Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

1999 Accord water leak front driver side floor

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 07:37 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon3 1999 Accord water leak front driver side floor

1999 Honda Accord LX

About a month ago I noticed water under my floor mat on the driver side of car. Soaked it up with a towel and thought that was it. Since then every time it rains water comes up through the carpet. Enough to soak up a towel during the day. It only leaks when it rains, even if the car is parked. I pulled the plastic cover and removed the wipers to check the seal on the windshield. It all looked good. To be safe I caulked the bottom part of the windshield. Dumb thing still leaks. I looked under the car, but didn't see anything wrong. There were a couple plastic plugs that are on the frame, where you would place the floor jack to lift the car. I pulled one of those and some water came rushing out. That didn't help either. It still leaks. I NEED SOME ADVICE FROM ANYONE. My car does have a sunroof, but it all looks good to me. I don't know. HELP
Old 05-08-2009, 03:48 PM
New User

Default Re: 1999 Accord water leak front driver side floor

Dude, I have the Same problem. I can't help you b/c i don't know where mine is coming from either but it is most definitely the same problem. I just posted a thread her: http://www.hondaaccordforum.com/foru...602#post170602 in case you didn't get yours fixed yet. If you can help me out please do
Old 05-08-2009, 04:02 PM
New User

FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER SITE: try taking out the inner guard and checking the bungs in the rear of the firewall - use to work for honda new zealand and that was a common problem
Old 05-08-2009, 09:46 PM
New User

I just payed the Honda dealer $49 to blow out my sunroof drains. I still have water on the driver side floor board when it rained again. I was able to get the schematic to where the drains are. In the front the drain is on the lower side panel by the brake. I think I will give it a try now. Dang water leak.......
Old 05-10-2009, 07:07 PM
New User

dude, i totally got this worked out. for me, the problem was that the drain for the sunroof (which is a hose) was not connected to it's proper exit from the vehicle. The hose was clear plastic and it connected to a rubber tube that ran front>back (of car) at the firewall. What i did was pour some water into the sunroof and see where it came out, and eventually i realized that the hose was draining water into the car. It's unbelievable how much water actually gets in from the sunroof! Jesus peace, Solus Christus, Soli Deo Gloria
Old 05-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You sure?
Old 05-11-2009, 09:27 AM
New User

What the crap yes i'm sure.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:30 AM
New User

By the way i only poured water into the driver side of the sunroof, and i had the sunroof open when i did it (easier that way). You can clearly see the drains on either side of the front of the sunroof when it is open: they are little holes that let the water out.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Trial User

Icon2 Re: 1999 Accord water leak front driver side floor

Originally Posted by jwhofm
I just payed the Honda dealer $49 to blow out my sunroof drains. I still have water on the driver side floor board when it rained again. I was able to get the schematic to where the drains are. In the front the drain is on the lower side panel by the brake. I think I will give it a try now. Dang water leak.......
Where can we find the scematic? Where are the drains in relation to the footrest?
Will I see them if the carpet is up or do I have to go at them from underneath the car.

After finding an inch of water on the driver's side, I had my '02 Accord's moonroof drains cleaned (paid honda $111), pulled up the carpet (but couldn't remove the foot rest so that area is still wet, nearly saturated.) vacuumed out the water and dried the area . After a few rainstorms the floor is dry, still a bit humid but the area by the footrest is very wet. Any suggestions?
Old 04-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by bryanhege
dude, i totally got this worked out. for me, the problem was that the drain for the sunroof (which is a hose) was not connected to it's proper exit from the vehicle. The hose was clear plastic and it connected to a rubber tube that ran front>back (of car) at the firewall. What i did was pour some water into the sunroof and see where it came out, and eventually i realized that the hose was draining water into the car. It's unbelievable how much water actually gets in from the sunroof! Jesus peace, Solus Christus, Soli Deo Gloria
I have a Honda Accord 2002 and I have the same issues (Sunroof tube draining inside the car). Can you please explain how your fixed it. How you connected the tube to the proper exit. I don't have experience in fixing things. Please be as detailed as possible. Thanks in advance for the help.

Thanks
Anand.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:40 AM
Trial User

I have the same problem with Honda accord 2001 please explain how did u connect the drain to correct exit thanx
Old 01-04-2014, 07:11 AM
Trial User

I have a 2006 Honda pilot with the same problem. Can anyone help me fix this drain issue?
Old 07-02-2014, 09:07 AM
Trial User

2000 Sedan v6 sunroof leak
pulled carpet, long-process but necessary imho, anyway under the dashboard in front of the drivers seat - may need to take out the seat - I found a clear plastic tube ~1/2"OD AND a black flexible rubber hose. The black hose appears to to through the firewall. The 1/2"OD tube has an angle cut to the end. Only made sense.....the clear hose connects to the black flexible hose - clear inserts into black - connects the sunroof drain. Probably did not need to remove carpet to locate but my car had quite an scent (think Pepe Le Pew from the loony toon cartoons). trying to locate a drain on the front right side of passenger compartment with no luck so far. Anyone help direct me?
Old 07-04-2014, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gjbrennan
trying to locate a drain on the front right side of passenger compartment with no luck so far. Anyone help direct me?

Try this: https://honda-tech.com/forums/showth...hlight=sunroof
Old 12-28-2014, 01:27 PM
Trial User

1999 Honda Accord LX

About a month ago I noticed water under my floor mat on the driver side of car. Soaked it up with a towel and thought that was it. Since then every time it rains water comes up through the carpet. Enough to soak up a towel during the day. It only leaks when it rains, even if the car is parked. I pulled the plastic cover and removed the wipers to check the seal on the windshield. It all looked good. To be safe I caulked the bottom part of the windshield. Dumb thing still leaks. I looked under the car, but didn't see anything wrong. There were a couple plastic plugs that are on the frame, where you would place the floor jack to lift the car. I pulled one of those and some water came rushing out. That didn't help either. It still leaks. I NEED SOME ADVICE FROM ANYONE. My car does have a sunroof, but it all looks good to me. I don't know. HELP
what you need to do is get a small tube that will fit in your sunroof drain hole, they are located at the front there is one on each side, there are also 2 at the back, but since you are leaking in the front pour some water
through a small tube into the sunroof drain hole and you should see water come out just above the mud flaps behind the tire, if you don't then you have either a clogged drain tube or your tube has a hole in it and the water is pouring back into your car.
Old 02-26-2021, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1999 Honda Accord LX

hey I'm having same identical problem with my honda.. So" has anyone gave you any possible solutions.. please send me a message and share that with me because I'm broke in debt and having to figure this out all my own. Thank you so much