Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

D.I.Y Rerouting and cleaning up Throttle Cables

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 02:09 PM
DC5/EP3 MOD :)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default D.I.Y Rerouting and cleaning up Throttle Cables

Alright so I get asked ALL the time about my throttle cables. I have also been special requested to make this thread. I am still running cruise control I just re-routed the cable. I am also running a shorty cable like the k-tuned short cable. I might have a couple of short cables for sale after this so if interested PM me.

(I also want to apologize... since I did this a long time ago I don't have straight forward DIY photos)

Anways, so I'm running a short throttle cable and that is straight forward. Just pull out your old cable and unhook it from the back of the pedal and run in to your throttle body.

^as you can see the cable comes straight out from behind my EPS and goes straight to my throttle body.

Now for your cruise control this is the big question. The answer is easy. Pull off ALL of your throttle cable brackets. You WON'T need any of them. Undo the cable end from the throttle bracket so you cable is free to move. Now what you are going to do is route your cable line down and secure it to the wiring harness

From there route it to meet up with your other throttle cable and zip tie those together too...

Now securely add a couple of ties to make it look nice and you have eliminated the bulky cable lines going across your engine

I'm looking for photos since I have A MILLION!! But for those with the stock throttle cable. I did once tuck that too. I also have done it on others cars. Unhook the throttle cable at the throttle bracket and fish it behind the intake box and go behind and around the stock battery. You have plenty of line to fish it around and hook it back up. I will upload photos of this when I find them!

You can see how the main throttle cable goes towards the fender and behind the battery in these photos!