Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

A/T Shift Release - please help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/T Shift Release - please help!

I have a 1993 Prelude Si that I swapped a JDM H22a into. Ever since I have had the car the shift release for the shifter does not work (supposed to unlock when the brake is applied to shift gears). The car was an auto before I swapped the auto into so that cant be the issue. I have tried 2 different brake switches (this screws into place on the actual brake pedal assembly) and 3 different release solenoids (this is mounted on the shifter assembly. Nothing works. The odd thing is that the brake lights work fine. It is my understanding that the brake switch is responsible for both the shift release AND the brake lights but I may be mistaken.

If no one has a direct answer, could someone take a volt meter to their shift release electrical socket and press the brake and tell me what the voltage should be?

Also, if anyone knows if a relay is responsible for any of this, the location of it would be most helpful.

Ive been sifting through pages upon pages of electrical diagrams and the like to try and find whats wrong with no luck. It is absolutely anoying that something so small can go unfixed for so long!

Please PLEASE someone help me out!

Old 06-14-2008, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A/T Shift Release - please help! (5SpdH22)

Sorry for the late reply. that seems to be for a different car as my release is on the right side on my car but the mechanics of it all should help me find the problem with time. Car is parked at my parents house which is about an hour away so I dont work on it all the time especially with gas being as rediculous as it is.

Interlock control unit is located above
driver's side kick panel and contains a Gray 8-pin electrical
connector.

does this have a relay or any other type of thing that if malfunctioning would lead to the problem **** a fuse? I went through all the fuses and they all seem good. I seem to remember there being a plug under the dash that was missing what would seem to be a relay but I took that as a diagnostic plug or something.