Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

clutch problem???

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch problem???

yesterday i took off my header. i was having clearance issues so i took off that little nipple as seen in the pic to take off the header. a little bit of fliud came out so i plugged it immediatlly. when i went in the car to push the clutch down , there was no pressure, it just went straight to the floor. anyone know how to fix this?
Attached Images  
Old 06-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: clutch problem???

bump
Old 06-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow
Old 06-29-2009, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by imationdawg
yesterday i took off my header. i was having clearance issues so i took off that little nipple as seen in the pic to take off the header. a little bit of fliud came out so i plugged it immediatlly. when i went in the car to push the clutch down , there was no pressure, it just went straight to the floor. anyone know how to fix this?
You are going to need to bleed out the clutch slave cylinder. have a friend open up the nipple, and you'll be in the car pumping the clutch pedal. you pump the pedal 5 times and at the 5th time step on the pedal all the way and hold it, and have your friend close up the nipple, and everything should be fine again.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that didnt work. anyone else got any suggestions?
Old 07-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.team-integra.net/sections...?ArticleID=644

https://honda-tech.com/forums/showpo...6&postcount=12

Google is your friend
Old 07-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Using your hand with the nipple closed, lift and push down the pedal 5 times. Make sure you have brake fluid ready, your gonna need it. Keeping the resevoir full of fluid. Now with you holding down the pedal on the fifth time, have your friend open the nipple until the fluid stops flowing. Then have him close it. Now using your hands lift the pedal, repeat the process untill you have a firm pedal. There should be little pedal play, about 1/2 inch of pedal play. Keep an eye out for any leaks while doing that. Keep filling the resevoir with brake fluid.

IF the above doesn't work, your probably doing it wrong, or you busted something. BTW you bought the wrong header. Ebay headers..eh? Get a betetr header or else your gonna have clearance issues...GL
Old 07-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dntnedvtec
Using your hand with the nipple closed, lift and push down the pedal 5 times. Make sure you have brake fluid ready, your gonna need it. Keeping the resevoir full of fluid. Now with you holding down the pedal on the fifth time, have your friend open the nipple until the fluid stops flowing. Then have him close it. Now using your hands lift the pedal, repeat the process untill you have a firm pedal. There should be little pedal play, about 1/2 inch of pedal play. Keep an eye out for any leaks while doing that. Keep filling the resevoir with brake fluid.

IF the above doesn't work, your probably doing it wrong, or you busted something. BTW you bought the wrong header. Ebay headers..eh? Get a betetr header or else your gonna have clearance issues...GL
thanks i will try again tmrw, btwthose arent ebay ,they are dc sports 4-2-1 headers i bought them from weksos
Old 07-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by imationdawg
thanks i will try again tmrw, btwthose arent ebay ,they are dc sports 4-2-1 headers i bought them from weksos
You should have got a refund. I haven't heard of clearance issues with headers...but,