Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Can someone help me review, im still new. '96 Civic CX.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 Can someone help me review, im still new. '96 Civic CX.

Hi, I just bought honda civic cx 96.
i wanna put some stuff to it, but im not sure whether its good or not.

i have couple links that im looking at.
can you guys give me info about it.

thank you?

brakepads:
Amazon.com: Akebono ACT273 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set: Automotive Amazon.com: Akebono ACT273 ProACT Ultra-Premium Ceramic Brake Pad Set: Automotive

short shifter:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skunk2-Dual-Bend-Short-Shifter-94-01-Acura-Integra-ALL-/190858753007?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c701173ef&vxp=mtr
exhaust:
Amazon Amazon

what dyou guys think? are they good?
Old 03-30-2014, 06:27 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Can someone help me review, im still new. '96 Civic CX.

The Akebono pads are nice daily driver pads. Check pricing for those on rockauto...and while you're at it, check their rotor/pad packages. They have powerstop Evo pads...which work great too. They're very similar to the Akebono Ceramic.

The Skunk2 short throw is the only one I actually like because it's made from steel AND not overly short. So shifting is still smooth.

Skip the Yonaka catback. Save a little more $$ and buy an Apex'i Worldsport or a RS*R Exmag (if you can find it). Or adapt a stock ITR exhaust/see if an importer like www.jdmenginescorp.com can get you a CTR exhaust....and just modify your exhaust to fit. The CTR exhaust will be short, but you can install a 2.25 or 2.5" test pipe between your CX downpipe and the CTR catback. Your actual cat is in your manifold...so you'll still have a cat.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon6 Re: Can someone help me review, im still new. '96 Civic CX.

Originally Posted by B serious
The Akebono pads are nice daily driver pads. Check pricing for those on rockauto...and while you're at it, check their rotor/pad packages. They have powerstop Evo pads...which work great too. They're very similar to the Akebono Ceramic.

The Skunk2 short throw is the only one I actually like because it's made from steel AND not overly short. So shifting is still smooth.

Skip the Yonaka catback. Save a little more $$ and buy an Apex'i Worldsport or a RS*R Exmag (if you can find it). Or adapt a stock ITR exhaust/see if an importer like www.jdmenginescorp.com can get you a CTR exhaust....and just modify your exhaust to fit. The CTR exhaust will be short, but you can install a 2.25 or 2.5" test pipe between your CX downpipe and the CTR catback. Your actual cat is in your manifold...so you'll still have a cat.
i end up using roackauto to buy the rotor and brakepads for my front.

so then ima keep the skunk2 short shifter on my list then.

as for the exhaust.
I dont see exhaust at www.jdmenginescorp.com i only see engines and tranny.
RSR is too expensive and hard to find new. The apexi ws2, is that what you meant? i have that on my list also but iam not quite sure about it.
as for ctr and itr exhaust, im not gonna be able to find them new, i have to get them used off ebay or craiglist which is still gonna be bit expensive.
2.5" is way too big i think for na motor especially its under 200whp, 2.25" is perfect i think.
idk what downpipe are you talking about though, because on my car it has a header not downpipe.
my cat isnt in the manifold from what i remember, its underneath the car. like the header is attached to the head of the car, header->cat->resonator->muffler. thats my exhaust system atm.

so if my budget is 300$ for exhaust system, what would you recommend?
including highflow cat~
Old 03-30-2014, 08:23 PM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your 96 CX has a cat underneath the car? That's all aftermarket then. Someone may have put a header on the car and then used a cat from a EX/Si/Integra. They would also have had to cut your exhaust about 14" and weld a flange or weld the cat right to the catback.

So now any exhaust you buy for a 96-00 hatchback (any model besides CTR), you will have to chop about 14" off the exhaust and weld a flange/weld the cat.

2.5" piping is not too big for NA...but regardless of piping size, you won't see any gains from your D series from any exhaust. The Apex'i WS2 (worldsport 2) is just MUCH better quality and fitment and sound as compared to the Yonaka. So you're not going to see any horsepower....but you'll have a much nicer exhaust with the WS2. The Yonaka looks like ****...and you're not going to make power. Save your money. I'd rather keep the stock exhaust.

Out of curiosity, what motor do you have? Are you sure there is a cat under the car?

That jdmenginescorp.com place can find you a CTR/ITR exhaust if you call and ask. The fitment is top notch (duh), and people have done 200whp on the stock ITR exhaust. From what I remember my stock 01 ITR's exhaust was 2.38"....just like the worldsport 2.

But if you can get a worldsport 2 for the same $$, go with that.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Also check eBay Japan as well. You can get some real nice exhausts there as well...stuff we don't get here. I got my Fujitsubo for like $300 shipped back in the day and the quality is unreal. It's going on my coupe very soon.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:40 AM
If you loved me, you'd all sell me your magic cards to me today

What are your goals for the car? Budget?