Notices

elephant manifold request

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default elephant manifold request

i have seen a few threads somewhere on making an elephant topmount turbo manifold with a stock upper manifold.

i have searched alot but i cant find any pics.

can someone drop a few pics or links? Thanks alot.
Old 01-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: elephant manifold request (md88hfcrx)

I was working on this while they were machining my block, kinda stopped to finish the block. My goal was to make an AC-compatable kit as cheap as possible, while not using **** parts like SSAuto. There's never really been a kit offered that was complete bolt-on, and I plan to sell it each time I complete a better kit w/a tune & offer tuning if they are close by. All I need to do is add in the oil line, fab up a DP, add in the WG, and charge pipes.

So far it will fit between the head and AC lines fine (95 Civic EX) with just a slim fan for the condenser. Since I have no PS, I'll also have room for an air filter I plan on having this and 3-4 other manifolds ceramic coated locally all at once to save cash. I plan on doing this mainly for d16's with ac using the d16z6 mani, but I might also use my bro's b16a2 eg w/o him knowing.

2" pipe fittings FTW

Old 01-14-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: elephant manifold request (HiProfile)

heres a top mount i made from a cheap ebay header, was really easy to make.

Old 01-14-2007, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
</TD></TR></TABLE>

This really just took ghetto to new heights!
Old 01-15-2007, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

2" pipe fittings FTW

</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL , thats good man..
Old 01-15-2007, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: elephant manifold request (golf198)

i like how the compressor basicaly sleeps on the exhaust manifold

it will keep it warm if it gets lonely
Old 01-15-2007, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: elephant manifold request (SequenceGarage)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SequenceGarage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i like how the compressor basicaly sleeps on the exhaust manifold

it will keep it warm if it gets lonely </TD></TR></TABLE>

*note he said he was going to ceramic coat it
Old 01-15-2007, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: elephant manifold request (Running925)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Running925 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

*note he said he was going to ceramic coat it</TD></TR></TABLE>
not going to help as much as he thinks... I had all my stuf ceramic coated and if you touch it your screwed you will burn the **** out of yourself... Headerwraps work very good...
Old 01-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: elephant manifold request (Quickgti1.8t)

hahahaha you guys are killing me!
Old 01-15-2007, 03:21 PM
GDD Lonely Krew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

headerwraps also hold in moisture. rust ftmfw.......
Old 01-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (the_unknown)

Hey, can I really complain when I have $3 for the 'runner' (2" pipe), $5 for the elbows, $free for the header, and ~$12 for the flange? That will be under $50 for an AC-compatable manifold & downpipe. That's 1/10th the cost of what a local guy charges for log+dp+dump tube. I have an ac-compatable HF setup w/3" dp I plan on compairing it to, except this is planed for a 2.5" DP. I might get fancy with 3" pie cuts, as I can get that piping dirt cheap.

The other thing I have is 0.75" ceramic insulation (only glows when you put a torch to it!), and a sheet of stainless, so it won't be that bad when all sandwiched. While moisture will make it rust, a good beating will put the metal above 500 degrees, and that's enough to cook out any moisture. As for the ceramic coating, well I know the cheap stuff (Black Satin) I have cuts surface temps from 650 to 450, but its mainly radiant heat that's the issue - which is what ceramic coatings reflect the most. Surface temps heat the air, but radiant heat cooks the components directly. Think of the broiler function of your oven.

Basicly I wanted to make a temporary AC-compatable mani that costs less than a good BJ. Then sell & repeat, or mabe trade it to a chick for a good BJ. I already have the TIG wired up and SS elbows in hand for better versions. Overall, I have enough parts now to make ~4 complete HMT kits.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (the_unknown)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by the_unknown &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">headerwraps also hold in moisture. rust ftmfw.......</TD></TR></TABLE>
Never had problems with my header wrapped. and i drive in a rain alot, zero rust.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:04 AM
DaX
Honda-Tech Member

Received 662 Likes on 524 Posts

Elephant manifold, haha, that's great. HMT FTW!!
Old 01-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: elephant manifold request (SequenceGarage)

haha, too damn funny I love smart @$$ honda-tech(ians) too cute
Old 01-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: elephant manifold request (Reyke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Reyke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha, too damn funny I love smart @$$ honda-tech(nicians) too cute</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know what's scarier....that someone constructed that, or that they're actually PROUD of it
Old 01-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: elephant manifold request (C_Rock77)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by C_Rock77 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I don't know what's scarier....that someone constructed that, or that they're actually PROUD of it </TD></TR></TABLE>
agreed
Old 01-17-2007, 08:18 PM
The Boot

Default Re: elephant manifold request (DannyK9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DannyK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">heres a top mount i made from a cheap ebay header, was really easy to make.

</TD></TR></TABLE>more pics
Old 01-18-2007, 07:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: elephant manifold request (Smokinsax)

does it work?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DannyK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">heres a top mount i made from a cheap ebay header, was really easy to make.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

THIS one, on the other hand, LOOKS like a pretty cleanly fabbed piece. I'm not sure how well it will hold up under the weight of the turbo....but it looks like a pretty cleanly fabbed piece. Pretty ingenuitive
Old 01-18-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Re: elephant manifold request (C_Rock77)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by C_Rock77 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

THIS one, on the other hand, LOOKS like a pretty cleanly fabbed piece. I'm not sure how well it will hold up under the weight of the turbo....but it looks like a pretty cleanly fabbed piece. Pretty ingenuitive </TD></TR></TABLE>

held up fine under the weight of my turbo.. as requested more pics

Old 01-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DannyK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

held up fine under the weight of my turbo.. as requested more pics

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i like that. thats what i plan on making. did you use the merge off the original header?
Old 01-20-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: elephant manifold request (md88hfcrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by md88hfcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i like that. thats what i plan on making. did you use the merge off the original header? </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes i did, i just cut and welded two 45* elbows and then rewelded the two-to-one collector. took me less than a hour to make it.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that first manifold is so freaken ghetto...
Old 01-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: elephant manifold request (k_motor)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by k_motor &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that first manifold is so freaken ghetto... </TD></TR></TABLE>

K_motor, remember that block? Thats the one you sold me with the spun bearing. Punched a hole in the block after 50 miles of usage.

I'd have sprung for a better manifold & stainless sch10 fittings for the first elepahnt 'test' manifold, but I had to spend the money on another block.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

K_motor, remember that block? Thats the one you sold me with the spun bearing. Punched a hole in the block after 50 miles of usage.

I'd have sprung for a better manifold & stainless sch10 fittings for the first elepahnt 'test' manifold, but I had to spend the money on another block. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i never sold you that block..my brother sold it to you...plus it never spun a bearing..but w/e works..

Quick Reply: elephant manifold request