Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Could someone check out this VIN for me?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 06:22 PM
*Bounty Hunter*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could someone check out this VIN for me?

Hi gang!

Its been... 7+ years since I last hand my civc, about 2 years now since I last had a Honda in general, needless to say I miss it. Its terrible to say, but I always come back lol.

I found a semi local black EK ('98 EX) fully functional, supposedly needs nothing, however the seller says the state is giving him a few months before they can get him the title... Kind of suspect.

Anywhoo, if someone can run this VIN for me, I would greatly appreciate it! Ive talked him down to about $1200 (car comes with a type r lip and black housing headlights) other than its stock with 151k on it. No lights on the dash.

Help me out H-T!

1HGEJ814XWL090687

Thanks again!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Could someone check out this VIN for me?

Originally Posted by Mark's 1.8T
Hi gang!

Its been... 7+ years since I last hand my civc, about 2 years now since I last had a Honda in general, needless to say I miss it. Its terrible to say, but I always come back lol.

I found a semi local black EK ('98 EX) fully functional, supposedly needs nothing, however the seller says the state is giving him a few months before they can get him the title... Kind of suspect.

Anywhoo, if someone can run this VIN for me, I would greatly appreciate it! Ive talked him down to about $1200 (car comes with a type r lip and black housing headlights) other than its stock with 151k on it. No lights on the dash.

Help me out H-T!

1HGEJ814XWL090687

Thanks again!
never been totaled never been stolen.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:05 PM
*Bounty Hunter*

What would hold up the title search for so long? Luckily in my state I just need the prev registration but it makes it seem suspect (I hope not)
Old 03-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark's 1.8T
Hi gang!

Help me out H-T!

1HGEJ814XWL090687

Thanks again!

DO NOT PAY for the vehicle until you see the vehicle and get the vehicle in your own hands WITH A LEGIT TITLE - also verify the VIN plate/door/clip numbers to make sure they match. Big scams goin on where they are washing titles and or playing a "shell game" with cars that really do not exist or have been stolen, etc. Sounds fishy to me. Why is the state giving him issues? Maybe the C-VINS do not match? I would get more info before purchasing...

In addition to this it is possible he has no title, or an open title signed off wrong, or perhaps a bonded title. There are so many possibilities I might just ask the guy up front what is the hold up?
Old 03-10-2011, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't see a state holding the title for any longer than normal time frame unless there is a legal issue. I would suggest you got to a tag office and tell them you are trying to by the car and want to know if there is an issue with it. They may charge you if you want history of it. Just make sure you tell them you are not looking for any personal information, your just wanting to know if there are any issues. That should put them at ease on making your inqury.

I use to work where I delt with registrations.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by pityocamptes
- also verify the VIN plate/door/clip numbers to make sure they match.
dunno if it is on all shells but mine has the VIN stamped into the body right above the fuel filter on the firewall
Old 03-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you have AAA, i think they can check on that for you. They have access to DMV files. just my guess.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

local pd can
Old 03-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SoFlaNut
local pd can
yeah but basically they can tell you if registered and if stolen. they cannot give out any other information. just yes or no on either of those 2
Old 03-11-2011, 06:05 AM
*Bounty Hunter*

Well the car is located in CT. He has a current registration in his name (registered about a month ago) however, he went to do a title search, and the state is saying it may be a few months before he gets it.

What I dont understand is how he was able to register it? My state (RI) allows you to register any vehicle 10 years or older with just the previous registration. So it may be more legit than we think it is, I just want to know what the best department is to contact about this...
Old 03-11-2011, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

tag/title office. sounds like they are doing a lost title.(title 42 for Oklahoma)
Old 03-16-2011, 06:57 AM
Trial User

Hi guys I am in the same situation. I am planning to buy my first car, but I am on a limited budge and I cannot afford a vin check. The car looks very nice and I was wondering if anybody here has unlimited vin check and is able to assist me. Any kinds of comments or suggestions are appreciated.
The Vin Numbers are: JTKDE177450018898 and JTKDE177570200855.
My Email is: DTC87@msn.com
Thank you everyone.