DB Squad.....for the Teggers with 2 extra doors

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 05:46 PM
RESIDENT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: DB Squad.....for the Teggers with 2 extra doors

Originally Posted by DBiNfEcTeD*
Looks good dude. Less is more.
Lol... Trust me homie. My statement was made not because of you but a quick observation of pics whether a build, shows, and car meets. I would say about close to 50% of them have a K-swap or are waiting on one with an empty engine bay. You know I gots love for you Scott (no homo)
Oh man, I was hoping it was full homo. I understand I could have built the R motor and made decent power for the price of doing the K swap, but if I ever pop the K I'll rebuild it and make 300whp.

Originally Posted by Certified Honda
its like saying folks with a sohc going dohc (90%? haha), you can rock what you got, or its time for an upgrade. something bigger and better.

we getting old, gotta switch gears and take it to another level, or i'll just be another 4dr with a b series lol
btw its monday, you install that chiney chit yet?
^^^
Old 04-14-2014, 05:48 PM
RESIDENT

Btw, someone pick up this trunk mat. I would rather one of the Db brotheren get it then some random person.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

its like saying folks with a sohc going dohc (90%? haha), you can rock what you got, or its time for an upgrade. something bigger and better.

we getting old, gotta switch gears and take it to another level, or i'll just be another 4dr with a b series lol

Orale..lol. Sup Khoa. Glad you chimed in since you have experience too owning a K-swap for a cool minute, but

1) Don't give me the folks with Sohc going Dohc excuse. i was waiting for this response. No comparison. Invalid. 2 cams are always better than 1. Last time I checked K-series are Dohc. Lol.

2) Time for upgrading.. I totally understand this aspect as far as making more hp. We know k-series is pretty much superior to a B numbers wise. But let's be honest. Most Kseries swapped vehicles are salvage titled, even some ITR's.

3) We getting older and take it to another level.... Guaranteed we're getting older as most of us DB owners are in our late 20's mid 30's. But "taking it to another level" is in the eye of the beholder. It can range from suspension overhaul, a paint job, new set of high priced wheels, engine build or even a motor swap. Perhaps a combination of any two or all of thee above. But in the end, who (as a car enthusiast) are you trying to please? Yourself? Or others?... Some have a K-swap I feel just to get kudos. Nothing more.

4) I'll be another 4dr with a b-series... I guess if that's your mentality. No rebuttal here.

5) yes, chiney chit is on.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:42 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

sup wid video of chiney chit tho
Old 04-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey guys, I could really use your help. I just purchase the jdm itr momo steering wheel and just realizing its a ctr steering wheel and it won't bolt on. Now here is my question, I have two options, I hear you can either swap hubs from the jdm itr momo steering wheel or use your stock integra steering wheel and swap it? Is this true? I dont want to sell my ctr steering wheel because its beyond mint let me know everyone. Thanks

AMLS
Old 04-14-2014, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AMLS4dr200whp
hey guys, I could really use your help. I just purchase the jdm itr momo steering wheel and just realizing its a ctr steering wheel and it won't bolt on. Now here is my question, I have two options, I hear you can either swap hubs from the jdm itr momo steering wheel or use your stock integra steering wheel and swap it? Is this true? I dont want to sell my ctr steering wheel because its beyond mint let me know everyone. Thanks

AMLS
i swapped hubs with the ctr.

Orale..lol. Sup Khoa. Glad you chimed in since you have experience too owning a K-swap for a cool minute, but

1) Don't give me the folks with Sohc going Dohc excuse. i was waiting for this response. No comparison. Invalid. 2 cams are always better than 1. Last time I checked K-series are Dohc. Lol.

2) Time for upgrading.. I totally understand this aspect as far as making more hp. We know k-series is pretty much superior to a B numbers wise. But let's be honest. Most Kseries swapped vehicles are salvage titled, even some ITR's.

3) We getting older and take it to another level.... Guaranteed we're getting older as most of us DB owners are in our late 20's mid 30's. But "taking it to another level" is in the eye of the beholder. It can range from suspension overhaul, a paint job, new set of high priced wheels, engine build or even a motor swap. Perhaps a combination of any two or all of thee above. But in the end, who (as a car enthusiast) are you trying to please? Yourself? Or others?... Some have a K-swap I feel just to get kudos. Nothing more.

4) I'll be another 4dr with a b-series... I guess if that's your mentality. No rebuttal here.

whoa whoa whoa, had to break it down in categories.

what i was getting at is, folks with a d series will eventually upgrade to a b series, folks with a b-series will want a k series. you keep climbing up. whether its stiffer, faster, stronger, better?

u just make it sound like its a bad thing to go K, gotta keep up with the times old buc!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what i was getting at is, folks with a d series will eventually upgrade to a b series, folks with a b-series will want a k series. you keep climbing up. whether its stiffer, faster, stronger, better?

u just make it sound like its a bad thing to go K, gotta keep up with the times old buc!
Nothing wrong with going K ... It's a whole different experience... and a pleasant one I might add. I just cant convince myself to agree with the way the engine sits inside our bay, having to deal with the shifter console area after the swap, and all the custom parts that might not be easy to obtain at a moments notice. You cant just order an axle for it anywhere, in the event something goes wrong with it....

Maybe if this was 10 years ago, I wouldn't be so opposed to the whole idea of going K. Dont get me wrong, I have nothing but love for those who go K and I can understand why you do. Ah fu*K it, I'll just admit it... I'm getting old.

Fugg all that.... I'll keep up with the times in another way...

Recently picked this up after my Chrysler 300 had a date with a drunk driver, while parked on the street. Now I once again have too many cars...
Old 04-14-2014, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

...2) Time for upgrading.. I totally understand this aspect as far as making more hp. We know k-series is pretty much superior to a B numbers wise. But let's be honest. Most Kseries swapped vehicles are salvage titled, even some ITR's.

Well, I think I'd prefer cutting up a salvaged title shell to swap a K into it...most of the time (in SoCal) you'll pick up the shell completely stripped anyways, which cuts the whole swap time in half AT LEAST. Not to mention, less clutter laying around the garage from removed parts. =]

Co-Sign....

Right behind you... [No Homo]

You know.... I've always wanted to rock a BLINGed out grill...so whenever I smiled...
Old 04-15-2014, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by AMLS4dr200whp
thats really clean. Mines look just as similar with maybe a little fade.
yea too bad I have to tell them but its ok on to bigger and better things soon
Old 04-15-2014, 08:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have missed lots of things in here

clean set of rears CF_EM1!

On another note, I drove my db for the last time. Engine is done and it has bad rod knock. I plan to part it in a month or so. LMK if anyone need parts from it 99 LS. I will need a couple of things to complete my long time project but that will be it
Old 04-15-2014, 08:30 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by ejwan

On another note, I drove my db for the last time. Engine is done and it has bad rod knock. I plan to part it in a month or so. LMK if anyone need parts from it 99 LS. I will need a couple of things to complete my long time project but that will be it
What color is it? And also, I'm willing to buy the AC condenser lol.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Pm'ed bud.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:22 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Question for y'all. Noticed my door light on the cluster comes on and found out which door it is. Apparently my passenger side is loose or isn't making a connection? It closes and locks fine. I have to pull the door inwards towards the interior and the light will then turn off, but if I leave it, light comes back on.

Is there somewhere that I have to tighten or clean?
Old 04-15-2014, 10:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Lasty K
Question for y'all. Noticed my door light on the cluster comes on and found out which door it is. Apparently my passenger side is loose or isn't making a connection? It closes and locks fine. I have to pull the door inwards towards the interior and the light will then turn off, but if I leave it, light comes back on.

Is there somewhere that I have to tighten or clean?
Open the door and look at the door jam... Should be a black rubber nubbin sticking out from the body....see if the screw is loose or if its missing.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:21 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by EnjoyTheRideDC2
Open the door and look at the door jam... Should be a black rubber nubbin sticking out from the body....see if the screw is loose or if its missing.
Word, I'll check it out tomorrow. Thanks for helping me out so far with the info man. I'm sure I'll have more questions down the road lol. I really appreciate it.

Also, used Blue Magic headlight cleaner, made such a night and day difference with light output. Looks 1000x better with clear headlight lenses now too, I'm pretty happy with the outcome lol.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

post pix. i need the moldings for the roof, front windshield and back.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^ nothing special all stock abp
Old 04-16-2014, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Any of you DB'ers have a jdm itr muffler for sale in so cal..
Old 04-17-2014, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What are the condition of your door panels?
Old 04-17-2014, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 04-19-2014, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone interested in my OEM integra car cover...comes with bag and lock $150+shipping
Old 04-20-2014, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^ You seem to have a nice collection of Integra OEM accessories
Old 04-20-2014, 12:50 PM
RESIDENT

Originally Posted by CF_EM1
anyone interested in my OEM integra car cover...comes with bag and lock $150+shipping
If I wasn't spending all my money on the K I would pick this up. Or if a Db brother would buy my trunk mat I'd pick it up.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by EnjoyTheRideDC2
^^ You seem to have a nice collection of Integra OEM accessories

Thanks man and yea I do but unfortunately I had to sell my db so I'm downsizing all my parts
Old 04-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Jus showing this thread and these DBs some loving...

Quick Reply: DB Squad.....for the Teggers with 2 extra doors