Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

need everyone HONEST opinion **livefeed for larger SFWD events**

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 09:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: need everyone HONEST opinion **livefeed for larger SFWD events**

It won't hurt sales, it will help. 100% guaranteed. It will be tough getting the sanctioning bodies on board.

You need to do it right, high quality broadcast. Get racers and personalities on camera, not just cars running down the track. Real time will be tough. Your system needs to show how many viewers and you are going to have to do the first few on your dime. You need viewers to get sponsors.

When I'm bored i pay for 1320go.com to read the times come up on the board. Live broadcast could be the same.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tippyman
Seriously doubt that. Not trying to be a debbie downer, but people suck ***.
lol....debbie downer my ***..

negative nancy maybe...just playing..
Old 07-25-2014, 03:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by luck4rmkc
Big events like WCF and Honda Day I would be happy to pay a small fee for the ability to watch a live feed round by round. Some people just want the highlight reel on YouTube the next week but I like seeing the entire event and all it has to offer. Now if only I could DVR it...
u can pm me if u'd like to contribute

your dvr is youtube.com/yellowgti

entire event coverage for every ogs, or mir sport fwd / all motor / prostock / true street even for the last 3 years.

i had made a long post in the middle of the night a couple days back then deleted it, cause i felt it came a cross as a "debbie downer" post with lots of negativity which sadly where all facts. But I know crazes saw it and said it was a good post, still debating if i want to have him undelete it.

Last edited by itsukivr6; 07-25-2014 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itsukivr6
paypal is goalie500@comcast.net

your dvr is youtube.com/yellowgti

entire event coverage for every ogs, or mir sport fwd / all motor / prostock / true street even for the last 3 years.

i had made a long post in the middle of the night a couple days back then deleted it, cause i felt it came a cross as a "debbie downer" post with lots of negativity which sadly where all facts. But I know crazes saw it and said it was a good post, still debating if i want to have him undelete it.
I say show and we all talk as a team to this big giant community. There needs to be honesty with all the decisions and helping we can provide.

My comment about being a "Debbie downer", to change the mentality from secretive to team oriented.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by crazes
I say show and we all talk as a team to this big giant community. There needs to be honesty with all the decisions and helping we can provide.

My comment about being a "Debbie downer", to change the mentality from secretive to team oriented.
if u can undelete it then go ahead, cause i didn't save a copy it was at like 4 in the morning lmao
Old 07-26-2014, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by itsukivr6
Considering I did an entire year of real time updates on fb and here on h/t followed with full video coverage within 24 hours of completion of the event, as close to a live feed as you will get as thats essentially what NHRA event coverage is like, you can follow real time results at sites like drag race central then they broadcast the event hours after completion.

People still complained about how quickly i was posting updates, just because someone else may have posted just 1 time from a round while i'd usually wait for a few pair before posting, to less then 1500 views for event videos, while at the same time video edits would regularly get more views.

I couldn't find people to give me a dime for my time, then and still can't now. So now there is a reason why my coverage goes it when it goes up some times its the same week some times its a few weeks later.

Plus a lot of people talk about how they are willing to "subscribe" or pay for videos, but you'd think if that was the case i'd see donations in my paypal, or sauce spot would see donations or any of the other videographers, ososik, nyce1s etc. Heck one of the people who lives in washington state who loves my videos actually made a big post on FB, cause he knew I was looking to get more gopros, this was for something to give better coverage. out of the 7,000 likes at the time 6, people donated 4 of them where people I talk to on a regular basis in real life and 2 of them where complete strangers.

Bottom line i'm not trying to be negative, I'm just sharing my opinion based on facts and years of already doing this. I'd love for this to get off the ground, which is why i'm asking what type of setup he is looking to run.

Lastly let me just share these numbers

Spring Nationals: Results (Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
itsukivr6 05-03-2011 12:04 AM by DC5TypeS02 Go to last post 85 9,115 views Drag Racing

OGS Spring Nationals @ Etown Videos by CLM and Dynamic Performance (Multi-page thread 1 2)
itsukivr6 05-12-2012 08:39 PM by itsukivr6 Go to last post 39 6,393 views Drag Racing

*Video* Honda Day and Spring Nationals ERacer Round by Round Coverage
itsukivr6 05-22-2013 05:09 PM by 2fastGSR Go to last post 11 1,482 views Drag Racing

Spring Nationals at E-Town Video Coverage
itsukivr6 06-02-2014 12:31 AM by neonkid Go to last post 9 753 views Drag Racing
Old 07-26-2014, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i love the idea and would absolutely pay for the service! i dont think it would drop attendance at the track. for instance a big one is world cup finals at MIR. i live an hour away and theres no way in hell i would watch it on tv over being there even if espn hosted it! i havent missed a world cup final in 12 years! playing devils advocate, its a TON of work, effort, and money. good luck i hope it works out for the best!
Old 07-26-2014, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if you want to see a perfect example of a livestream operation of a niche sport - check out http://www.flotrack.org/ (track and field)

they have weekly recap episodes of races and meets, athlete interviews, and behind the scenes with athletes in training, coming back from injuries and so on in addition to live streaming with commentary.

my main problem with flotrack is the price. while $20 a month isn't much you can get nbcsports season package of like 14 events for the same price. looking around the current import scene these days you'd be lucky to snag $5 a month.

everything costs money and the most efficient way to start would to network a team to minimize travel and operating costs.

interviews and shop visits wouldn't cost much except time and for the hardcore enthusiast would provide something that few get to see. i don't know how much info the really competitive guys would give but i'm sure a little trash talking would be fun.

i'm an older import guy from the late 90's and early 2000's so the scene i left with huge shows, multiple sanctioning bodies and manufacturers sponsorships are long gone. i'm back in the scene now building a FIS class integra with my brother. i'd watch the races but i'm pretty sure my brother would not.

its really an uphill battle as far as building an audience and collecting sponsorship dollars. i think its doable but more like a video magazine - vlog and less of just a stream of races.

i'd look at the demise of the big import mags and the competition they faced from free media and decide how much you want to invest.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:12 PM

I don't see how this would eliminate people from the stands, if anything it would really open up these mostly local events to a WIDE area including the huge international market of fans out there.

If anything it would increase awareness and the fan base out there and I'd imagine over time make more people want to come out and experience racing in person.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by RollermanDan
The theory of if I can sit at home and watch, why do I need to go to the track hurt. It's tough to do unless you have a dedicated following of fans and subscribers....plus some serious sponsors. People would want live video, no streaming issues, and people that can provide commentary that know wtf they're talking about.

I wish you well and would love to see it happen, but plain and simple, if it hurts attendance where we really need it again (at the tracks) no thanks. I can wait a few min for quality videos from some of the other websites out there / members on here that are at the track at the time. If it improves attendance and drives in more events / bigger payouts...of course people would be all for it.
Bill Wirtz the owner of the Chicago Blackhawks thought the same thing many many years ago. No home games were televised in fear that people would not come to games and spend money. The total opposite happened, the team struggled, no one cared about them and they reached a very low point in Hockey history. I remember how much it sucked as a kid not being able to watch them on tv. After he passed away his son took over and televised home games and the teams popularity sky rocketed again.

A quick quote I found online about his son Rocky taking over
“I’d say, ‘Dad, we’re losing generations of fans by not televising home games,’ ” he said. “He said it wouldn’t be fair to our fans with season tickets. But we’d gotten down to 3,400 season tickets, which meant maybe 1,500 to 1,700 fans. So we weren’t televising home games for 1,700 people? Why bang your head against the wall?”

I understand your point but I feel like it would help the sport in the long run and make it more popular. To the original poster, sign me up to donate some cash if this does happen.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I really hope something comes out of this. I'm willing to pay a monthly subscription. I try to watch NHRA top fuel every weekend and I would do the same if Imports were on.

edit-just because NHRA is on tv, it doesn't mean I don't watch them live. Been to the Az. track more times than I can remember.

Last edited by 95dxsir2; 07-30-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[quote=itsukivr6/]

itsukivr6 05-03-2011 12:04 AM by DC5TypeS02 Go to last post 85 9,115 views Drag Racing

OGS Spring Nationals @ Etown Videos by CLM and Dynamic Performance (Multi-page thread 1 2)
itsukivr6 05-12-2012 08:39 PM by itsukivr6 Go to last post 39 6,393 views Drag Racing

itsukivr6 05-22-2013 05:09 PM by 2fastGSR Go to last post 11 1,482 views Drag Racing

itsukivr6 06-02-2014 12:31 AM by neonkid Go to last post 9 753 views Drag Racing[\quote]

That's on Honda-tech alone. what are your Facebook numbers, combined with your YouTube channel and any other account you have?

Once upon a time, this is where we got all the low down. There were pages of updated threads. Now your lucky to get nine or ten updated threads in a 24 hour period. You would be lucky to learn anything new here anymore. When everyone went to Facebook The Drag Racing forum dropped off.... It's all Millers fault! Yes-YES I am sure of it! Once he made the jump to F-B everyone followed.... nut swingers I guess???
where the hell did drama-tech go???? LOL!

Just saying, you cant go by H-T numbers anymore. It sucks for me because I hate FB. I was on H-T 5 or 6 times a day. Now I'd be lucky to be on here once a month.

Don't get me wrong I do watch your videos, And I do give you a thumbs up where I can.
Thanks for what you do!

Last edited by 89turboaccord; 07-29-2014 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=89turboaccord;49867586]
Originally Posted by itsukivr6/

itsukivr6 06-02-2014 12:31 AM by neonkid Go to last post 9 753 views Drag Racing[\quote]

That's on Honda-tech alone. what are your Facebook numbers, combined with your YouTube channel and any other account you have?

Once upon a time, this is where we got all the low down. There were pages of updated threads. Now your lucky to get nine or ten updated threads in a 24 hour period. You would be lucky to learn anything new here anymore. When everyone went to Facebook The Drag Racing forum dropped off.... It's all Millers fault! Yes-YES I am sure of it! Once he made the jump to F-B everyone followed.... nut swingers I guess???

Just saying, you cant go by H-T numbers anymore. It sucks for me because I hate FB. I was on H-T 5 or 6 times a day. Now I'd be lucky to be on here once a month.

Don't get me wrong I do watch your videos, And I do give you a thumbs up where I can.
Thanks for what you do!
That is also the other reason, you lose your drive to bust ***, when you post a video of a record run or a close race and it gets 5k++++ views but the round by round coverage gets little views for the time and effort

4,312 youtube subscribers, 9,879 fb likes currently

2014 Spring Nationals Eliminations - 1493 youtube views
2013 Spring Nationals Eliminations - 1470 youtube views
2012 Spring Nationals Eliminations - I had broken, it down to coverage by round instead of 1 long video Round 1 - 800 Round 2 - 506 Semis and Finals 305 views.

it's really disheartening at times for sure.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think its a great idea just biggest issue being the events with less of a turn out. but I always look at ososik feed or saucespot feed etc. on youtube to try and see video from events I couldnt make it to.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Twenty47
i dont think it will hurt ticket sales. i think if anything it will give some people far away a better idea of what its like to see the races and maybe want to attend. and i hope people would be willing to pay a small fee to access the streams.
This
Originally Posted by xenocron
I don't see how this would eliminate people from the stands, if anything it would really open up these mostly local events to a WIDE area including the huge international market of fans out there.

If anything it would increase awareness and the fan base out there and I'd imagine over time make more people want to come out and experience racing in person.
This is what's missing.

I'm on the West Coast and the events that have been mentioned as far as streaming are all east coast based. At this moment in my life I cant attend those in person.

[QUOTE=89turboaccord;49867586]
Originally Posted by itsukivr6/

Thanks for what you do!
I've been around this site for over a decade and have seen the changes. It used to be a battle to start the update/pics/video threads for IDRC, BOTI, NHRA in the early 2000s. Now you barely get any updates on events. Even threads about upcoming events used to go for 2-3 pages and now barely fill up one.

I like the idea and If i can financially contribute to the cause I will.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I like the interview idea. Interesting to see who's got what going on and see faces to the cars they race or work on. Being i'm going overseas for 4 years, I can't go to any of this stuff anymore, so something streamed over the internet that i'd have to pay some money to watch live or even replayed would be worth it to me.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's a proven fact (in football anyway) that not airing an event hurts popularity or fan #'s. The only track I know of that has live feed is Vegas (which I usually go to every winter). I also go to Fontana and Phoenix events. Tucson just isn't worth the drive (6 hours at 80mph).

I say use something similar to nhra. Different camera angles and interviews with drivers, crew chief in between runs. The only way to make that happen is multiple cameras and feet. Will it happen? I can only hope. Is it possible? Well anything is possible. Ososik, Yellowgti and grs. Mix all those together and fans will LOVE it. Being able to watch a replay of an event would be awesome.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I personally LOVE following Eracer, Ososik, Sauce Spot...and others when it come to live updates through FB and IG. And i try to share as many of the vids and posts as i can to try to share it with people who don't even know it's going on.

I agree with a lot of dudes if there was going to be a stream it would be cool to have driver interviews and interactions with shops and stuff...like eracer and iamtaiboogie and stuff do now i'm always down to watch videos like that. Just like any racer we can't make it to EVERY event due to time, money, and other circumstances. I like that football and hockey anaology when those teams BLACKOUT the games. Makes fans have a lot less interest or even care what's going on. I'm sure you ask anyone that goes to the these events and watch the racing live they love it, i know i do! But right now i don't think streaming would hurt at all for the simple fact you'd be opening these great events up to EVERYONE and spread how great these events are. (again the videos the guys i mentioned above post, ARE great and capture everything) but we live in a world of "now" unfortunately i think cause there is lack of 'now' video coverage turns guys off from sitting around there phones and computers waiting on updates.

And people mentioned that vegas feed, i'll be damned if i'm not glued to the stream when they host events, sure the video quality isn't that great but you get to see everything. So i'm 100% behind this. I'd love to see streams and help spread this sport to the people now that don't even though about some of the great events the east and west put on. I think it will only bring more interest not less
Old 09-05-2014, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

any updates on this?
Old 09-08-2014, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry guys , I have been doing the SAME thing I have discussed for this just with softball ive been broadcasting live softball games in PCB the past week and am down here for another week. then heading to Orlando florida to announce and broadcast games live in the Houston Astros spring training facility!
Old 09-08-2014, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

announcing by 93 red ls, on Flickr

announcing1 by 93 red ls, on Flickr