Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Type S exhaust on a base

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Type S exhaust on a base

Im getting to the point where im gonna start doing more to my car. I dont want the attention of an exhaust though. If i would get aftermarket it would be like Greddy sp2 or somethin quiet like that.

I've been told though that the type s exhaust is actually a high flow exhaust and i figured i could pick one up cheap. What modifications would i need to do to get in there on my base? Will it bolt right on?

My second question is for both base owners and ep owners who might have done this, but what kind of gains did you see, if any?

I'll mention my plans for the car to maybe give you guys an idea of what im looking for so maybe someone can through some suggestions.
- Ingen CAI
- DC header (not race though, wanna keep it race legal)
- Hondata, either reflash or the new k100
- and an exhaust of somesort

Hondata will be last because i might choose to supercharge.

Modified by whiteDCfiver at 11:01 AM 1/9/2005
Old 11-22-2004, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Type S exhaust on a base (whiteDCfiver)

Just to clarify, i did do a search. I wasnt able to find the answers im looking for though.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:45 AM

i can't speak for the rsx, but i had an aftermarket cat-back, and i hated it. it was just too loud. i did like the power, though.

i have read on these forums and others that the stock muffler (on the EP mind you) is rather unrestrictive and a popular modification is to have a mid pipe bent from just after the cat to the beginning of the rear section. i think i may try that with a header.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:07 PM
Reborn_

the S catback will not bolt right up to the base cat. The S exhaust system is about 3 inches shorter than the base. if you get the race header, everything will bolt up fine. if you want to bold up the S catback to your base header and cat, you will have to extend the S b pipe by roughly 3 inches (i had a muffler shop do this for me , they just weld in some piping to extend the b pipe)

i have a aem cai, jrrh, stock S b pipe, and spoon n1 muffler. gains are decent, but i expected more out of the race header.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:09 PM

Well, the fact that you're getting a DCRH, there's no need for you to find a Type S cat. All you need to get is a exhaust for a Type S. If you want something fairly quiet and inconspicous, I'd get the RSR
Old 11-22-2004, 03:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by whiteDCfiver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im getting to the point where im gonna start doing more to my car. I dont want the attention of an exhaust though. If i would get aftermarket it would be like Greddy sp2 or somethin quiet like that.

I've been told though that the type s exhaust is actually a high flow exhaust and i figured i could pick one up cheap. What modifications would i need to do to get in there on my base? Will it bolt right on?

My second question is for both base owners and ep owners who might have done this, but what kind of gains did you see, if any?

I'll mention my plans for the car to maybe give you guys an idea of what im looking for so maybe someone can through some suggestions.
- Ingen CAI
- DC race header (hence why i dont want the exhaust attention, espeically in cali)
- Hondata, either reflash or the new k100
- and an exhaust of somesort

Hondata will be last because i might choose to supercharge.</TD></TR></TABLE>

there's a little gain above 3k rpm with just type-s exhaust and header alone, with race header and CAI i think you will definitely feel it
Old 11-22-2004, 03:13 PM

Default Re: (C25A1guy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by C25A1guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, the fact that you're getting a DCRH, there's no need for you to find a Type S cat. All you need to get is a exhaust for a Type S. If you want something fairly quiet and inconspicous, I'd get the RSR</TD></TR></TABLE>

RSR?
Old 11-22-2004, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

rsr is a brand of exhaust. very quiet and looks almost like stock. haven't heard much about this brand so i can't tell u anything else