Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Technical Forums > Audio / Security / Video
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 06-01-2005, 06:03 PM   #1
onevim
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Removing 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Factory Installed Car Stereo???

Hello everyone,

I've been looking everywhere for a good resource on how to remove a factory installed car stereo for the 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid, but with no luck. I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks!
onevim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 07:46 PM   #2
fcm
Old Fart
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: Removing 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Factory Installed Car Stereo??? (onevim)

Remove trim panel that lighter is mounted on, [it pops out] it's held in with,"the trim panel clips from hell" so it may be hard to do, after removing you can look/feel up there an find and remove 4x8mm machine screws, this will allow you to remove the radio and climate control housing, also held in with "the clips from hell. Avoid the temptation to stick a screwdriver in around the edge of the housing, you will only mark it all up, once you have remover the 8mm screws you can put enough pressure from behind, [be careful some of the metal edges back there are sharp] to start popping it out, enough to get your fingers in around the edge of the housing, try and pull it out as square as possible, to much on one side or the other or top or bottom will only bind the housing and you can do damage to the the "clips" or the slots the "clips" clip into. Click the image to open in full size. go to http://www.installdr.com and bring up the 99/00 Civic, its not the same but close enough to help, go right to step 9 as you will not have to remove all that other stuff in your car. Hope this helps Click the image to open in full size. 94
Old 06-03-2005, 11:24 AM   #3
onevim
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: Removing 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Factory Installed Car Stereo??? (fcm)

Thanks for the help. Quick question though: Where are these "trim panel clips from hell" located...the ones that i need to remove the cigarrette lighter trim panel. thanks again!
onevim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 02:23 PM   #4
fcm
Old Fart
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: Removing 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid Factory Installed Car Stereo??? (onevim)

They are the ones that hold the trim panel on, I think there are 6 of them, two on the top of the T/P and two on each side of the T/P, they are attached to the trim panel, the panel will "unclip" if you pull it hard enough, if it's the same as on a Civic Click the image to open in full size. 94

submit to reddit

Tags
2003, 2005, car, civic, factory, honda, hybrid, installed, panel, radio, removal, remove, removing, stereo, trim