Notices

Who loves their CRX as much as I?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who loves their CRX as much as I?

mmm, the feeling of walking out into a parking lot and looking at that car, that beautiful car. We all know the grin we get....

I went to compusa and while coming out, i saw a crx, same year and color, parked on the other side of the parking lot behind me. I thought at first someone moved my car. But i saw mine.
I went to get in and a woman, young 40's, approached me and said "what year is that?"
Its a 1990 DX. She said hers was a HF.
She said when the CRXs first came out she really wanted one but couldnt get one because money was so tight. She said she got hers at a car auction and put a newer motor in it.

We parted, but the thought stuck with me.

There are people around the world who love this car, different people from very diverse backgrounds. Its amazing. Honda, a car, a generation all its own.

what kind of feeling do you get?

ps: the first time i drove my car, i got a boner.....
Old 12-07-2004, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Who loves their CRX as much as I? (dlszrfn)

I love my car. I love to look at it. I love to drive it. I love it. Will never part with it. Crx's are hard to come by at a good price.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Who loves their CRX as much as I? (Ronin150)

i know how u feel. I know a friend that chose a 2002 Lexus IS 300 over a Crx. And save up all the money that was going toward lexus and fixed the crx that she bought. Crx are the **** though. I love them to death.

You know how people carry pictures of their girlfriends in their wallets?

I carry pictures of my crx. LOL it's the first thing i see when i wake up every morning and the last thing
Old 12-07-2004, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ive gotten 3 of my 4 rex's for free. usually the last guy on the chain to drag them home before theyre plasma cut into 5 cute little sections and recycled to be new hondas. i dont get attatched anymore.

on the other hand.. a b16 crx that i got by chance without even knowing what it was changed my life. soichiro honda is responsible for my self employment. thanks buddy!
Old 12-07-2004, 07:01 PM

yeah on of you guys beat me. crx's are so light man. mini monsters is what i call them
Old 12-07-2004, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Who loves their CRX as much as I? (DohcSide)

i love the bodystyle of crxs theyre unique and theyre light and so little and easy to handle...wouldnt choose any car over a crx...id take the money instead and buy more and do different stuff with them like jdm conversions and stuff
Old 12-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Who loves their CRX as much as I? (DohcSide)

after I park my crx, when walking , I always look back at it.

I *heart* my Crx.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who loves their CRX as much as I? (Rob.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rob. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">after I park my crx, when walking , I always look back at it.

I *heart* my Crx. </TD></TR></TABLE>

celestial blue pearl
Old 12-07-2004, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Who loves their CRX as much as I? (Rob.)

2nd CRX I ever rode in did the quarter in 13.5 (track). Guy shot us up to 105 in 14 seconds passing a Winco with cars to left and right of us doin 35. I almost **** my pants. THAT is what made me want to buy a Honda. I enjoy working on my friend's crx, with my civic sitting right next to it. I love those little cars.

I was in the market for either a CRX or a civic, same years, just the civic got to me first. I voluntarily gave an $8000 Sunfire away to my sister, because I could not sell it and buy something else, and saved all my coins to buy a $1200 car, which is sooooo infinitely better.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Who loves their CRX as much as I? (31flavorscivic)

i love them so much i got this...the 2nd part will be done soon...

Old 12-07-2004, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i just love the looks of a crx and they are just a blast to drive.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Who loves their CRX as much as I? (crxgator)

crx gator is the man! i love my crx , even when its at the shop, i drive 15miles a day just to take a quick glance at it to make sure its ok.When i think of my crx , i cant help but get on honda-tech and look at crx's. its my hobby and addiction that i love . IM thinking bout buying another!(oh yeah..i spent all my savings on it, today i had a peanut butter sandwich that my school gave out for free. Thats all i ate today ) All this for my cool crx!
Old 12-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: Who loves their CRX as much as I? (CRX_Control)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRX_Control &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">crx gator is the man! i love my crx , even when its at the shop, i drive 15 miles just to take a quick glance at it to make sure its ok.When i think of my crx , i cant help but get on honda-tech and look at crx's. its my hobby and addiction that i love . IM thinking bout buying another!(oh yeah..i spent all my savings on it, today i had a peanut butter sandwich that my school gave out for free. Thats all i ate today ) All this for my cool crx!</TD></TR></TABLE>

couldnt have said it better myself..
Old 12-07-2004, 07:59 PM

i love them as well. When I first saw them I didn't like them and then thought about buying one but putting a body kit to make them look better and now I love everything about them and they look the best with stock stuff, maybe performance rims or painted. After modifiying my car(still not finished) i got out and my knees were shaking. only honda i would ever bought and would buy

Modified by itellyawhat at 10:30 PM 12/7/2004
Old 12-07-2004, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (itellyawhat)

Every time I walk by my car in the parking lot at school, I can't help but stare at it.

&lt;Tiny Tim&gt;God bless Hondas, every one!&lt;/Tiny Tim&gt;
Old 12-07-2004, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (itellyawhat)

I patted my CRX today to thank it for driving so well through the freezing rain and fog on the way into work. Then it rained and cleaned off all the slush and crap and it shined in contrast with the grey environment around it. I cant wait untill I can save up to get the camo paint done. It will look like a tank.

CRX Forum
Old 12-07-2004, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (crxforum)

Saw this thread, going to look at my hatch now.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:15 PM

I love it too, its a fun car to drive, its fast for what it is, and it gets good gas mileage, so I can drive it all day for cheep, its just a great Little car.
I'm doing a rebuild on the trans I'm waiting for parts and it Kills me that I can't drive it every day.

I can't wait to get it running again ug. fk. I cant take it any more.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:19 PM
Skoobie no more...

Default Re: Who loves their CRX as much as I? (BOSS-REX)

not me, hatch all the way

edit: gator is one crazy ****....
Old 12-07-2004, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Who loves their CRX as much as I? (HatchBox)

but your hatch is canadian, it aint from the motherland y0...
Old 12-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Skoobie no more...

Default Re: Who loves their CRX as much as I? (crxgator)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxgator &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but your hatch is canadian, it aint from the motherland y0... </TD></TR></TABLE>

so what hatch love

**** the mother land, Canada is where its at.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:54 PM
Crazy Honda Guy

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I still love the crx, even after 15 years. I had 7 of them now, and still own 2 of which i'm keeping. I swear, its one of the very most fun cars to drive! I have an 89 model which hasn't seen winter since 1993, i keep it in premium condition, and get a lot of interest from other people both on the street and the sidewalk.

I'm not bias by any means either as i have an rx7 and an rsx as well, but the crx just has some kind of specail fun factor to it.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:32 PM

http://www.norcalcrx.org/gallery/Nikozai/P6270035 - Read what i wrote at the bottom.
I still do that with my new CRX.. but it's been a long time and alot of work to get it this way, I'm not just lookin at a car, i'm lookin at a lot of time and effort.
It's worth it every time someone says how much they like my car. But even more everytime i drive it.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mike_belben@yahoo.com)

I love my car when I finsihed my hatch and rolled it outta the shop I loved every minute I was in it treated it like Gold got to the point were I really wanted a crx I am still workin on it and its in my old boss' shop right now getting painted but I know i will have the same feeling everytime im walking to it either from my side door or from Bertucci's you just get that feeling like wow this thing really is hand built by me going low 12's(hatch) crx should be in the low low 11's
Old 12-08-2004, 12:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turboZChatch)

Man, I love the CRX... and this is coming from a 10 year BMW CCA member/E30 325/M3 guy. The CRX is just simple, light, agile, practical and is a performance car/daily driver/economy car. I liked the car the first time I drove my friend's Si back in 1990...had all the bolt ons and a bullfrog cam, DPR head i think. The car had a surging idle due to the aggressive cam and was fast for a D motor. Anyway, I think CRX's are great in every aspect with the exception of a few minor quirks.

Quick Reply: Who loves their CRX as much as I?