Honda Minivans, Crossovers, and Trucks Honda Odyssey / Ridgeline / Pilot / HR-V
Acura MDX / RDX

Again: Seatbelt chime deactivation code for 2006 Honda Pilot

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 11:42 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Again: Seatbelt chime deactivation code for 2006 Honda Pilot

I need the code to deactivate the seatbelt chime in a 2006 Honda Pilot.

I have searched extensively and I've learned the following:

1.) Other Honda models have such a code.
2.) There is no reason this one would not.
3.) Numerous, extremely morally righteous persons believe that their point of view is best supported by censorship and non-topical lecturing.
4.) Every time this question has been asked it is not answered because of the individuals in point 3. I have exhausted the internet seeking this information and have been thwarted by #3's in each case.

I honestly don't care what you think about seatbelts. I don't care if you think I should or shouldn't wear one. I don't care if you think that providing information will cause you legal liability because it most obviously will not, and you are making threats to try and silence debate and information.

If you feel that you have a comment about whether I should wear a seatbelt or not, please take this opportunity to shut up, and move on to another thread. I will drive one mile on a freeway, during rush hour, while weaving, with an unbelted child in my car for every comment telling me either that I should wear a seatbelt, or that I should not bypass a 'safety' mechanism.

If, on the other hand, you have relevant, topical information addressing my needs I will be sincerely grateful if you shared it with me.

Thank you!
Old 03-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Again: Seatbelt chime deactivation code for 2006 Honda Pilot

I share your pain and on my MDX in frustration I went into the instrument panel and removed the beeper ..I just bought a new 2012 Pilot for the wife and did not want to get rid of all the beepers so I just did the driver's seat belt ...I did this by opening the lock mechanism at the seat and defeating the microswitch ...I searched all forums for any codes but I don't think Honda wants us to stop the beeps . Check out this site for some pics on doing the Oddysey van belts ..The Pilot is a little trickier as they have updated the switch . http://www.odyclub.com/forums/52-200...disable-2.html

I have a couple of pics of the pilot hack.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Trial User

Icon2 Re: Again: Seatbelt chime deactivation code for 2006 Honda Pilot

Originally Posted by ditzpro
I share your pain and on my MDX in frustration I went into the instrument panel and removed the beeper ..I just bought a new 2012 Pilot for the wife and did not want to get rid of all the beepers so I just did the driver's seat belt ...I did this by opening the lock mechanism at the seat and defeating the microswitch ...I searched all forums for any codes but I don't think Honda wants us to stop the beeps . Check out this site for some pics on doing the Oddysey van belts ..The Pilot is a little trickier as they have updated the switch . http://www.odyclub.com/forums/52-200...disable-2.html

I have a couple of pics of the pilot hack.
Hey ditzpro - If you don't mind can you post those pics of how you did the mod? I have my seatbelts on my 2012 Pilot torn apart but I'm not sure how to mod this thing.

Thanks!
Old 04-13-2012, 04:52 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by drderbydog
Hey ditzpro - If you don't mind can you post those pics of how you did the mod? I have my seatbelts on my 2012 Pilot torn apart but I'm not sure how to mod this thing.

Thanks!
Here is what mine looks like.

This is a picture of the seatbelt buckle on the driver's side. The arrow pointing to the gray plastic piece is part of the actuator that slides up and down when you plug the buckle in. This picture is with the buckle inserted. The yellow circle is showing the metal piece that makes contact when you insert the buckle (in this case, the metal piece is making contact).

This is a bit trickier than the Odyssey buckle linked above, I'm not quite sure how to bypass it.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:04 AM
Trial User

One more thing about disassembling the buckle part. BigFoot48 on the Odyssey forum was right on with the Torx #10 screwdriver. However, on both the driver and passenger side the torx screw closest to the dashboard came out fine but the other one I couldn't get a grip on with the screwdriver. I don't know if this is intentional or if I just happened to get two bad screws, one on each side. The head of the screw was fine, but there was a small protrusion in of metal in the middle of the screw that prevented me from fully inserting the screwdriver.

I took a very small drill bit and lightly drilled the center of the screw to remove the excess metal and then I was able to remove them without issue.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Trial User

OK guys Here's my pics ..

http://www.harryn.com/doc1.html
Old 04-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Trial User

The real question that would make this so easy is .
What does the switch do ? I have tried unplugging the wire under the seat and every combination of touching these wires ..together , grounding one or the other , or both ...Nothing works except this mechanical means ..I tried to find a wiring diagram on the web ,but even if I did , I'm not sure I would be able to figure it out ..Anyway , we now have sweet silence .
Be sure to wear your belt !!
Old 10-05-2020, 07:32 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by ditzpro
The real question that would make this so easy is .
What does the switch do ? I have tried unplugging the wire under the seat and every combination of touching these wires ..together , grounding one or the other , or both ...Nothing works except this mechanical means ..I tried to find a wiring diagram on the web ,but even if I did , I'm not sure I would be able to figure it out ..Anyway , we now have sweet silence .
Be sure to wear your belt !!
It’s possible the switch has a specific resister value in it rather than just touching two or more wires together. I’m just working on this myself for my 2008 Pilot. It super frustrating when other manufacturers just have a quick trick to turn this on and off instead of physically permanently disabling things.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:03 PM
Global Moderator

Received 420 Likes on 390 Posts

It likely is a seat belt buckle with a hall effect sensor.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Seems easier to just wear the seatbelt.

And there is less chance of your airborne carcass damaging someone else's car.