp out those mods! that intake is the best cold air intake you can get and will make the most hp out of a n.a setup especially with a velocity stack to replace the filter, unfortunatly according to my tuner shawn church cutting the intake in sections disrupts the air flow and when in which it seams at some point he cut the intake to run a bypass valve or a short ram you will loose a good amount of hp when using that aem bypass valve! not much you can do but sell it and get a real aem itr 3'' cai uncut! i found one for $40 used just shop around, your header is ok and is not bad i actually will vouch for the dc header its a champ i almost hit 200hp on a 1.8 gsr motor years back with a dented 4-1 dc header, your header looks like the 4-2-1 desighn which is not as good as the 4-1 desighn. overall the motor looks real clean and well taken care of, look into doing a 98'' itr front conversion or get a 98'' bumper and get a real oem itr front lip dont get a replica they look ugly it will look real nice with your itr spoiler, i dont like the rims too much i would rock the oem gsr blades but thats your prefrence, whats your plans with this car remember this model integra the dc2 is a classic now and will be vintage many years from now it was awarded #1 import tunner choice car in import tunner out of almost all the cars you can think of the dc2 gsr made #1 and it made me feal so much better knowing i own the dc2 it has everything the civics wanted and others who wanted the luxuries of the gsr like disc brakes leather seats and interior and most of all the mighty 1.8l vtec engine that dwarfed the b16 and b17 motors. the motor has potential beyond what you might think, i plan to build a 800+hp dailly driven 98'' gsr by the end of this year when im bored with my new super charged motor, once again is the reason i love this motor you can do so manny things and it keeps you going because to transform the car into something entirely diffrent is impressive. i went from buying my 98'' gsr bone stock much like you
to have countless n.a setups and now want to end the jrsc stage soon and go full race turbo so i have to say despite all the money its a fun journey for me and i hope your car treats ya well peace!
Old 01-29-2010, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
Welcome to the honda world you made a wise choice with the gsr, how much did you get the car? are you sure the itr cams are real? i wouldnt doubt it do to the fact its got a sk2 im but you never know take your valve cover off and take pics of the ends of the cams and we can tell you if there real p.m me if you need help putting the valve cover back on correctly, judging by what the seller told you about the motor having itr cams im going to guess the motor has been rebuilt only because anyone that knows about itr cams know you have to run the matching itr valve springs and retainers to be safe or any aftermarket set and this usually requires you to remove the head and its wise to rebuild the head with new seals ect. and even wiser to rebuild the bottom block as well but not nessecary, how does the motor run and whats the highest rpm have you taken the motor to and how does it perform reving up the rpm and into vtec? did the previouse owner tune the motor? that sk2 intake manifold and itr cams are gonna need to be tuned to gain the most hp out those mods! that intake is the best cold air intake you can get and will make the most hp out of a n.a setup especially with a velocity stack to replace the filter, unfortunatly according to my tuner shawn church cutting the intake in sections disrupts the air flow and when in which it seams at some point he cut the intake to run a bypass valve or a short ram you will loose a good amount of hp when using that aem bypass valve! not much you can do but sell it and get a real aem itr 3'' cai uncut! i found one for $40 used just shop around, your header is ok and is not bad i actually will vouch for the dc header its a champ i almost hit 200hp on a 1.8 gsr motor years back with a dented 4-1 dc header, your header looks like the 4-2-1 desighn which is not as good as the 4-1 desighn. overall the motor looks real clean and well taken care of, look into doing a 98'' itr front conversion or get a 98'' bumper and get a real oem itr front lip dont get a replica they look ugly it will look real nice with your itr spoiler, i dont like the rims too much i would rock the oem gsr blades but thats your prefrence, whats your plans with this car remember this model integra the dc2 is a classic now and will be vintage many years from now it was awarded #1 import tunner choice car in import tunner out of almost all the cars you can think of the dc2 gsr made #1 and it made me feal so much better knowing i own the dc2 it has everything the civics wanted and others who wanted the luxuries of the gsr like disc brakes leather seats and interior and most of all the mighty 1.8l vtec engine that dwarfed the b16 and b17 motors. the motor has potential beyond what you might think, i plan to build a 800+hp dailly driven 98'' gsr by the end of this year when im bored with my new super charged motor, once again is the reason i love this motor you can do so manny things and it keeps you going because to transform the car into something entirely diffrent is impressive. i went from buying my 98'' gsr bone stock much like you
to have countless n.a setups and now want to end the jrsc stage soon and go full race turbo so i have to say despite all the money its a fun journey for me and i hope your car treats ya well peace!
Your good lol I paid $5000 for it, the Motor was supposedly rebuilt 2 owners ago with around 35k the previous owner put the head, cams, valve springs, and retainers on 5k miles ago along with a new water pump and t-belt. Im gonna ditch the wheels i dont like them i want some bronze wheels. It has a base map tune using Crome Pro Gold. Vtec is set at 5200 rpm it crosses into vtec very smoothe, the exhaust is to loud i wanna put a resonator on it hopefully that will quiet it down. The shifter is loose as crap but he gave me new bushings for it, I just gotta crawl under it and put them on. It has launch control set at 4k Rpm but i haven't tried it, it seems like it is hard on the motor and im afraid it will hurt something lol. I have had it up to like 6k rpm and it did alright. If i left anything out let me know and ill get you the info. Thank you very much for all this info i very much appreciate it.

Robbie

Last edited by GsrTeg95; 01-29-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

$5000 damn thats an ok deal i wouldnt have paid it LOL "my opinion". im sure you would of found a better one with $5000. but welcome to the Honda world
Old 01-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looks good man. bronze rims will look great
Old 01-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ronnyb
can u get an up close pic to where ur vtec cylinoid and pressure switch is im trying tofigure out the wiring on mine and i cant seem to do it. there should be one green wire coming off the cylinoin and two wires off the pressure switch
Ill see if i can get one tomorrow

Originally Posted by mouab18c1
$5000 damn thats an ok deal i wouldnt have paid it LOL "my opinion". im sure you would of found a better one with $5000. but welcome to the Honda world
Im in southern Indiana I drove 100 miles to get this one. Theres not very many of these around here that are for sale.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have some bronze wheels picked out but i gotta sell the wheels that were on my gst first.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GsrTeg95
Ill see if i can get one tomorrow

Im in southern Indiana I drove 100 miles to get this one. Theres not very many of these around here that are for sale.
ahah i see. i drove about 300 miles to buy mine about 3 years ago and also paid 5k for a 97 gsr with flawless leather interior and very little scratches
Old 01-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 276 Likes on 264 Posts

thats not so bad what header is it? any dyno sheets from when it was tuned? any idea how much hp its making i would guess 180-190hp. I paid $6,000 for a bone sock 98'' gsr 140k with full options leather ect. only bad was a faded paint job and a broken windshield lol. no worries was a clean title when i got it. gl with the gsr!
Old 01-31-2010, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Header is 4-2-1 btw.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

very clean car, the wheels just are not my cup of tea,
Old 01-31-2010, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think i'd pay "too much" for a car too if i KNEW i wanted it and knew i had to drive a bit to get it. that way, it's there when i arrive, not any of that "oh i just sold it. sorry you wasted your time for nothing" crap.

gsr looks good. motor looks better the way it is now. I don't know where your filter is sitting, but you may want to invest in some sort of bypass valve for your intake so you don't get hydro locked the next time it rains on ya. just a thought.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robbie welcome, there is ALOT of info on here and you will get lost in the build threads haha.