Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

bad starter?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bad starter?

getting 12.5 volts across the battery. the 12mm bolt on the starter is getting 12.5 volts to GND. the small terminal on the starter is at GND. engine will not crank or turn at all, only click once, i can hear the starter solenoid activate, and fuel is pumping. Tried hitting the starter while cranking, no results. When i manually jump started the starter, (+) terminal on battery straight to the small terminal on starter (was initially at GND), car finally cranked over the motor really quick, i did this while ignition was at the ON position.

does this mean that i have a bad starter, or could it possibly be ignition related?
Old 11-21-2009, 11:09 PM
They let me pick

Default Re: bad starter?

Starter solenoid is probably shot if you can jump it and get it to start.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alkoholikwun
getting 12.5 volts across the battery. the 12mm bolt on the starter is getting 12.5 volts to GND. the small terminal on the starter is at GND. engine will not crank or turn at all, only click once, i can hear the starter solenoid activate, and fuel is pumping. Tried hitting the starter while cranking, no results. When i manually jump started the starter, (+) terminal on battery straight to the small terminal on starter (was initially at GND), car finally cranked over the motor really quick, i did this while ignition was at the ON position.

does this mean that i have a bad starter, or could it possibly be ignition related?
Yaa seems like is no batt. problem. Could be other stuff, main fuel relay,bad ignition ,or bad starter soleniod ...im having the same problem (haven't gotten fixed do to no cash ) but im sure is one of these. I read a thread a wile ago, and for a guy it was the injectors that where all messed up and broken some how. could be other things as well ...Goodluck ...let us know if you get it fixed ....oh yes any check engine light ? if so what Cells?
Old 11-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

problem solved.

took starter to autozone, passed the test, but the starter still ended up being faulty. got a hold of a used starter, tried that one and the car started right up.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alkoholikwun
problem solved.

took starter to autozone, passed the test, but the starter still ended up being faulty. got a hold of a used starter, tried that one and the car started right up.
Great!, Must feel relived that your car starts now.. I my self haven't fixed mine do to the same reason. I will update here asap.