Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

tranny messed up ...again

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 07:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny messed up ...again

so i swaped in my new tranny i got from a junkyard a month ago it worked for a while. while i was driving today was at a stop my check engine light came on and my D4 started flashing i noticed it climbs in speed very roughly im guessing the gears were messed up and with my foot all the way down on the gas climbs very slow i used the bottom gears to start going as they were more effective i went to shucks orileys and used their OBD2 transmitter and the code it gave me was "P0758 and said shift solenoid B electrical" im not quite sure what it is im guessing the whole tranny needs to be replaced again or is it some electrical wire what is it which is it and whats the fix????????????

Last edited by elliascool; 03-22-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: tranny messed up ...again

The shift control solenoids are located on the front of the tranny just above and to the right of the tranny dipstick. Heres a link that might be of help http://techautorepairs.com/transmission.html. It might need cleaning or replaced do you still have your old tranny as you could transfer the solenoid from one to the other.
Joe
Old 03-23-2011, 04:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The resistance across that solenoid should be 12 to 25ohm's...and if the solenoid is not sticking replace the solenoid.
One other simple thing you can do is to check the fuse in the driver's under-dash fuse relay box....#6, 15amp.
If both those items are ok....see that the terminal plugs are clean and snug for the pcm connectors.
other than those items your problem is in the wiring or the pcm.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jmb106jr
The shift control solenoids are located on the front of the tranny just above and to the right of the tranny dipstick. Heres a link that might be of help http://techautorepairs.com/transmission.html. It might need cleaning or replaced do you still have your old tranny as you could transfer the solenoid from one to the other.
Joe
yea thats what i was thinking thnx ill look into it
Old 03-23-2011, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Bligh
The resistance across that solenoid should be 12 to 25ohm's...and if the solenoid is not sticking replace the solenoid.
One other simple thing you can do is to check the fuse in the driver's under-dash fuse relay box....#6, 15amp.
If both those items are ok....see that the terminal plugs are clean and snug for the pcm connectors.
other than those items your problem is in the wiring or the pcm.
oh i havnt thought of a fuse... ill check that thnx
Old 03-23-2011, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok i checked the fuses are all good! i looked at the electrical on the shift solenoids and nothing seems wrong so ima change it with the onesfrom my old tranny n see....
Old 03-23-2011, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok so i changed the top 1 and i tested the car and still same thing!!! then i changed the bottom one and tested the car and it seems to be working as normal again!!!! whew!!! i wanna thank "Jmb106jr" thnx for the guide man! now my question is im scared if it happens again or not i hope it will last and is not a quick fix?!?!
Old 03-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

PM'ed
Old 03-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by elliascool
ok so i changed the top 1 and i tested the car and still same thing!!! then i changed the bottom one and tested the car and it seems to be working as normal again!!!! whew!!! i wanna thank "Jmb106jr" thnx for the guide man! now my question is im scared if it happens again or not i hope it will last and is not a quick fix?!?!
Your welcome! They go bad. I wouldn't worry! The top and bottom ones are functionally the same. The only difference is the length of the wires and the connectors are different so hold on to the one good one you still have.
Joe