installing Beaks SRK on DC2

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default installing Beaks SRK on DC2

Anyone successfully done so?
Have pics?

I'm having trouble lining up the plates to fit properly. I have the problem with the lower mounting hole, the acutal LCA prevents the plate from lining up straight.
I also have a Benen tie bar on the car already, and its a bit beefier than other tie bars, so this could be a problem.

You can see the holes I want to mount to, but the plates appear to be too big to fit on the those holes.
Also, I have a spacer for the LCA bolt so that the Benen piece can sit farther away from the frame and thus allow the Beaks SRK plates to sit there. But just becuase that can sit there doesnt meant they will fit there.. properly.

Lastly, the plate that goes behind the sheet metal to form a "sandwich" cannot properly fit becuase of the actualy LCA itself, it blocks any lateral movement(which I need to line up with the holes) Check out the dir for more pics.

Any help is appreciated!
TIA
Old 05-17-2002, 11:06 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: installing Beaks SRK on DC2 (gsrmunj)

this isn't solving your problem any, but are benen products good? i've heard plently of people say they are really good products but a lot of them don't own any of their stuff. how do you like the tie bar?
Old 05-17-2002, 12:02 PM
New User

Default Re: installing Beaks SRK on DC2 (gsr squirrel)

I had some problems (just harder to install) when I installed my Beaks kit too. But, did you enlarge the holes at all, because that's a must! After that's it's just a matter of fitting the two pieces together, which took my neighbor and I a while. Good luck either way...and I'm sure Bret will be chiming in soon despite the fact that his competition is involved.
Old 05-17-2002, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: installing Beaks SRK on DC2 (Waxing "The Carrot")

Thats the thing, from everyone I have talked to, this should be a breeze to install. But it has me worried that this isnt going smoothly. It appears the plates are too big to fit...

Yes, I did enlarge the lower holes with a drill. But, the plate in the rear cannot move any more laterally because the actual LCA occupies the space where the plate could go to line up with the hole. Anyone have pics of the kit installed on a DC2??

And if BSQ comes in, I'm interested in purchasing your kit. Can you email me with details?

Can anyone help me here? The problem is with the lower hole. Once I have wided the existing hole, the rear plate cannot fit becuase of the LCA. I guess I need a pic of what the lower hole should look like, but without everything installed, so I can see the positioning of the holes

TIA
Old 05-17-2002, 02:53 PM
New User

Hmm, sorry I can't help, it's been a while. Is your tie bar in the way at all? If it is obviously you would just need to move it. Even though the Beaks kit might be somewhat harder to install, if you already have it I would keep it. It's a quality piece!
Old 05-18-2002, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay lets see if I can help as I just finished installing mine last night. First thing to do is remove the tie bar and thus the LCA from its mount inbetween the subfram. After it is out of the way you should be able to get the plates in there. Connect the sway bar to the end links and put the bushings on. now rotate the sway bar up into position and line everything up. It fits but it is very close. In fact the lower part of the aft plate had to flatten the bottom part of the ridge of the subfram. Also did you remove all 3 of the tack welded nuts for each side of the subfram (left and right). Finally I am not sure you will be able to reinstall the tie bar if you do not have the spacers from Beaks. I had a Neuspeed tie bar on and had to remove it and reinstall my stock LCA bolts until I get the tie bar upgrade kit from Beaks. If you would like you can e-mail me for any other questions. Good luck.
Old 05-20-2002, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well, I figured out what it was. The very top weld nut I didnt see(low light) and thats what was preventing things to line up flush and such. After removing it, everything thing fit, tho things were quite close. Its unfortunate I wont be able to return this back to stock(if it was every necessary).
But, so far, the car handles pretty great, havent been pushing it too much yet...

Anyone tried the Mugen kit/plates?
Old 06-03-2002, 06:59 PM
New User

what i did was drill a new hole to line it up
Old 06-03-2002, 07:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: installing Beaks SRK on DC2 (01geeser)

Is the Benen bar compatible? Or did you need the Tiebar upgrade kit?
Old 06-03-2002, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: installing Beaks SRK on DC2 (Tweakmeister)

Contact Wil at the Beaks Products site in my sig. He can answer any ? you may have.
Old 06-03-2002, 08:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: installing Beaks SRK on DC2 (Tweakmeister)

Is the Benen bar compatible? Or did you need the Tiebar upgrade kit?
my Benen bar with ITR rear sway and BSQ kit was completely compatible.