Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Civic/Del Sol (1992 - 2000)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 02-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
MysticalMagnet
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to MysticalMagnet
Default d15b7 vacuum hoses

I have the d15b7 engine and Im trying to figure out where one of the hoses goes. I looked at an engine in the junk yard and saw that the hose circled in the picture goes to the back of the head of the engine. My only trouble is that there is already a hose there. So if anyone knows where it runs that would be great
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
MysticalMagnet
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: d15b7 vacuum hoses

bump
Old 02-24-2009, 12:18 PM   #3
94EG8
Honda-Tech gave me this lousy title
Garage is empty, add now

That hoes goes to the second tube of that metal double tube piece currently connected to the intake piping and valve cover (its also not the correct one for a D15B7) The hose isn't a vacuum line btw, coolant runs through it. The other piece that should be connected to the other end of that short pipe goes to a nipple of the water running across the back of the block between the thermostate housing and water pump IIRC. One final note, that open nipple on your throttle body is for the vacuum line coming from your MAP sensor, I wasn't sure if you were aware it was disconnected or not.

Per ardua ad astra

My F/S thread -> http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2900962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightsport View Post
Hello,

This is Knightsport, from the internet. I will be out of the internet from June 2 and returning on June 11th. In my absence I suggest you pray as there can be only one Knightsport from the internet.

Thank you and God Bless,

-Knightsport
94EG8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
MysticalMagnet
Garage is empty, add now

yea i got the map sensor hooked up and I got a different piece for the coolant line Ill get a picture then of what it looks like now. Anyway the port that it runs too is below a larger hose at the back of the block? I think thats correct but they are both hooked up and running to other places so i dont know what to do with it
Old 02-25-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
MysticalMagnet
Garage is empty, add now

Ok pictures are below

First picture - The hose circled is where I think its supposed to run but there is already another hose there

Second picture - Circled is where the hose that is already hooked up to runs to the back of the intake manifold.
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
MysticalMagnet
Garage is empty, add now

bump
Old 02-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #7
94EG8
Honda-Tech gave me this lousy title
Garage is empty, add now

First pic shows the correct routing of the hose in the first pic, it goes from the back of the intake manifold to the metal tubing.

Click the image to open in full size.

Second pic shows the second part of the hose after the metal tubing. Both ends are marked with red arrows.

Click the image to open in full size.

Both pics are of a JDM D15B Vtec, the hose routing is identical in both cases though. Your last pic is of the purge solenoid, which should be setup as follows: vacuum line from back of IM to purge solenoid (short line only 4 - 5 inches long. And from the purge solenoid to the charcoal canister on the firewall.

Per ardua ad astra

My F/S thread -> http://hondamarketplace.com/showthread.php?t=2900962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightsport View Post
Hello,

This is Knightsport, from the internet. I will be out of the internet from June 2 and returning on June 11th. In my absence I suggest you pray as there can be only one Knightsport from the internet.

Thank you and God Bless,

-Knightsport
94EG8 is offline   Reply With Quote

submit to reddit

Tags
01, accord, body, civic, cover, d15b, honda, hose, hoses, routing, runs, throttle, vacuum, valve, vtec