Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Acura Integra
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

Closed Thread

submit to reddit

Old 01-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
MilkyLep
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (1)
Default Immobilizer Bypass?

So my car was broken into mid-December, wheels, rear seats, and pillar bars stolen. In the process the thieves completely destroyed the ignition assembly along with some of the steering column. I replaced the whole steering column with one from another Integra, but not the correct year so the Immobilizer Unit is preventing the car from running. If anyone knows of a way to bypass the immobilizer so I can get it running again please let me know. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
MilkyLep
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: Immobilizer Bypass?

I'm thinking of switching the ECU with one from a 1996-1999 Acura Integra ( a P75), which do not have the immob unit/chip. Does anyone have experience with this? I'd rather not have to source an ECU but that looks like it might be my only option.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:18 PM   #3
MySelfAffliction
the pho king man
2001 Chevrolet Corvette ZO6

iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to MySelfAffliction

Go to a shop and have them fix it...Sorry but immoblizer questions SHOULD NOT be answered in here due to possible thiefs. Sorry, a shop should be able to take care of it for you.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:51 AM   #4
MilkyLep
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Thanks for posting a useless comment, anyone who can actually help please lmk, if you dont want to post it, we can use pm's.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:47 AM   #5
DJYoshaBYD
Honda-Tech Member
1989 Honda Civic

he has a point... i live in a town where people will TOW YOUR CAR to steal it... anything we can do to NOT have this happen, we need to do...

Information like this SHOULD NOT be readily available.. what if you posted something like that, and then someone did exactly that to steal someones ride, then that would just suck.. take it to a shop, or try searching online, or maybe someone here would be nice enough to maybe PM you some tips...
1986 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R (Current)/1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Turbo (SOLD)/ 1991 CRX Si (B18B, OBD1, I/H/E, SOLD)/ 1988 Civic DX Hatch (B16 swap, Gutted, SOLD)/ 2003 Ford Focus (2.3 Duratec, Lwred, Tuned, SOLD)/ 1998 Chevy Cavalier (Dumped, IHE, SOLD)
Old 01-09-2010, 08:50 AM   #6
suspendedHatch
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkyLep View Post
Thanks for posting a useless comment, anyone who can actually help please lmk, if you dont want to post it, we can use pm's.
Well that's enough attitude for me. Good luck.

In fact, lock the thread. What an a-hole.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:54 AM   #7
DJYoshaBYD
Honda-Tech Member
1989 Honda Civic

+1
1986 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R (Current)/1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Turbo (SOLD)/ 1991 CRX Si (B18B, OBD1, I/H/E, SOLD)/ 1988 Civic DX Hatch (B16 swap, Gutted, SOLD)/ 2003 Ford Focus (2.3 Duratec, Lwred, Tuned, SOLD)/ 1998 Chevy Cavalier (Dumped, IHE, SOLD)
Old 01-09-2010, 09:10 AM   #8
GagnarTheUnruly
Honda-Tech Member
1998 Acura Integra
My Garage

iTrader Rating: (3)

Yeah, no point $h!++ing on someone whose trying to help.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #9
MilkyLep
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Please Please PLEASE explain to me how saying take it to a shop is helping? And like DJ said, if someone wants your car, they will get it one way or another.

Well went ahead and purchased a p75 from a 99 with automatic transmission. My ECU uses all four slots while the 99 only uses 3 slots so needless to say it didn't work, fuel pump didnt even come on but the green key light on instrument panel was solid without key in, once the key was in and tried starting it would go away. As of now it looks like my only options are to get the DEI Immobilizer Bypass (which i'd rather avoid due to the delay of ordering the unit), get a new 2000/01 steering column with key and matching ECU, or possibly find a 2000 ECU diagram and remove the immobilizer chip in the ECU.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #10
DJYoshaBYD
Honda-Tech Member
1989 Honda Civic

no one here is going to tell you publicly.. dont you get it? its bad for other honda owners who DONT want that info out there, because it helps thieves do their job that much better..

Quote:
Please Please PLEASE explain to me how saying take it to a shop is helping?
Because a honda certified tech can reset the ecu and turn off the switch...

Quote:
And like DJ said, if someone wants your car, they will get it one way or another.
dont misconstrue what i said.. What i meant was, dont give them easier ways to take your shi+ by posting anti-anti-theft advice on here.. lol

we are NOT trying to be dicks.. just protecting all of our interests.. its the same thing with airbags.. a loose airbag, if you dont know what you are doing, can knock you clean out, and possibly kill you, if you dont reset them right when replacing an airbag.. that is why you take it to a tech that is certified..
Old 01-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #11
DJYoshaBYD
Honda-Tech Member
1989 Honda Civic

read the 7th post down.. there is a guy offering to fix this.. lol

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1471478

best i can do without you going to a honda tech.. and i dont mean here.. lol
Old 01-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #12
MilkyLep
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJYoshaBYD View Post
read the 7th post down.. there is a guy offering to fix this.. lol

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1471478

best i can do without you going to a honda tech.. and i dont mean here.. lol
Yea saw that thread when searching endlessly lol, maybe I'll try pm'ing that guy. Thanks.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #13
DJYoshaBYD
Honda-Tech Member
1989 Honda Civic

yeah.. no prob.. i hope you find the solution.. i know how big of a PITFA that can be..
Old 01-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #14
MilkyLep
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Yea already had my babies stolen (hand polished SA3R's) now I've got to deal with the other **** thieves cause, soooo much fun. Just wish I could find an ECU Circuit diagram but it looks grim :/

submit to reddit
Closed Thread

Tags
1999, 2009, 98, accord, bypass, cav, chevy, column, default, fit, ford, honda, immobilizer, prelude, reset, southwest, sterring