Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Civic/Del Sol (1992 - 2000)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!


Reply
 
 
 
submit to reddit
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
Krueger3
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Krueger3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 108
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

duplicate bullshit

Last edited by Krueger3; 09-02-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Krueger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
speedjunkie_g35
Honda-Tech Member
2013 Subaru Legacy
My Garage
 
speedjunkie_g35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: P'cola, FL to Shreveport, LA
Posts: 2,867
iTrader Rating: (0)
GANGSTER G35
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

Car looks awesome. One thing I would recommend you doing is lose that harness bar if you value your life!!! They are very dangerous if you get into a wreck.
__________________
-Not sponsored by Mom and Dad Motorsports!!!
Check my build: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3031606
Have sold to: Greenitr2009, metalslug, optaire, 96GreenDB
speedjunkie_g35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
Kevincc
Honda-Tech Member
1993 Honda Civic
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 9
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

^^^ Agree on both. Car looks amazing. Ver well done.
Kevincc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #4
Krueger3
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Krueger3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 108
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

Thanks guys.
Krueger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #5
Krueger3
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Krueger3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 108
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

Well bummer I expected a little more then that..
Krueger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #6
jbpnoman
B*a*n*n*e*d
1998 Honda Civic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Charlottesville, VA, USA
Posts: 6,422
iTrader Rating: (0)
DblDtchRddr
Send a message via AIM to jbpnoman
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

Do yourself a huge favor and replace the hardware on the camber arms. Blox hardware is notorious for backing out and sending your alignment all to hell.
jbpnoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #7
albertosaurus
Trial User
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 1
iTrader Rating: (0)
@albertoosaurus
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

Really sweet build, love all that time and effort you put into it, looks nice.
albertosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #8
Krueger3
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Krueger3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 108
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpnoman View Post
Do yourself a huge favor and replace the hardware on the camber arms. Blox hardware is notorious for backing out and sending your alignment all to hell.
Most of it will be replaced soon. I've had good luck with blox but have also heard bad stuff. But I'm ready to try something new also. Any recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertosaurus View Post
Really sweet build, love all that time and effort you put into it, looks nice.
Thanks, means a lot man
Krueger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:41 PM   #9
jbpnoman
B*a*n*n*e*d
1998 Honda Civic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Charlottesville, VA, USA
Posts: 6,422
iTrader Rating: (0)
DblDtchRddr
Send a message via AIM to jbpnoman
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krueger3 View Post
Most of it will be replaced soon. I've had good luck with blox but have also heard bad stuff. But I'm ready to try something new also. Any recommendations?
I have Buddy Club camber arms all the way around. The ball joint mounting points on the front have a much thicker gauge metal behind them, so they're a lot less likely to break out under high stress. The hardware is also of high quality - the only thing you need to add is a dab of LocTite, and you're good to go. Rear camber arms are pretty simple - two threaded eyelets, attached with a middle sleeve and locknuts. The BC rear kit just feels better than others I've felt and installed.

They also have the huge advantage of not being stupid expensive.
jbpnoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #10
habanerored06si
Honda-Tech Member
2006 Honda Civic
 
habanerored06si's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 482
iTrader Rating: (0)
ReignJustice
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

Be proud of yourself bro. Excellent build. All this fresh hatches making me want one.

In regards to the Carbon Fiber roof. Carbon fiber is not installed used 2 sided tape....

It's used with epoxy resin.....
__________________
Free Vin Check
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennobanzai View Post
habanero looks fierce as hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw1tch View Post
Looks like a guy who can fashion a weapon from anything just like macguyver
habanerored06si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:54 AM   #11
nealnanoHX
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,917
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

Wow very nice Civic for anyone let alone a 18 year old kid. Good work and very clean car and well done.
nealnanoHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #12
Krueger3
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Krueger3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 108
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpnoman View Post
I have Buddy Club camber arms all the way around. The ball joint mounting points on the front have a much thicker gauge metal behind them, so they're a lot less likely to break out under high stress. The hardware is also of high quality - the only thing you need to add is a dab of LocTite, and you're good to go. Rear camber arms are pretty simple - two threaded eyelets, attached with a middle sleeve and locknuts. The BC rear kit just feels better than others I've felt and installed.

They also have the huge advantage of not being stupid expensive.
Thanks I'll have to look more into them. Sounds like a good idea though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habanerored06si View Post
Be proud of yourself bro. Excellent build. All this fresh hatches making me want one.

In regards to the Carbon Fiber roof. Carbon fiber is not installed used 2 sided tape....

It's used with epoxy resin.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by nealnanoHX View Post
Wow very nice Civic for anyone let alone a 18 year old kid. Good work and very clean car and well done.
Thanks guys, it's been challenging but ive learned a lot and wouldn't take anything back. I'd like to do another sometime.

As for the carbon roof, I guess I never thought of that, I've just always seen them saying they come with "3m double sided strengthening adhesive blah blah" so I was a little sketched out I suppose.
Krueger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #13
Fnix
Honda-Tech Member
1999 Honda Civic
 
Fnix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 633
iTrader Rating: (1)
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

good build, what heat wrap did you use for the downpipe?
Fnix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #14
Krueger3
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Krueger3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 108
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

Just got some out of summit
Krueger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #15
Fnix
Honda-Tech Member
1999 Honda Civic
 
Fnix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 633
iTrader Rating: (1)
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krueger3 View Post
Just got some out of summit
How does it stick? Is it sticky tape?
Fnix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #16
98.4DR.EK.D16
Honda-Tech Member
1998 Honda Civic
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Florida/Dade County
Posts: 459
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

awesome build! i understand your struggle since i recently turned 20 and im almost done with my jdm d15b e85 turbo build. i deffffinately reccomend the e85. i love how the car came out, it looks great! i love the slips and how the match the bay, i love the red and the seats are awesome but i wouldve preffered some type r's myself (thats what im trying to put in mine) nice steering wheel and suspension mods.
__________________
1998 civic sedan w/jdm D15B with vtec turbo on E85

build thread: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3033145&
98.4DR.EK.D16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #17
98.4DR.EK.D16
Honda-Tech Member
1998 Honda Civic
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: South Florida/Dade County
Posts: 459
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

only thumbs down you get is for switching from a jdm d15b to a z6
__________________
1998 civic sedan w/jdm D15B with vtec turbo on E85

build thread: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3033145&
98.4DR.EK.D16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #18
SpikedInterest
Honda-Tech Member
1993 Honda Civic
 
SpikedInterest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada, Ontario
Posts: 425
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

Holy progress batman!

Love the car and the fast progress. IMO the rota's are too bright of a white, I like the black ones, just my opinion its your car though. Anyways to my question, how did you like doing the rear quarters? Trying to build myself up enough confidence to do mine... nervous as hell though. Let me know how it went for you.
__________________
My restoration: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3048268
SpikedInterest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #19
Krueger3
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Krueger3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 108
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnix View Post
How does it stick? Is it sticky tape?
They come with metal zipties, or you could use a band clamp, either way works good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98.4DR.EK.D16 View Post
awesome build! i understand your struggle since i recently turned 20 and im almost done with my jdm d15b e85 turbo build. i deffffinately reccomend the e85. i love how the car came out, it looks great! i love the slips and how the match the bay, i love the red and the seats are awesome but i wouldve preffered some type r's myself (thats what im trying to put in mine) nice steering wheel and suspension mods.
Id love to do e85, we'll see how the upcoming months come along though, just bought a house and kinda been slowing down on vehicles lately but slowing getting there. Thanks though, and yes i like the seats but would like maybe something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98.4DR.EK.D16 View Post
only thumbs down you get is for switching from a jdm d15b to a z6
Ahh if i couldve i wouldve stayed with the d15b but the deal was a z6 and i couldnt pass it up. I have my old engine still, wanna tear it down and do something but just not sure what yet haaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceVtechTurbo View Post
Holy progress batman!

Love the car and the fast progress. IMO the rota's are too bright of a white, I like the black ones, just my opinion its your car though. Anyways to my question, how did you like doing the rear quarters? Trying to build myself up enough confidence to do mine... nervous as hell though. Let me know how it went for you.
i was a little leary on the white but with the bay being white now it looks a lot better i think, but still sometimes seems a bit off, they are brighter in the pictures then person also so that sets it off a bit different too.

Quarters i was scared to death to do... Most nerve wracking moment of the whole build i think besides it being on the dyno. You just gotta do it though man. The stuff i used was called Duramix or something from carquest. Expensive but holy hell is it strong, stuff dries like cement, you have to damn near take a grinder to get it off..
Krueger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #20
SpikedInterest
Honda-Tech Member
1993 Honda Civic
 
SpikedInterest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada, Ontario
Posts: 425
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krueger3 View Post
Quarters i was scared to death to do... Most nerve wracking moment of the whole build i think besides it being on the dyno. You just gotta do it though man. The stuff i used was called Duramix or something from carquest. Expensive but holy hell is it strong, stuff dries like cement, you have to damn near take a grinder to get it off..
I'll look into the Duramix stuff, how much did it run you, if you don't mind me asking, same with that carbon tailgate I like that. I got a red eg as well. slow progress though. I like some of the things you are doing. Did you paint your subframe brace? Or just bolt it back in?

And now that I take a second look at the engine bay, it really compliments the rims when you have the engine exposed. Goood work though, will be in for this.
__________________
My restoration: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3048268
SpikedInterest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #21
redtherocket
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 260
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

Sick car man.


Gotta love seeing a guy do his own work..

Showed my buddy this thread with NA VX 1.5....

He is jealous....
redtherocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #22
Krueger3
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Krueger3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 108
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceVtechTurbo View Post
I'll look into the Duramix stuff, how much did it run you, if you don't mind me asking, same with that carbon tailgate I like that. I got a red eg as well. slow progress though. I like some of the things you are doing. Did you paint your subframe brace? Or just bolt it back in?

And now that I take a second look at the engine bay, it really compliments the rims when you have the engine exposed. Goood work though, will be in for this.
Thanks man, Duramix was like 50-60 for a little tube, the tube lasted me both sides though and i have some left over so one would do a lot i assume. You have to get a gun for it, i had one luckily but it takes a certain kind, like a caulk gun but a tad different.

tailgate was like 200-300 bucks

subframe was powdercoated as well as all the other front suspension pieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtherocket View Post
Sick car man.


Gotta love seeing a guy do his own work..

Showed my buddy this thread with NA VX 1.5....

He is jealous....
Thanks bro ha took a lot of work and a lot of time and money but well worth it.
Krueger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #23
Sik Eg
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Sik Eg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 163
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

Dope *** build i like
Sik Eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #24
SpikedInterest
Honda-Tech Member
1993 Honda Civic
 
SpikedInterest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Canada, Ontario
Posts: 425
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

Could you use a basic caulking gun for it?
__________________
My restoration: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3048268
SpikedInterest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #25
Krueger3
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Krueger3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 108
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: 1992 VX Hatch SOHC BOOSTED BUILD

[quote=Sik Eg;47791122]Dope *** build i like[/QUOTEI

Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceVtechTurbo View Post
Could you use a basic caulking gun for it?
No it's got two parts to it, like hardener and the other compound do you need a dual kinda gun
Krueger3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 
submit to reddit
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whtgf rapping! whtgf General Discussion and Debate 184 09-02-2013 01:03 PM
... PolskiVtec Honda Civic/Del Sol (1992 - 2000) 1 01-11-2013 06:27 PM



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:03 AM.



2008 Copyright, InternetBrands Inc.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for Honda-Tech.com content, comments, or advertising. Honda-Tech.com is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse Honda-Tech.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.
Emails & Contact Details