Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company?

b16a swap from www.Hmotorsonline.com, came super clean runs good all sensors were intack and not broken. only 3 issues now that I've put 35k on the motor is it puffs blue smoke, stuck rings even tho i do oil changes on time and the clutch disc broke and the tps sensor went.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got my h22a and transmission from osaka jdm motors. The motor was in great condition. I know some people give them a bad rap, but to tell you the truth they are the cheapest around. Lets not forget that these motors are close to 20 years old and there not going to be perfect. I think anywhere you buy your taking a chance.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow this thread is very old lol well I bought my Jdm 99 b18c spec R block from
Star japan , very cool pple he also threw Itr shift linkage and p73-003 ecu and best part shipping was free , motor was clean I start it up last week very quiet and smooth. I love it and also will do business again with them, my boy bought 2003 Subaru engine from them and it's very healthy as well. Just visit them online plus shipping is fast they located around Albany . Here is the number 1 514 482 7333
Old 02-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I only buy my motors and JDM accessories from Phil at JEI(www.japaneseengineimport.com), and he has always taken great care of me. I have bought several motors from him, as well as brake conversion stuff and other miscellaneous items. He always gives me a pretty wicked deal, and has even gone out of his way to source things up for me when he didnt have what I needed on hand. His new warehouse in Manassas is pretty sweet, too. I can also vouch for him in that Ive sent god knows how many of my friend/associates to do business with him, and theyve always reported cut rate service and product. Just my .02

-Chandler
Old 04-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Got a B18C (GSR) complete change over from hmotorsonline.com. The owner Steve was a big help as this was my first swap and when i asked for a OBD1 swap he said they were out but if I went and bought the swap he would include all the jumper harnesses needed for free. Got everything in a reasonable amount of time. Brand new axles, linkage looked good. Motor was stupid clean. 30 day start up warranty as long as you do all the maintance stuff first. I did a lot of research before buying from there. They are a little pricy but motors average 35000 miles and I read a lot of stories in which people had bad coils or dizzys and Steve gave them no issue reimbusing them for the money they spent replacing the parts. Also all sensors are guarenteed to be in tact and working. Overall good experience and would definitely recommend them. I didnt wanna buy used from someone who was dumping it because it was knocking or not running. I dropped my motor right in did the wiring I need and it fired right up. No isses at all.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:07 AM
Trial User

has anyone gotten anything from www.jspecauto.com?
Old 04-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hmotorsonline FTW
Old 05-13-2014, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know im super late but does HMO search for what you need if they are out of stock?
Old 05-13-2014, 09:05 PM
Steve at Heart

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by KingWzrrd
I know im super late but does HMO search for what you need if they are out of stock?
Call them and ask for what you need. If you need something specific just let them know. Some small stuff is pre order and others may have wait list. In my experiences they have been very helpful and provide a good service.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Im considering getting a k20a2 from hmotorsonline.com

3 questions

1. is this the same company that used to be honda motors online.com

2. If so are they still reputable

3. They offer to sell you hasport ekk1 mounts and hasport axles way cheaper than hasport offers, are they the legit mounts and axles?
Old 08-01-2014, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Tigerjapanese
Old 08-11-2014, 02:33 PM
Ditto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Re: Where did you get your engine? Overall experience with company?

Originally Posted by GoldieWang
Im considering getting a k20a2 from hmotorsonline.com

3 questions

1. is this the same company that used to be honda motors online.com

2. If so are they still reputable

3. They offer to sell you hasport ekk1 mounts and hasport axles way cheaper than hasport offers, are they the legit mounts and axles?
1. yes

2. yes

3. it's hasport mounts and axles so it's only as legit as you believe hasport mounts and axles are
Old 08-17-2014, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Have used Dover Cylinder Head in Orlando, and JDM Florida in Orlando for when Dover doesn't have it or can't get it. Both get my recommendation.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:04 PM
Trial User

Got the Civic and the b18c1 in it from my mechanic years ago. All stock. 94 GSR wrapped around a phone pole and he stuffed the engine, wires and computer into a 95 dx coupe. Drove it for years. Ran (25 mph) into an 18-in puddle on a major road during a hellish rainstorm. Cold air intake? Snorkel next time for florida thanks. Bottom end stopped dead. Water in 2 cylinders. Cut the timing belt to try and turn the bottom end. Nothing.

I also have a 95 del sol that has a d15 in it. Seems it came with the 16a, but has the d15 from the civic from above. Yep, got it from the same guy.

Going to put the b18c1 - after the bottom gets put to stock(nothing fancy) - into the del sol. Lots of things to push from one car to the other. Any advice local to the Melbourne/Berevard FL area for a bottom end rebuild is appreciated.