Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

DA interior

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DA interior

Whats up Honda tech i was curious and wanted to know is there a way to paint your interior in black? Ive seen ppls cars but it dosent look neat or clean. I wanted to know is there any special paint that i need and is there a certain way to do it so it could come out clean, wanted to change the color of my interior from blue to black if its possible thanks again
Old 05-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DA interior

Talk to a detail shop, they know what's best.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am also curious about this because my interior is urban brown and looks like poo
Old 05-25-2011, 03:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a 91 civic hatch that I painted the interior on. I didn't paint and fabric surfaces but all the plastic surfaces I did. Go to your local parts store and get a paint made by dupli color, it's called trim paint. It's not a flat black color or a shinny gloss, but it's a nice satin color that looks o.e. That's the cheapest route to take but if you want it another way then detailer shop may be a good idea. If you do take this route just remember it's all about prepping the surface being painted. If it's not cleaned of all the human oils and grease then the paint won't last long, and may fade. Another than that it should turn out good. Also when you paint with the trim paint remember to do light mist coats (thin layers) you can always add to the color. If you spray to much on at once it will blot up.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jmarquardt0221
I have a 91 civic hatch that I painted the interior on. I didn't paint and fabric surfaces but all the plastic surfaces I did. Go to your local parts store and get a paint made by dupli color, it's called trim paint. It's not a flat black color or a shinny gloss, but it's a nice satin color that looks o.e. That's the cheapest route to take but if you want it another way then detailer shop may be a good idea. If you do take this route just remember it's all about prepping the surface being painted. If it's not cleaned of all the human oils and grease then the paint won't last long, and may fade. Another than that it should turn out good. Also when you paint with the trim paint remember to do light mist coats (thin layers) you can always add to the color. If you spray to much on at once it will blot up.
I agree with everything that was said above. I also did my 92 civic and am getting ready to pull the interior on my integra to do the same.

as long as you take your time and do it right you can do it nice and clean. most of the time if paint looks bad its because people are too eager to get color on that they rush prep time. NOT A GOOD IDEA.

pulling an interior can be fun but frustrating and its easy to lose or break things. take your time and make sure you know where everything goes. it is possible to miss place things that u would think you couldnt. for example i couldnt find my head liner cause someone put it in the rafters. hahaha and if you want it to look good dont try and paint it in the car

if you dont feel like using a trim paint. (i never do) make sure you get a adhesion promoter. i use a brand called bulldog. its a clear spray that bites to the plastic giving the paint something to stick to. makes paint alot stronger in the end.

so basically. pull your part, clean your part, spray your part.

and like jmarquardt0221 said you can always add paint. so dont get too hefty with your coats. going too heavy can make some nasty runs then you def wont have a clean interior.

hope it helps...teggy
Old 05-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I painted my Integra's interior from tan to black 7 years ago. It is still looking great and I've only done minor touch ups.
I used Dupli-Color vinyl dye, it is basically a satin black spray paint made for vinyl. For the plastic parts I used Krylon Fusion semi-flat black.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dupli color trim paint ftw.... its what i used to restore my ls-s interior. its looks showroom status now... just do light coats and take your time. the paint like to run and drip...
Old 05-28-2011, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nope, duplicolor is OK. But SEM ftmfw. Get the soap, adhesion promoter and aerosol spray. **** lasts for YEARS.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

only tip: TAKE YOUR TIME!