Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

Rosko Racing Prelude H2B Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Rosko Racing Prelude H2B Kit

Is anyone on here running this set up in their lude? If so have you had any issues with it? How was the install? Run into any problems?

Last edited by VolkswagenWHO!!!; 04-17-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:14 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: Rosko Racing Prelude H2B Kit

So far as I know Rosko has only made the setup on his 4th gen, and is still finishing up the 5th gen, which is the first kit he plans to market. Originally he made solid motor mounts, but has switched it up to make it appeal to more than just hardcore racers.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:13 AM
moderator emeritus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just a real quick bump up for some information:

my kit will be shipping out in the next week or so.

see his link in my signature for more information on the kit.
Old 01-08-2015, 06:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd be interested in this roller cam stuff. Could you elaborate more, please?
Old 01-08-2015, 06:25 AM
moderator emeritus

Originally Posted by pentaq
I'd be interested in this roller cam stuff. Could you elaborate more, please?
a picture is worth 1000 words

Old 01-08-2015, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sweet. Custom job or commercially available?
Old 01-08-2015, 08:00 AM
moderator emeritus

Originally Posted by pentaq
Sweet. Custom job or commercially available?
The rockers and cams were discontinued through Ferrea and crane. The rockers were made through Ferrea and at some point crane was making the cams and it switched hands or something like that. I'm sure I could research more on it but I'm not really concerned with it. I should be able to make a good bit more power on less boost. There is apparently a company which still has kits available. I'll have to find the link as it was discussed on FB after I purchased them from Reid @ Kaizenspeed. These were the stage 1 rollers which had .500 lift and they apparently had 3 stages of Camshafts. I'm hoping these will be streetable being the least aggressive of those designs. But we shall see. I have a lot of fabrication left to do.

My short block is nearing completion at AR Fabrication so I have some very large pieces of my puzzle which are coming in soon.

I'll use this thread to keep everyone posted.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98vtec
just a real quick bump up for some information:

my kit will be shipping out in the next week or so.

see his link in my signature for more information on the kit.
Badass!!!
Old 01-08-2015, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by m_shake
Badass!!!
I want one of these. I have scene the blog on how to install it but didnt know it came with the shift linkages and shifter setup as well. It was a downer seeing the price tag but seeing that all custom fab has been done for a complete swap. I think it is worth it now. Price was kinda deterring at first but this picture puts it all in perspective really looks like a bulletproof H2b kit to.
I love the half shaft mount lol
Old 01-08-2015, 01:41 PM
moderator emeritus

Well, just FYI, he is only doing one production run of kits for each generation and thats it. When they are all sold, there will not be any more made.

If you want to really get down to it, he did this for the community because it needed to be done. In reality, he is likely losing money even at the posted price but raising the price any more than it is now is just going to scare people off. So keep that in mind when you look at the price tag. Everything down to the type of bolts/hardware he used is grade A top quality stuff. I would not expect anything different from Shawn. His perception of quality is beyond the automotive industry standard.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 98vtec
Everything down to the type of bolts/hardware he used is grade A top quality stuff. I would not expect anything different from Shawn. His perception of quality is beyond the automotive industry standard.
+1

Taking into account quality of products & price, Roskos stuff is a bargain imo.

You won't find anyone with a better rep either.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Money talks, BS walks, and Shawn is a business man. If all the R&D is already done, its just labor and material cost to produce. Im assuming most of the cost is in R&D, and I dont doubt he is barely making anything off of the first couple runs. But as a business man, completely closing the door on future sales prospects doesnt make sense. I see making a few, do like a beta type testing, revise on feedback. Then go forward with final production, with a better feel for the market now that word has gotten out on what you made. The H series prelude was only a 8 year run from 93-01, not the biggest market within the honda scene. But I believe Preludes are making a comeback in popularity.

Id love to see, and can remain hopeful to see them put into full time made to order. All new things are more $ at first, comes with owning cutting edge **** lol.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:46 AM
moderator emeritus

Doing so would require a price increase, and likely a rather large one to make the kit worth his time. His business is not his full-time job. He works at a machine shop full-time and Does the Racing stuff on the side. From what I gather, he is a bit over the kit. Its something he wanted to accomplish and it...flawlessly and wants to move onto bigger and better things. And unless something drastically changes in the interest in the kits, I don't see him changing his mind.
We have talked a lot about these kits over the last few years and when he developed the price, it was moreso an "ok, I need to stop counting what I actually have into each kit." Kind of like when you finish a build and go back to tally up the cost but you stop about 3/4 and see that you dont want to see the full amount. I am not speaking for Shawn but these are simply my perceptions of his thoughts based upon the discussions we have had. If the interest did boom and more and more people were willing to put deposits in to start another production run, then I am sure he would consider it. But in reality, the likelihood of that happening is pretty slim.

$2000 was something that is reasonable for the craftsmanship and time but not so much when you add in full material cost.

Last edited by 98vtec; 01-09-2015 at 06:18 AM.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Completely agree. like I said craftsmanship looks top notch and R&D must have been a B****. I should probably just message him, but you said you have been talking to him about this specific kit for awhile so ill see if you know. Can I install the kit while engine is in. reading the blog there is some grinding on the rear side of the block that needs to be done and that is what I was thinking/concerned about. Thnx for giving us a heads up on the limited kits.
How long has the wait time been since ordering?
Old 01-09-2015, 01:18 PM
moderator emeritus

Originally Posted by ojasia
Completely agree. like I said craftsmanship looks top notch and R&D must have been a B****. I should probably just message him, but you said you have been talking to him about this specific kit for awhile so ill see if you know. Can I install the kit while engine is in. reading the blog there is some grinding on the rear side of the block that needs to be done and that is what I was thinking/concerned about. Thnx for giving us a heads up on the limited kits.
How long has the wait time been since ordering?
it definitely took a lot of time to get both generations developed.

You can install with the engine in the car, but with the amount of work that needs to be done, it would be so much easier to pull the engine, get everything assembled and drop the engine and trans in at once. There is some grinding which has to be done for clearance but as far as i know, thats all the grind you have to do and everything else should be plug and play.

What i really like about his design is the engine angle does not change so you can use your current exhaust setup.

side note: let it be known the clutch deal is the same as standard H2B. you have to use a clutch that is designed to be used for H2B setups.

Also, Insane Shafts makes a axle kit for this now so if you get a kit, get the axles through Shawn as well. It saves time and likely money, depending on the power you want to output, from having to put axles together on your own.

as far as ordering and wait time, you will have to ask him as that is not my business to discuss.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:39 AM
moderator emeritus

Mock up engine and transmission

Old 02-27-2016, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wanted to give a quick update on the progress of the build for those of you who don't venture into the forced induction forum.

I've gotten a lot of fabrication done, engine is assembled and waiting on a few parts to come in to time it. A lot of fab still to do but I'll let the pictures talk

Engine management and a number of other things have all be ordered as well as the fuel system components. For it to run, parts ordering wise, I believe I am down to just an engine harness.
Old 03-01-2016, 11:14 AM
I live under a rock

Your new screen name threw me for a loop........

Looks good man!

I am NEVER on here - next time I check in it'll probably be done.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by spoolinlude
Your new screen name threw me for a loop........

Looks good man!

I am NEVER on here - next time I check in it'll probably be done.
Yea I changed it lol.

And it's very possible. My haltech shows up Friday, the kstuned cam trigger setup should be here early next week. WireWorx harness will get ordered tomorrow and injectors will get ordered soon. I'm really hoping they can figure out how to get the cluster speedometer to work so i dont have to get a racepak.

Hopefully have the engine timed and degreed in the next couple weeks and be ready to drop in.

The intake manifold is almost done, intercooler is almost done, lower radiator/intercooler support is almost done. Need to build the rest of the downpipe (AL exhaust will get done after it's running), build recirculated gates, build crankcase tank, build charge piping, build fuel system.

Once I get the harness and injectors. It should be a matter of just putting it all together.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:06 AM
No Jodas

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

badass