Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

acg (ig) problem...please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default acg (ig) problem...please help!!!

I'm having a problem with my acg ig fuse, everytime i turn the key to the second position, the acg ig fuse keeps blowing. Or best yet, when I try to crank then it blows right before the car actually turns over. I've blown about 50 fuses trying to start it, i've checked everywhere for bad wires and non was found. Please help.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do you have the right amperage fuse???
Old 03-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Global Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it's blowing the ACG fuse that controls the fuel pump priming, so i'm assuming the car is only cranking right?

Make sure your using the right wattage fuse which should be a 15 amp fuse.. Start checking for loose wires
Old 03-04-2007, 05:53 AM

Default Re: (Jimmy)

yeah, it's calling for a 15amp fuse and I've even tried up to a 20amp fuse. still blows. when i turn the key with the good fuse, i hear the fuel pump priming, noise chiming, right when i press the clutch turn the key, pop. At first i thought it would be a bad ignition switch, swapped that out still same. traced my starter wire no problem there. i ripped out the dash checked for loose/bad wire dun see anything. i don't get it, if i leave the key at the on position nothings blows, right when i turn the key without pressint the clutch nothing blows, but right when i press the clutch, then turn the key when the car is almost cranking, pop. there it goes again. please any more suggestions, i've went through about 50 fuses already. ahha....ridiculous i know but it's getting to me. dunno what else to do.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:54 AM

Default Re: (maxboost_50psi)

max, your car looks like my car. haha...almost twins
Old 03-04-2007, 07:30 AM

Default Re: (vnguyen850)

when was the last time you had your fuel pump out...pop the seat and see if there are any pinched wires... i would do an extensive search before poppping any more fuses...something about spark near a fuel tank sounds bad. this dosen't sound like you walked out side to go to work and it started happening. what have you worked on lately?
Old 03-04-2007, 07:53 AM

Default Re: (EkB18C5)

i just bought this car and the guy who had it before me took it to the mechanic and on his way home it happened so he didnt' want to bother with it so he sold the car to me. anyways, to make a long story short, the main relay harness was fried which caused the main relay to go bad and somehow it got to the ecu also. well i replaced, the ecu and the main relay and got everything to power on correctly (before it didn't when i bought it from him), fuel pump runs, everything seems to run correctly. I turn the key to the on position, hear the fuel pump, wait til the chiming noise fade out, press the clutch, fuse still good, turn the key to crank car about to start and then pop. blown fuse...it's only when i turn the key to crank is when the fuse pops...the guy before me had an alarm hooked up and i'm guessing he had remote start, well i took all that out and repaired the wire, i even changed the ignition switch just to make sure the inside wasn't bad. still pops...