Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Training for WCHC...at Indoor Karts...I was brilliant...who wants to pay for my racing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Training for WCHC...at Indoor Karts...I was brilliant...who wants to pay for my racing?

This is kind of a solicitations of sorts. Mind you I'm not going to do anything gay to close the deal on a meaningful sponsorship, but surely a driver as brilliant as me should be getting alot of offers.

But let's not get too far ahead.

Last night the aging juvenile delinquents of TCO held their meeting at the indoor kart track in Vancouver and I whooped all their asses and had second fastest time of the day <soft mumbling on>fast time was some 16 year old girl<mumble off>.

As I now believe that I haven't fully promoted myself enough - which explains why JPM is in my chair - I've decided to really focus on spreading the word about how good I am....scratch that....How Phenomenally Great I am.

After re-reading chapter one in Carroll Smith's "Drive to Win" in the course of trying to offer reasonable feedback to AJ, I've determined that I should pull out all the stops.

I will be setting up a Paypal account soon so that donor/sponsor/victims can more easily transfer the vast sums of money I will be needing to take my career to the next level.

This propelling a career forward is alot like racing WCHC it appears. You can't just lay back and wait for an easy opportunity to pass - you have to muscle in and make it happen. Rubbin is Racin - Hell, you better git out the way as you be lucky if all I do is rub ya - rub ya out mo likely.

Scott, who thinks his life is really starting to turn around...no jokes about spinnin out now ya hear!
Old 06-26-2003, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Training for WCHC...at Indoor Karts...I was brilliant...who wants to pay for my racing? (RR98ITR

now if you only weighed as much as a 16 year old girl.
'kart masta'
Old 06-26-2003, 10:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Training for WCHC...at Indoor Karts...I was brilliant...who wants to pay for my racing? (RR98ITR

Hmmmm
Old 06-26-2003, 11:28 AM
.RJ

ROFL!!
Old 06-26-2003, 11:33 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JeffS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hmmmm</TD></TR></TABLE>
LMAO!!
Old 06-26-2003, 11:53 AM
Banned

Location: at last finally back to sweet home, sunny north cali, usa

i think if you set a new track record, then maybe it'll turn more heads. there are so many aspects of being a successful racer... more important than driving/racing skills perhaps, is marketing skills... some people connection and luck doens't hurt. and of course, money solves all problems in racing.... just about.

"This propelling a career forward is alot like racing WCHC it appears. You can't just lay back and wait for an easy opportunity to pass - you have to muscle in and make it happen. Rubbin is Racin - Hell, you better git out the way as you be lucky if all I do is rub ya - rub ya out mo likely."

good point. actually close rubbing of 2-3 mph is much better than staying 5 feet apart, and close in each other at say 10 mph.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GhettoRacer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think if you set a new track record, then maybe it'll turn more heads. there are so many aspects of being a successful racer... more important than driving/racing skills perhaps, is marketing skills... some people connection and luck doens't hurt. and of course, money solves all problems in racing.... just about.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

What?
Old 06-26-2003, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You guys can laff at me all you want, but when it's MY picture in glossy F1 magazine playing volleyball in the winter on a sunny Mediterranean shoreline with the Hawaiian Tropic girls it'll be me laffin.

Scott, who just has to believe in himself enough and it will all come troo....
Old 06-26-2003, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Willard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">now if you only weighed as much as a 16 year old girl.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Funny thing is, he does.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

not if you can't spell laugh
Old 06-26-2003, 12:18 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GhettoRacer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think if you set a new track record, then maybe it'll turn more heads. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Nah, that doesn't work either...

Did that last year at the magny cours karting facility (large outdoor track, with a ton of euros invested in that place) during the F1 weekend. After practicing all day saturday (read: spent a lot of $$$), I made sure I made the first session on sunday morning (for best conditions of course!). Since the official timing system was not running that morning, one of the guys working the pit lane timed a lap three tenths under the (4 stroke 270cc) track record on his stop watch. Now if only it had been official, Ralph (I leave JPM to you RR98ITR) would have sat out that race. But as it was, all that $$$ I had spent on myself on saturday practicing, in the end it got me just some friendly conversations and a thumbs up on sunday morning at the karting track. So as it was *this time*, I watched Ralph sit in his F1 car on grid, while I sat on my own seat in the grandstands. I'll make sure Ralph and his gang don’t get away with sabotaging the timing system next time! But yeah most importantly, I must continue to believe in myself.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmmm, but you ONLY 3/10's fast?

I would have been much faster. Not saying you're not good, but, really, you're no RR98ITR. I always get major thumbs up from the kids who work the indoor kart tracks, in fact sometimes they ask for my autograph, though now they've created a form for that and I just sign it when I first get there every time.

It is important that you believe in yourself, but it would be much more prudent for you to believe in myself even more.

Scott, who's belief in his own self is Stupendous...
Old 06-26-2003, 12:45 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RR98ITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hmmm, but you ONLY 3/10's fast?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Stop rubbing it in my face. I know I know.. Why only that much?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you're no RR98ITR.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's why. How much does your autograph go for these days btw?
Old 06-26-2003, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hracer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
That's why. How much does your autograph go for these days btw?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Oooh oooh oooh, I need one too, actually two of them. My sister's boyfriend's cousin's best friend's mother's unlcle's former college roommate wants one for his shop and I said I could probably get one if they didn't mind giving up the coin.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In what must surely have been one of my last "paid rides", I actually had to pay $40 AND give my autograph.

I seriously doubt that I would even allow myself to be bothered to give you my autograph in the near future. Maybe you can contact my international fan club once it's set up (shortly after my Paypal account is set up).

I must say, you're taking my clear superiority as a racer very well. I only hope those young lightweight kids who've thwarted my ambition at the indoor karts take it half as well when I eventually find 2 or 3 whole seconds and beat them. HaHa - they'll be crying and I'll be LAFFIN!

Scott, who says that maybe you could hold my Umbrella (at the Indoor Karts)...course it'll all depend on what's best for my sponsors...do you look good in a bikini? (are you waxed?)...
Old 06-26-2003, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RR98ITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I whooped all their asses and had second fastest time of the day &lt;soft mumbling on&gt;fast time was some 16 year old girl&lt;mumble off&gt;.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What her cup size?
Old 06-26-2003, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by speedracer33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What her cup size?</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL! Classic.
Old 06-26-2003, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by speedracer33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What her cup size?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey, C'Mon - This is a serious thread about my racing career! You're prurient interests are quite out of place here.

Scott, who's so glad he's on the West Coast where the Serious Racers are...
Old 06-26-2003, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why would I sponsor you? I want to sponsor the winner.

Matt
Old 06-26-2003, 01:38 PM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RR98ITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Scott, who says that maybe you could hold my Umbrella (at the Indoor Karts)...course it'll all depend on what's best for my sponsors...do you look good in a bikini? (are you waxed?)...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think Scott just asked Adam (or maybe Alex) if he is waxed.
If there was EVER a justification for deleting a thread...

PS - Anybody know how to clean vomit out of a keyboard?

PS2 - Nice try Seymore Bookler, but we know you're gay, so cut it out already.
Old 06-26-2003, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by speedracer33 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why would I sponsor you? I want to sponsor the winner.

Matt</TD></TR></TABLE>

What a mean thing to say. I just finally finished crying about it. But I'm not going to let something like this keep me from pursuing my dream. I'm a winner regardless of whether I win or not - and that's what's going to keep me going till I reach my goal. Other drivers may finish ahead of me technically speaking, but I'll know who's really the best. Incidentally this is a good opportunity to share my tuning philosophy: forget dynos, forget time slips, forget lap times, and forget finishing position. Real performance cannot be measured. I think I can sell this. BTW - you gotta ignore bank balances too - just order more checks.

Scott, who will be very busy soon shopping for a Yacht to keep at Monaco where I intend to reside to avoid taxes and extradition....
Old 06-27-2003, 05:32 AM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RR98ITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'm a winner regardless of whether I win or not.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

And doggone it. People like me.
Old 06-27-2003, 05:38 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RR98ITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Real performance cannot be measured. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was under the impression that true performance was measured by how good you looked in your color coordinated Sparco suit, shoes, gloves, neck roll, and of course the graphics applied to your chick magnet helmet.

CHICKS DIG HELMETS !!!!!
Old 06-27-2003, 05:40 AM

my tuning philosophy: forget dynos, forget time slips, forget lap times, and forget finishing position. Real performance cannot be measured. I think I can sell this....</TD></TR></TABLE>
I can see it now... a paid advertisement at 3AM.
Old 06-27-2003, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by XR4racer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I can see it now... a paid advertisement at 3AM. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Least it'd be more interesting than that guy who's head looks photochop on arnold's body.

I think he advertises for bioflex or something.

Quick Reply: Training for WCHC...at Indoor Karts...I was brilliant...who wants to pay for my racing?