Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Accord (1990 - 2002)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 06-17-2008, 07:13 AM   #1
sl0wED
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Blinking D4 Light

All,

I have a dilemma I was hoping you guys can help me on. First off, I have a 1997 Honda Accord EX Sedan (Auto). I started my car yesterday and noticed I had a check engine light. I was planning to bring it into the shop, but the more I drove around I noticed my cluster was showing a blinking green light around the D4 on my gauge cluster. I was driving in D4, but when I shifted to D3, the D3 would light green around it. But the D4 was still blinking green.

Has anyone encountered this? Is my transmission possibly going bad? That sucks... I've already spent way too much money just to bring this car into driving condition! *SIGH*

I have the car in the shop, but I am just getting ansi on what it may be. Thanks for any quick info.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:09 PM   #2
310Integra
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to 310Integra
Default Re: Blinking D4 Light (sl0wED)

It's tranny related, when I had mine do that it was the shifting solenoid gone bad, and my torque converter was broken too.. but like i said its tranny related some sensor is out or bad, a transmission shop can diagnose/pin point your problem,
310Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:20 PM   #3
Mr Yamada
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: Blinking D4 Light (sl0wED)

You can jumper the service connector and turn on the key to get the flash code.
No need to pay a shop for such a simple operation.
BTW is the speedo operational?

submit to reddit

Tags
1992, 2000, accord, acura, auto, blinking, civic, d4, flashing, green, honda, light, problem, shifting, solenoid, tl, transmission