Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

idle issues

Old 09-30-2017, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 idle issues

hows it going guys? as you all know I'm new to the honda game. was more into mopar and older cars. bought my first 97 leggy. b18b1 all stock. I'm getting ready to boost her but all of a sudden I'm having a idle issue. i recently did an intake change to the skunk2 pro series. new head gasket head studs. type r trans. i put the jdm radiator in and swapped out the stock fuel rail for an aftermarket one new regulator whole set up. she has a new dizzy new plugs news wires. I've bled the coolant atleast 8 different times. new iac new tps sensors. I've gone through 3 different iac sensors i know this one is good. I'm getting good fuel pressure. no vacuum leaks I've checked for that multiple times as well. at first it was only loosing power below 2500 rpms. then i got her to stabilize out at idle. i step on the brake I'm getting good vacuum pressure via the brake booster. i know shell fluctuate when i step on the brake but not 600 rpm. maybe 200 barely even noticeable. i don't know whats going on with her any ideas? the cat isn't clogged i gutted her out just incase. she isn't over heating. I'm lost I've replaced the fuel relay as well. I'm sick of chasing the problem. just trying to figure it out. any ideas?
Old 10-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: idle issues

Do you mean you have a rough idle? You should turn the plastic in fast idle thermo valve (FITV), instead of IAC. This is a common issue with Prelude, Civic, Accord, Integra.

Refers to following post for Honda Accord, which is identical
https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...cords-2561342/
Old 10-08-2017, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you mean you have a rough idle? You should turn the plastic in fast idle thermo valve (FITV), instead of IAC. This is a common issue with Prelude, Civic, Accord, Integra.
Manual tran Integras starting from 1996 don't use a fast idle thermo valve. They have a DIFFERENT IACV that acts as both and the ecu electronically controls it based on temperature readings. The TB has just the hose connectors where the fast idle valve used to be. So if OP is putting on an IACV from 94-95 OR one meant for an Automatic in later years (they also used the fast idle valve) then that's why he's having problems. That's basically the difference between this and this.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow you sure changed out a lot. Whole lot of variables going on there.
Did you properly set your mecanical timing?
Did you properly set your ignition timing?
Is your valve lash set to spec?
Did you sync the tps and confirm it is reading correct voltage for various throttle positions?
What brand distributor and wires?
Correct spark plugs and gapped correctly?
Aftermarket fuel rails and regulators can cause a lot of issues... What is your fuel pressure set at?
Is your MAP sensor and ECT sensor reading correct voltages for various conditions?
I am not too sure on how happy your stock ECU will be with the gutted cat and aftermarket intake manifold.
Looks like mark has the FITV and IAC issues under control.