Notices
Lighting HID/Xenon kits, Retrofits and Associated Topics

Depot fog lights- switch trouble?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Depot fog lights- switch trouble?

I have the Depot fog light kit installed on my EJ8. It worked fine for about 5 months, then the lights stopped working. Now, this is kind of strange so read all of this before replying-

When the switch is depressed, it lights up (the switch) and the relay clicks. But no lights. I have checked the grounds and power cable, all check out. I have even put a multimeter to the outputs for the lights in the bumper, and they get 12v when the switch is on. I hot-wired the lights to check that they were good, and both lit up with power direct from the battery.

Once I was messing around trying to figure out the problem, I got the lights to turn on twice by jiggling the switch connector wires behind the kick plate, but they haven't worked since...

Am I missing something stupid here? I mean, if the lights are getting 12v, how come they're not, you know, lighting up?! Any help is greatly appreciated because I'm at my wits end with these things. Thanks.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Depot fog lights- switch trouble? (ttk3)

I know for the Depo wiring harness, the relay is in the engine bay. Did you secure your relay or is it just dangling loose somewhere?

I left mine loose and it ended up in the motor mounts, where it got torn apart and eventually shorted after getting in contact with metal. Put a new one in, secure it, and it works.

You also didn't mention anything about the fuse. Check the fuse, it is also located in the engine bay.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Depot fog lights- switch trouble? (White95SiHB)

I did check the fuse, it was ok.
The relay was secured and 'clicks' when the switch is depressed. I don't know if the click signifies that it is working correctly, but when I checked the outputs for the lights with a multimeter, they both got 12v...

Is there a way to hot-wire around the switch? Really, I think that is where the problem lies but I'm unsure of the wiring situation of the switch...