Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Ksport or D2 coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Noob4life)

how low do the d2's go and the k-sport..just curious
Old 09-20-2005, 10:45 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ksport or D2 coilovers (SHREK3D)

Any complaints about D2's?
Old 09-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ksport or D2 coilovers (WhoisDan)

I have the kports on my EK hatch and I love them with the custom springs rates F=11k and rear=9k great on the track and good for the street with the dampening on a low setting, the D2's and Ksports are comparable the the over rated Tein Flex
Old 09-21-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: (ek9800)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek9800 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Damn if 7k/5k is stiff, i wonder how my 10k/12k set-up is gonna do </TD></TR></TABLE>

To be honest... probably the same, or damn close. I believe the WRX use MacPherson struts so the motion ratios are different than your car(~0.9 vs ~0.7). As such, the wheel rates are probably pretty damn close between the two car setups.

I've got 440lb/400lb springs on my Celica which is roughly the equivalent of putting 11kg springs on a Civic. It's pretty damn stiff, but not enough to knock any fillings loose.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mike C)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mike C &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hrm a taiwanese mass-produced cheap coilover versus a taiwanese mass-produced cheap coilover. you tell me </TD></TR></TABLE>

ditto...and i say neither.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:20 AM

I got my Ksports on yesterday and the ride is kick ***. Blows my friends GC and koni setup out of the water. Ksport
Old 09-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ksport or D2 coilovers (WhoisDan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WhoisDan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Any complaints about D2's?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ive found my car has a hell load less droop (only 2" or so from ride height) with the factory preload and the shocks close to as short as they will go.

Im hoping to get more droop when i swap from 16 front springs to 11 (not to stiff tbh just feel this may be more sensible for road and im experiencing a little push on understeer) as the softer spring will mean to get the same ride height ill automatically be lengthening the shocks.

If that doesnt provide good enough results im looking into helper springs so i can lengthen the shock a good 1.5", get 2" wheel droop from the moition ratios and let the spring 'dislocate' at full droop to get the desired static ride height.

Testing is the word with so much adjustablilty, i am a little dissapointed with teh dyno results of D2 but you cant expect much adjustment range with spindly top adjustors
Old 09-27-2005, 11:35 AM

Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

what prices did you guys get the Ksports and the D2's for?
Old 09-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (County)

I've had my ksports since july in my 91 hatch. A little stiff for my taste in street driving but I am super happy with them. Only down side is I accidentlaly tossed the adjustment tools for the dampening :-(

I think I paid about $600ish for them shipped. Installed them myself in 2 hours.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:45 PM
95GSRTT

Default Re: (JDMlyfestyle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMlyfestyle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got my Ksports on yesterday and the ride is kick ***. Blows my friends GC and koni setup out of the water. Ksport </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have a VERY VERY hard time believing that
Old 09-27-2005, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (95GSRTT)

my Ksports are way better on my EK also if you have a custom set up to your needs you cant beat em' my freind has a eg with the koni setup and is cool, but just not as good to me, you cant compare to a short stroke setup like the coilovers, with no suspension travel loss when you slam it
Old 09-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (stealth_EK4)

Hey bro, if you need some more adjustment tools just let me know. I am sure I got a few laying around the shop.

"95GSRTT" Well believe it, when the Ksports or any coilover is matched to exactly what the customer wants your going to get great results Period. "JDMlyfestyle" runs one of our Ksport setups.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BodyKits NW)

Very happy with my Ksports using 9/fr and 11/rear rates. This is on a 2g FWD DSM going from Eibach Pro-Kits and AGX shocks. Car feels much stiffer, but not harsh by any means, and ZERO body roll. I still need to play with the adjustments a tad, but overall I'm very happy.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DSMu4ia)

Tony, told you'd like em. BTW it's the other way around, 11 front 9 rear. I don't think it was the other way around, but it's been awhile since you ordered em.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:28 AM

im using 12/9 spring rates with my D2 for my EK sedan..

not bad, for the money i paid 890 NZD. its worth it,

but they have some suck *** points, the damper adjustment **** is stupid, the **** turns, and turns, no clicks to tell you where you have it.

the hardware it comes with is usless, c-spanners are absolutely good for F-all. i had to machine up bigger spanners.

the finish of the unit, isnt hard wearing, ive had my D2 in for about 2,000kms, and adjusted them about 3 times, and theyre all scratched and chipped to buggery.

all in all though, beats my past two suspension setsups hands down, Koni and G.C, and Tokico and Skunk2 setups.

definately BANG FOR BUCK, but remember your not getting teins for the money you pay....

K-sport is similar **** to D2, my mate has them in his silivia, roughly same design, adjustment ***** are better, they click..!!! but same ****, different case.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (blazed_racer)

How do you adjust these coilovers? What would be a better handling setup? KYB GR2 struts with Tein springs or Ksport coilovers?
Old 12-28-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Ksport or D2 coilovers (SHREK3D)

i got k sports on my accord for a couple weeks, i cant really tell you guys wut i think yet cause i need new tires, my tires have about 20% tred but i still drive it aggressive and it hugs turns really nicely, but for some reason when i switch frmo soft to hard, i cant really tell a difference, but overall i give a to Ksports
Old 12-28-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: (95GSRTT)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95GSRTT &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a VERY VERY hard time believing that</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have a hard time beliving you, if you compare ksports with no other suspension mods to gc/yellow with no mods ksports will blow it out of the water. i personally woiuld pick full bodied coilovers over sleeveover/koni combo. BodykitsNW are selling ksports at a awesome price with available custom spring rates to fit your driving needs. but dont get me wrong gc/yellow combo is really good for most to all cars i still give that combo a

-Jonny
Old 12-29-2005, 12:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

can anyone supply me 3 damper control keys and circle things?

my set only came with 1!
Old 12-29-2005, 06:55 AM

Default Re: (mmhmm)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mmhmm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i have a hard time beliving you, if you compare ksports with no other suspension mods to gc/yellow with no mods ksports will blow it out of the water. i personally woiuld pick full bodied coilovers over sleeveover/koni combo. BodykitsNW are selling ksports at a awesome price with available custom spring rates to fit your driving needs. but dont get me wrong gc/yellow combo is really good for most to all cars i still give that combo a

-Jonny</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why?
Old 12-29-2005, 08:29 AM

Default Re: (CelicaGTV6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CelicaGTV6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why?</TD></TR></TABLE>

because i said so. haha jk....dude your from Santa Barbara?! thats so rad im actually moving there for college in like 3 weeks, the 21st i think. ima be living in IV. its gonna be sick.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mmhmm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">because i said so. haha jk....dude your from Santa Barbara?! thats so rad im actually moving there for college in like 3 weeks, the 21st i think. ima be living in IV. its gonna be sick.</TD></TR></TABLE>

do you have any answer for his question? i'm curious to hear your reasoning.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mmhmm &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you compare ksports with no other suspension mods to gc/yellow with no mods ksports will blow it out of the water.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Based on what? What tests have you done that can prove these resutls?
Old 12-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (nonsense)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nonsense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Based on what? What tests have you done that can prove these resutls? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Acually he is a customer of mine. I don't think GC/Koni is bad. I have actually owned that setup. I own several cars, and one of them includes a 1996 Honda Accord Sedan. That is the same car he has. So basically I have tested many different combinations on my car as well as different tires and wheel combinations. For street use many coilovers out there can be had and offer great ride quality, but it is hard to say when people do not know EXACTLY how the car is going to react with what spring rate. That is why you see post about, hey what GC spring rate should I go with. Well then you get a hundered of opinions and you sometimes end up getting something you don't want. Owning several cars and having access to many other chassis help me customize a setup to my customers needs a lot easier. Most has to do with ride quality, and what not. But the fact still remains, he owns a car that I own, and I know the car well. I know it well enough I know what to recommend when it comes to the prodcuts I personally have to offer. I can't speak for other companies, and like I said, a lot of companies out there make a excellent product. But the key to having the ride quality you want for many on honda-tech is to know how the car is going to work. I am forunate enough I am in a business that gives me access to many cars, and cars with different setups. I love putting the hours in to find out what works. That is the only way to really know a product, and improve my skills as a driver.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: (nonsense)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nonsense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Based on what? What tests have you done that can prove these resutls? </TD></TR></TABLE>

i use to have gc-yellows on my old integra wne i was 16. now i drive a 96 accord jsut like Andy here ^^^^^^^^^ with k sports. maybe its cause he gave me custom spring rates oppose to the gc-yellow set-up i had on my old itnegra with the spring rates they already gave me. my accord drives/handles/and steers better than my integra with koni/gc combo. my 2 cents. this is a thread abotu d2s vs ksport, not sleeveover/strut vs. Full bodied coilovers. i apologize if i steered away frmo the main subject, if i did.

-Jonny

Quick Reply: Ksport or D2 coilovers