Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

LSD problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSD problem!!

Hi, everyone. I am looking for a lsd for my 98 integra. Everything in my car are GSR stuff except a built LS bolckk. So, i don't know which LSD should i choos, the on for Type r/GSR or the one for LS/GS. Thx Jason
Old 10-11-2004, 06:30 PM

Default Re: LSD problem!! (SleepinTeg)

choose the gsr
Old 10-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Will you make something up for me please?

Default Re: LSD problem!! (SleepinTeg)

The block doesn't matter. What matters is what transmission you have. That is where the LSD is going into.

You have to know what transmission you have. If you have an LS, it is pretty different compared to a GSR transmission. Different final drive, ratios, countershaft, etc. You will have to get an LSD accordingly.

Note that if you have a GSR (4.400 final drive), you will be able to install an OEM Honda Integra Type R helical LSD with minimal trouble. Maybe a few shims here and there. But a pretty straightforward install.

EDIT: What the hell does this mean?
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crazyteg95 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">choose the gsr </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 10-12-2004, 04:46 PM

Default Re: LSD problem!! (shamoo)

For How much could you be able to get an LSD? Curious about getting a LSD for my 2001 GSR. ive heard its pretty pricy...?
Old 10-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Will you make something up for me please?

Default Re: LSD problem!! (MotegiGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MotegiGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">For How much could you be able to get an LSD? Curious about getting a LSD for my 2001 GSR. ive heard its pretty pricy...?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You should make your own thread and ask this.

Anyway, I'll answer so the original post gets bumped. There is a wide variety of LSD's that you can get for your car. There is the obvious OEM Honda one from the Integra Type R, Quaiffe, Kaaz, Phantom Grip, etc.

The OEM Honda one is pretty good because you can probably pick up a used one for pretty cheap. It will fit directly into your GSR with little to no modification. Perhaps a little modification of the bearings and shims, but that's it. Only problem is that it cannot hold too much power. Probably around 300hp maximum....even less if you are going to autocross it with that power because you are going to be unloading and loading the differential a lot.

The Quaiffe one is pretty much what everyone agrees is one of the best. It can hold quite a bit of power, and they offer a lifetime warranty (even under racing conditions). They will replace it if it fails. Of course you are responsible for removing and installing it.

Kaaz is also very good, but it is a clutch type LSD. It's pretty powerful, but unless you are able to service your transmission yourself, it's probably not worth it to get this.

The Phantom Grip, sometimes called Random Slip, or something similar is generally not a very good "LSD." It isn't even a true LSD. It's basically two pieces of metal pushed outward to lock your spider gears in your differential. I've heard mixed reviews on this. One, it plain sucks. Two, if installed correctly and put on a car with not TOO much power, it can be a good cheap alternative to a real LSD.

There are a few other options out there, but these are the ones I know a little about. Search HT.