Notices
Acura NSX Honda / Acura NSX 1990 - 2005 || Honda / Acura NSX 2017 -

my turn to say "new owner"

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 08:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my turn to say "new owner"

after a long researched and dealing with many NSX owner my luck finally kicked in and found the best deal that i could get. about a month ago i already gave up that i wouldn't get an NSX for now since all the deal that i make get stolen from me. i said to myself that it wasn't meant to be, yet. but the table turned around and caught me offguard Monday morning. back to work and wasn't really in the mood to open all my files. opened up internet explorer and decided to read some post in NSX prime just to keep myself updated with info. went to for sale forum and found one in my price range and pretty low mileage for a 91.

i decided to replied to his post. after 4 days of talking through email and phone asking this and that me and my friend went for a roadtrip. 250 miles heading through San Francisco. i hate driving going to NorCal cuz the scenery is just dead. 4 hours later (stuck at traffic for a lil bit) finally arrived at Wilson's residence. he greeted us with a smile and introduced us to his family. very nice fellow. he didn't waste anymore time and opened up the garage and drove the black beauty 91 NSX out. after inspecting the car visually he insisted that me and my friend take the car for a drive. he made sure i know how to operate everything first, ofcourse.

drove for almost an hour, went back to his house inspected the car even more now that engine has been running and breaks been tested. no leaks, no burning smell, no weird noises. went through the NSX checklist and everything seems to be working. 2 hours with the car and i was pretty confident that it was in a very good condition and well taken care of. we did the trade off and me and my friend were off into the wide blue yonder.

what a boring drive on the way to his house was exciting and exhilirating coming back.

the only problem i see so far is that the driver side headlight seems to be a little shaky. it doesn't bother me as a driver but i know the people going the other direction can be annoyed with it. any reccomendation on this one. im scheduling the car for a 90k tune up just for an insurance purpose..
Old 08-02-2003, 04:00 PM

Default Re: my turn to say "new owner" (tararan)

good buy, i too wish to say the phrase "new owner of a nsx" someday soon tho. i bet u got a good price for a 91 too. right?
Old 08-02-2003, 04:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my turn to say "new owner" (azndng)

the price was the one that caught my attention. the guy who owned it have to move back to east coast due to his job. he's very cool and easy to deal with.

goodluck your search...
Old 08-02-2003, 04:35 PM
Painting Masterpieces

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats on your recent purchase! I remember reading your post on Prime the other day.

FWIW, I'm from the Central Coast region. Grew up around the SLO and Santa Maria areas. Had a lot of family at Vandenburg during the 70's and 80's. Anyway, congrats.
Old 08-02-2003, 05:22 PM
NA gs-R 05 C

congrats on the nsx. . i wish i can come up on an nsx, lol.
Old 08-02-2003, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my turn to say "new owner" (Ponyboy)

thanks guys..

ponyboy- what part of central coast you in? i want to do a 90k tune up on my car just for peace of mind and i need to know who's good at working with NSX around are area.

have you had experience with Gold Acura, down in ventura?

are you going to the O/P ride 10 AUg and Auto X on 6 Sept?

im gonna try to go to the AutoX meet up.