Notices

new race fuel! Fuel The World (FTW-purple)!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Icon6 new race fuel! Fuel The World (FTW-purple)!!

its been a while since ive posted here in forced induction, but we have recently been doing some testing with a new race fuel, and the results have been too amazing not to share with the rest of the world. the drag race community is becoming familiar with it, but i feel everybody else should know about it too!

THIS IS NOT A FOR SALE THREAD. PLEASE DO NOT TURN IT INTO ONE. NO PRICING WILL BE MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD. IF SOMEBODY MENTIONS PRICING, MODS PLEASE DELETE IT!

from the manufacture:

"FTW RACING FUELS! The first of their kind with a highly oxygenated race blend E85! Years of development finally ready and released to the public. The largest advancement in fuel technology is decades."

everybody remembers when the common switch was from c16 to q16, and the gains associated with that. then from q16 the switch was made to e85 and then up to e98. somehow, this fuel flat out embarrass all of those other fuels with the horsepower gains. i specifically remember switching from c16 to q16 and picking up a little power, but nothing like this. i have honestly never seen a gain like this from a simple fuel change.

here are a couple examples and i will continue to show more.

this here is making the switch from pump gas to ftw purple. the ignition timing was untouched (however im sure it could pick up a little more power with some ignition advance on the ftw fuel). the boost controller was turned off. this is 100% no changes other than the fuel, and modifying the fuel map. pump gas afr was 12:0, ftw air fuel was 11.5, so its actually richer.

this is a 84mm gsr with ported head, cams, and a old school CAST 67mm precision turbo. we have had this car on the dyno numerous times and are very familiar with it. highest horsepower this car has ever made previously was low/mid 700's. (have tried c16 and q16 in the past). with FTW fuel, we broke the 800 horsepower mark. with a billet 67 that could make more boost, it would have really been amazing.

the best part about this fuel is you dont have to run it dead lean, you dont have to be crazy aggressive with the timing, the fuel just WANTS to make power which makes it very enjoyable to tune, and we have not had a customer that wasnt amazed yet

unfortunately we were unable to complete the testing on this car, but for the setbacks we had, the gains are still pretty impressive even though it clearly would have gained more with out the tire spin.

taken from our face book page (like our page for more updates) http://www.facebook.com/TempestRacing.net

"what a day. the goal was to do some touch up on a tune (car was tuned at what i thought was a reputable shop previously) and test some fuel. once we pulled the map from the car and looked at it, it was obvious we had to start from scratch. made a e98 map, then poured in the FTW fuel. the car sounded like it picked up a ton of power, but unfortunately began doing a john force burn out. after trying a few different things, the trans decided it wanted to end its life, so we did not get a true hp number with the ftw fuel....however anybody who was there and saw a car go from hooking to breaking the tires loose just by changing the fuel became a believer!"

we have some all motor testing to do next week with the fuel (back to back q16 vs ftw) and several other turbo cars lined up. we will be sure to have some better tires lined up for the big power turbo cars, so the gains can be measured better.

this fuel is ethanol based, and oxygenated, so you do need a big fuel system to run it.

ftw fuel WILL work with injector dynamics 2000cc fuel injectors. after swelling it will turn them into approx. 1800cc. the 1000cc injectors will be unaffected.

feel free to ask any questions or post dyno graphs showing your gains. we have not seen a single vehicle yet that did not pick up an impressive amount of power, just by simply switching fuels!

dollar for dollar (especially if your set up is maxed out) there really is not a more cost effective way to pick up this kind of power!

the gains in some cases are almost hard to believe unless you see it with your own eyes. if you have the fuel system for it, i suggest giving it a try to experience it and to become a believer yourself!
Old 09-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: new race fuel! Fuel The World (FTW-purple)!!

How big are those drums and how hard is getting the stuff? Do they need to come freight?

Until I buy a house closer to an e85 station I either have to plan trips around the stations or drive 30 minutes out of my way in traffic to get to them.

You should have seen the look on the Realtor's face when part of my criteria was "close to a gas station with e85". Priceless.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

currently sold in 5 gallon drums and can be shipped....we do not have e85 stations with in an hour of us, so i feel your pain on that!
Old 09-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

but the question still remains... cost over standard e85...
i get vp stupid cheap and the nearest e85 station from me is 30 miles one way.
for me if i can't get it in 55 gal. drums its just nor worth it for me.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why the 1000cc injectors will be unaffected?

Very interested th Test Between C16and FTW Fuel.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The price of this fuel is irrelavent compared to normal e85 as its not in the same ball park when it comes to power out put. This is not a fuel you would want to drive around town on its for when you want to make the most power possible. It is not for everybody.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Steeve_Civic
Why the 1000cc injectors will be unaffected?

Very interested th Test Between C16and FTW Fuel.
This will walk all over c16. C16 does not add power by its self, even e85 makes more power than c16.

The 1000s are not effected by the mtbe like 2000s. Different internals inside the injector.

I'm sure we will switch a car from c16 to ftw soon, I will post the results.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:28 PM
DO IT ON ALL FOURS

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I am still skeptical. Post some 1/4 mile time comparisons and that may persuade the non-believers. Also, without a price, this is more of a marketing gimmick like the "As Seen on TV" junk. Lastly, everyone knows how long 5 gallons lasts on Race Day.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm stoked you're skeptical! Those are my favorite people to convert!! Trust me I was at first too. As far as the track times go. Power is power. If your car goes 11.20 and your goal is 10.99, and a fuel change can handle the task at hand, would you give it a try. As far as others that have converted in competitive drag racing, they have been accused of running nitro. Take it for what it's worth.

If your skeptical, give it a shot!!! I'm skeptical of everything until I see it with my own eyes.

As far as pricing.... Honda-tech does not allow it to be posted, that's out of my control.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Originally Posted by Turbo-charged
The price of this fuel is irrelavent compared to normal e85 as its not in the same ball park when it comes to power out put. This is not a fuel you would want to drive around town on its for when you want to make the most power possible. It is not for everybody.
most of what I do is FormulaD related, not drag racing. so i couldn't use 5 gallons. I'd need a 55 gallon drum to keep on the rig or something larger than 5 gallons... although I wouldn't mind picking some up for testing on my S13 TT V8 build... be curious to see how it performs on big displacement, high boost motors.

Im just curiorus as to the price vs. e85 because all this fuel seems like is unleaded, oxygenated e85... am I wrong?

and we drive on the street running race gas all the time lol.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ive said it before and ill say it a million more times. This fuel isn't for everybody. If your doing that type of racing it may not be ideal. Then again if you wanted to win, maybe it is? It may be a bit pricey used in those quantities.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

V8 tt s13 sounds sick. Power gains from the fuel are percentage based so the more power you make, the more additional power the fuel will make. It's actually pretty sick
Old 09-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

the goal is 800 to the wheels on 93 with 70/30 meth injection... I have a feeling this fuel would tap out the turbo setup and the transmissions torque rating lol.

Normally we use vp u4, c16 or q16, but being that we get dealer pricing, its bot that bad... but we use it sparingly, mostly in our race bikes and occasionally in the z06.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:31 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

miller posted the prices in a thread in the drag race forum. at those prices, like already said, it's not for everyone.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

**** is not cheap, but the gains I've been seeing around the drag forum pretty much mirror what is going on in this thread.

But, like stated, you need a big *** fuel system to run this stuff... which I have
Old 09-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

you gotta pay to play
Old 09-02-2012, 12:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It should be tested by a HT member on dyno and Drag Strip ASAP!

Otherwise, Do we need to change our fuel line like Methanol?

FTW is MTBE based fuel?
Old 09-02-2012, 04:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^ it has been. By Prayoonto Racing, Speedfactory, T1, Kaizenspeed, and a bunch of others to name a few in the "Honda" community since we are on Honda tech.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:03 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

it has mtbe in it.
has anyone tested it on non-honda apps?
Old 09-02-2012, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes of course, some speak of it and some don't. To some people it is "their upper hand"

I can't advertise the ones who ask me not to but we have done a fair amount of "non honda" based stuff.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How is FTW E85 better than the E85 you can get at the pumps?? Fuel octane is fuel octane. E85 is not a big secret. It is well known that switching to E85 will make a lot more power over 91 or even Q16. The only thing I dont like about E85 is you use 1/3 more over regular 91-94 pump gas and it is harder to find at the pumps. I live in AZ and know it is out there but I have yet to pull into a gas station that has E85. What I am getting at is FTW normal E85 or is it something super special since fuel octane is fuel octane I dont see it being better that pump E85. Nice write up BTW.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

FTW is not normal e85. Head over to the drag racing section and T1's comparison on the fuel. It males more power then E98 just from switching fuels.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh and its the fuel speedfactory has been using as they smash records!
Old 09-02-2012, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nealnanoHX
How is FTW E85 better than the E85 you can get at the pumps?? Fuel octane is fuel octane. E85 is not a big secret. It is well known that switching to E85 will make a lot more power over 91 or even Q16. The only thing I dont like about E85 is you use 1/3 more over regular 91-94 pump gas and it is harder to find at the pumps. I live in AZ and know it is out there but I have yet to pull into a gas station that has E85. What I am getting at is FTW normal E85 or is it something super special since fuel octane is fuel octane I dont see it being better that pump E85. Nice write up BTW.
The best way I can break it down for people is this. you have gasoline. You have 87 from the pump and you have vp import. They are both gasolines and one you would run in your race car and one you wouldn't. One is the bottom of the barrel and inconsistent and one if the best of the best. This is exactly how we look at pump e85 compared to FTW purple and future FTW racing ethanol blends. The ONLY similarities are they are ethanol based fuels.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nealnanoHX
I understand this fuel is oxygenated vs pump e85 is not.

Quick Reply: new race fuel! Fuel The World (FTW-purple)!!