Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

1997 honda civic DX hatch, dome light is not working and I have searched!! Alot lol

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 honda civic DX hatch, dome light is not working and I have searched!! Alot lol

I have searched and can't find anything regarding the dx, just the models with keyless entry. I just bought a 97 dx hatch last night and the dash lights weren't working because of aftermarket radio, I got that fixed but my domelight still won't come on and the car doesn't ding when the door is open either. People have said it is because of the radio and there should be a green plug behind the dash for the keyless entry to splice together and fix the domelight.. The dx doesn't have keyless entry and I cant find that plug and im guessing it's because it didn't come with it. The stereo was a hack job no adapter harness they just cut and wired the stereo up. But I can't even find a location for a fuse for the dome light and the door dinger is it labeled as something else?? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 1997 honda civic DX hatch, dome light is not working and I have searched!! Alot l

Well I found it, there was a short going to the wire under the hood.