Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

ECU Harness Name

Old 10-13-2018, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU Harness Name

I am trying to find a new harness that plugs into the ECU for my 92 integra 5 speed. I tried google searching "93 integra ECU harness" but I can't find anything. I can find the engine harness but not the side that plugs into the ECU. What should I be searching for and is there a good place to find one?
Old 10-13-2018, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ECU Harness Name

Originally Posted by tegguy
I am trying to find a new harness that plugs into the ECU for my 92 integra 5 speed. I tried google searching "93 integra ECU harness" but I can't find anything. I can find the engine harness but not the side that plugs into the ECU. What should I be searching for and is there a good place to find one?
I’m assuming the car is stock, if so you need to search for an oem obd1 integra wiring harness
Old 10-13-2018, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Free Man

I’m assuming the car is stock, if so you need to search for an oem obd1 integra wiring harness
Thank you! Car has an OBD1 B16A but I believe you can take the oem harness and repin it.

I just want to be sure I'm not crazy when I search I'm finding engine harnesses but I'm 99% sure the engine harness is different from the ECU harness
Old 10-13-2018, 05:48 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 217 Likes on 195 Posts

salvage yard is your best option...
Old 10-13-2018, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

NVturbo is correct.

Problem is that It’s all hard hard wiring running from the connectors that plug into your ecu. If you have damage you’ll have to repair it using connectors from the junkyard. Or You might find the connectors on eBay But you’ll probably be better just ordering the whole harness. there’s no such thing as an aftermarket oem style ecu harness. Only ecu jumper harnesses.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tegguy
Thank you! Car has an OBD1 B16A but I believe you can take the oem harness and repin it.

I just want to be sure I'm not crazy when I search I'm finding engine harnesses but I'm 99% sure the engine harness is different from the ECU harness

what exactly are are you trying to do? If you need to re-pin your ecu, why would you want to buy a new harness?
Old 10-14-2018, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

what exactly are are you trying to do? If you need to re-pin your ecu, why would you want to buy a new harness?
I had the dreaded passenger side floor leak and the car wasn't driven for a while so it was pretty bad. I dried everything out and since then I've had multiple ECU's die on me and how I have the code 0 so the thought is possibly water damaged the ECU harness and that might be what's killing the ECU's.
Old 10-14-2018, 04:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ah I see. Yeah, that cowl leak is a pain in the ****. You should get that leak fixed. There is a great writeup I think here on Honda tech or maybe on gen2integra on how to fix it. If you access your cabin air filter, you probably can probably just look and see where the water is coming in....

Is your wiring all rusted under there?

Whenever you install your new ecu, wrap it in a small trash bag with some moisture absorbing material and tape it up about 3 inches back on the harness with some good electrical or duct tape

Also it’s a good idea to have your fan set on feet and windshield, and blowing constantly whenever you are driving around. This will help blow the moisture out.
Old 10-14-2018, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ah I see. Yeah, that cowl leak is a pain in the ****. You should get that leak fixed. There is a great writeup I think here on Honda tech or maybe on gen2integra on how to fix it. If you access your cabin air filter, you probably can probably just look and see where the water is coming in....

Is your wiring all rusted under there?

Whenever you install your new ecu, wrap it in a small trash bag with some moisture absorbing material and tape it up about 3 inches back on the harness with some good electrical or duct tape

Also it’s a good idea to have your fan set on feet and windshield, and blowing constantly whenever you are driving around. This will help blow the moisture out.
I fixed the leak but I haven't had a chance to really look at the wiring. The car has sat for a little while becuase life got in the way so I'm trying to get it running again.