Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Part No. for Magnaflow cat-back for ITR?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Part No. for Magnaflow cat-back for ITR?

Can anyone tell me the part no. for the Magnaflow cat-back that will bolt up to an otherwise stock '01 ITR?

From what I gather, all 2dr Integras take the same exhaust with the exception of the pre-'00 GS-R. So, #15652 should fit the ITR.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02pro...a.htm

The main reason I'm questioning is because of this post by SMSP:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=454905

Thanks,
Brian Fitzpatrick
'01 PY ITR
Old 12-31-2003, 07:13 AM

ttt

Anyone who has one of these, I'd appreciate it if you could check your receipt.

I'm nearly 100% sure that the info on the Magnaflow site is wrong, and most places just copied their description.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 12-31-2003, 12:59 PM

Default Re: (bfitz)

Did bfitz get an ITR and ditch the 328??

Thats awesome!!! I'll definitely see you at Auto-x this year! I'm guessing you are planning on tearing up stock class.

btw.......This is Larkin from Omaha. I was at the Auto-x driving school this summer in my 97'. This year I'm hoping to compete a bit in STX
Old 12-31-2003, 01:05 PM

Yep. Actually, the BMW is still in the driveway but hopefully not for too much longer.

BTW, do you (or anyone else local) have an airbox lower resonator that you want to sell. Mine is missing, and I need it for DS.

Brian
Old 12-31-2003, 01:07 PM

I don't yet... but I may sometime soon if I end up getting a comptech Icebox. Did you ITR come stock exhaust less, or just trying to upgrade??

Money is kind of tight right now for me so I'm not sure if i'll be getting the Icebox anytime soon however. But if I do get the Icebox, I'll be sure to let you know
Old 12-31-2003, 01:12 PM

Cheap upgrade...I'd like to shave a little weight, add a little noise from the exhaust, and maybe pick up a couple hp. Right now, all I can hear is the intake ;-)

Brian
Old 01-02-2004, 11:49 AM

I just got off the phone with Magnaflow, and it looks like part number 15653 is the shorter version (i.e., all 2dr except '94-'99 GS-R).

The guy I talked to was familiar with the problem, as he was dealing with someone that ordered the 15653 for his '98 GS-R, and it was too short.

Hopefully, they'll update their website. :-)

Brian
Old 01-02-2004, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't call that exhaust an "upgrade". That is the same size piping as stock if it is 2.25".
Old 01-02-2004, 12:02 PM

Default Re: (Rdriver)

You could run custom 2.5" exhaust. There is a guy on here who sells mandrel piping, resonators, and mufflers
Old 01-02-2004, 12:06 PM

Yes, it's 2.25". I'm going to autox the car in stock class, so I won't be doing anything else to the car. If I were doing header, high-flow cat, and more, I'd go for a 2.5" system. All I'm hoping for is a little less weight, a little more noise, and a couple hp.

It's a straight-through muffler, so it should be a little less restrictive than stock.

Plus, it's only $340 shipped.

Brian
Old 01-02-2004, 12:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bfitz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, it's 2.25". I'm going to autox the car in stock class, so I won't be doing anything else to the car. If I were doing header, high-flow cat, and more, I'd go for a 2.5" system. All I'm hoping for is a little less weight, a little more noise, and a couple hp.

It's a straight-through muffler, so it should be a little less restrictive than stock.

Brian</TD></TR></TABLE>

sounds resonable to me. Plus that, I'm sure it doesn't have the terrible bottlenecks that the stock system has.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bfitz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
BTW, do you (or anyone else local) have an airbox lower resonator that you want to sell. Mine is missing, and I need it for DS.

Brian</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think I still have my old one Brian. This is Todd Coniglio in Omaha. PM me or post here.

-Todd
Old 01-02-2004, 09:00 PM

Hi Todd. How much do you want for it? (can't PM yet...feel free to send email)

Brian
Old 01-02-2004, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bfitz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hi Todd. How much do you want for it? (can't PM yet...feel free to send email)

Brian</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cheap, make me an offer and I'll find it in the garage.

Todd-Coniglio@***.net
Old 01-02-2004, 09:16 PM

Email sent
Old 01-03-2004, 02:19 AM

Umm.. dont put that muscle crap on an ITR put something different.
Old 01-06-2004, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey Brian it will be great to see another ITR at the NRSCCA events!

Last time I saw more than one ITR at a local autocross... it rained all day long
Old 01-06-2004, 01:18 PM

Default Re: (Albino Dragon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Albino Dragon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey Brian it will be great to see another ITR at the NRSCCA events!

Last time I saw more than one ITR at a local autocross... it rained all day long </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL....yup that was me.......-the other ITR
Old 01-07-2004, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EbboyPSi)

I couldnt stand getting my car dirty by driving it in the rain so bfitz did it for me
Old 01-07-2004, 09:27 AM
Global Moderator

Default Re: (#257type-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by #257type-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Umm.. dont put that muscle crap on an ITR put something different.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Cry me a river, sissy.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:30 AM
Global Moderator

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bfitz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, it's 2.25". I'm going to autox the car in stock class, so I won't be doing anything else to the car. If I were doing header, high-flow cat, and more, I'd go for a 2.5" system. All I'm hoping for is a little less weight, a little more noise, and a couple hp.

Brian</TD></TR></TABLE>

Brian, first of all welcome to H-T.

Why don't you just cut the bottlenecks out of the stock exhaust system?

The muffler itself is not the restriction and replacing the bottlenecks with 2.25" piping would cost a lot less than $340.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:03 AM

Too late. It should arrive tomorrow. Besides, I need a little noise for ProSolo starts. It's difficult to launch properly when you can't hear your car because the person next to you is running a straight pipe. The stock exhaust is so quiet that I can't hear it over the intake noise, but that should be better when I replace the missing resonator. Thanks Nate!

Brian
Old 01-11-2004, 06:36 PM

So that no one else has to deal with this...not that anyone else would buy this "muscle crap"...

Based on my conversation with a guy at Magnaflow (detailed above), I ordered part #15653 for my ITR. After I removed the stock exhaust, I tried to fit the first piece, and the hangers are about 4.5" too far downstream. Imagine that!!! I guess he was wrong. I'll call him tomorrow, hopeful that he's willing to send out the correct piece (B-pipe is 2 pieces).

Prior to that, I was impressed with the quality of the exhaust. Everything looks really good, and the tip was perfectly centered when resting on the rear hangers. If anyone is interested, the whole thing weighed 32 lbs, including hardware. I didn't weigh the stock system while I had it out, but I will the next time.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:28 PM

Default Installed...

Well, it finally warmed up a bit (32 degrees, a heat wave!), so I installed the exhaust. Magnaflow sent me the correct resonator section (b-pipe is 2 pieces), and with the correct part, I was very pleased with how everything bolted together and mounted up.

I weighed the Magnaflow system with hardware at 32 lbs. The stock exhaust weighed 37.5 lbs. So, I shed a little over 5 lbs. That ought to be worth a couple thousandths on the autox course

I'll have to give driving impressions later, as I only started it up to move it back to the side of the garage. At idle, I didn't notice much difference from stock. I hope it makes some noise at higher rpm's, as that was one of my main reasons for replacing the stock exhaust. It's difficult to launch at ProSolo's when you can't hear your own car over the one next to you.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Installed... (bfitz)

Got any pics?

Quick Reply: Part No. for Magnaflow cat-back for ITR?