Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Accord (1990 - 2002)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 10-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
jdowen2
Honda-Tech Member
2001 Honda Accord

iTrader Rating: (0)
Default check engine light 2000 Accord coolant trbl

My brother has a 2000 Accord 4 cyl. His check engine light came on. He took it to AutoZone and it showed a coolant problem. We changed the thermostat thinking that was the problem. During the process we found the radiator cap had broken and we had to fish out the pellet off the bottom of the cap assembly. Not sure what cured the problem but the light has stayed out.

Last edited by jdowen2; 10-20-2010 at 09:25 PM. Reason: additional info
jdowen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:06 PM   #2
h0p3l355dork
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: check engine light 2000 Accord

Did you happen to get the actual code? That would help diagnose the problem. Also.. it seems like your problem was resolved, what question did you have?
h0p3l355dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #3
Akkord2k1
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Yea, my mom's accord was supposedly repaired at her "go-to" shop and the CEL is still on. My dad thought it just needed a reset, I'm thinking other wise, I'm gonna try to see if i can rent a scanner at one of the autostores and check for myself. My mom's TCS and SRS lights have been staying on too and I feel like thats definitely a safety issue.

jdowen2: It might need a reset I guess if you already scanned it and fixed the TS. Not sure.
Akkord2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:23 PM   #4
jdowen2
Honda-Tech Member
2001 Honda Accord

My post was a heads up to anyone with a similar problem. Not a question, apologies for any confusion.
jdowen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:58 AM   #5
Akkord2k1
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

^^ my mistake, i read it wrong. you said the light stayed off.
Akkord2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:30 PM   #6
02 accord
Honda-Tech Member
2002 Honda Accord

Send a message via AIM to 02 accord

So what was the original problem? A "coolant problem" could be anything. My coolant problem was a leaking radiator cap, and changing the thermostat would not fix that. I didn't have a CEL either, just coolant on top of the radiator/fan.
why are you scared to go under the car? Just get in do what you have to do and get out its not that scarry
02 accord is offline   Reply With Quote

submit to reddit

Tags
2000, 2002, accord, added, cap, cel, check, coolant, engine, fluid, honda, light, radiator, read, reset