Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

fuel injectors wont fire and ecu wont communicate

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel injectors wont fire and ecu wont communicate

i have been troubleshooting this problem for about 2 days. i have tried replacing the pgm-fi relay with a bran new one from oreilly's. still wont start.so i took the pgm-fi relay back and plugged in the old one(trying to save $) i have jumped the fuel pump and i know i have fuel pressure because i cracked the fuel line at the rail. i know spark is good because i checked with an extra spark plug.i also verified that the #3 terminal on the main relay is hot to supply power to the ecu to turn on the injectors.i replaced the spark plugs with bran new ngk's. but heres the thing: even with good fuel pressure, my plugs arent getting wet. that tells me the injectors aren't working. also i tried connecting my scanner to the OBD port. and the ecu WILL NOT communicate. could the ecu be bad? i'm sure if the ecu is bad, it wont fire the injectors. am i right?do they go bad on these cars? any help would be appreciated. i am new to honda's but not new to cars. i figured i could get some answers here. thanks

ps: it will run if i spray into the intake with fluid.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Default Re: fuel injectors wont fire and ecu wont communicate

If you haven't already, check related fuses. I would substitute a known good ECU after that.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:48 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The same fuse that works spark also works fuel so I would think it has to be the ecu.

Just for the hell of it check for power on the yellow/black wire at an injector with the ignition on.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by lifethinker
i have been troubleshooting this problem for about 2 days. i have tried replacing the pgm-fi relay with a bran new one from oreilly's. still wont start.so i took the pgm-fi relay back and plugged in the old one(trying to save $) i have jumped the fuel pump and i know i have fuel pressure because i cracked the fuel line at the rail. i know spark is good because i checked with an extra spark plug.i also verified that the #3 terminal on the main relay is hot to supply power to the ecu to turn on the injectors.i replaced the spark plugs with bran new ngk's. but heres the thing: even with good fuel pressure, my plugs arent getting wet. that tells me the injectors aren't working. also i tried connecting my scanner to the OBD port. and the ecu WILL NOT communicate. could the ecu be bad? i'm sure if the ecu is bad, it wont fire the injectors. am i right?do they go bad on these cars? any help would be appreciated. i am new to honda's but not new to cars. i figured i could get some answers here. thanks

ps: it will run if i spray into the intake with fluid.
OBD fuse good?