Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust help

Ok for some reason i know i read something somewhere! but i can't remember for the life of me. My wifes car her exhaust is jacked up and i mean JACKED. so i got her a header, new cat and i ordered and exhaust. turns out the exhaust is on back order. no big deal that was back on dec 8th. so i called summit today they tell me now i have another three weeks to wait. her exhaust is getting bad each day she drives it. so my questions is isn't there a civic exhaust that i can use that will match right up to her integra?
i always thought that the 92-95 civic coupe was the same as the 94-97 teg. please let me know i don't want to wait until mid jan for her exhaust i want to do it all during christmas break. thanks for your help!

Last edited by civiclxb16a; 12-22-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Re: exhaust help

I don't specifically know of any Civic exhaust that would bolt straight up to an Integra, because the body dimensions are all different. Each car's exhaust system has certain length pipes and the bends in a certain place to fit with and work around the other components underneath the car (suspension, gas tank, spare tire well, etc), and also fit with the rear bumper length and bumper cutout location. Unless someone has specifically found a setup that will work (I have never heard of anyone trying to put a Civic exhaust on an Integra), then it will really just be a trial and error process.

What exactly is the problem with the exhaust? Couldn't an exhaust shop maybe repair the problem area for maybe a small price until you get the new setup, or it totally jacked up beyond repair?
Old 12-22-2008, 10:38 AM

well what happened to her muffler was a part of the cat broke inside and it got stuck in her muffler and its rattling pretty bad. her cat is completely jacked up as well. so i have the header and the new cat and i wanted to get her a new exhaust at the same time. so why go to the exhaust shop and drop 1-200 on just a muffler where for 300 i can get everything one shot and i can bolt it all in one day. i have been looking at some pictures and i found these

don't the mid pipes look exactly the same to you? that is an ek exhaust and a dc exhaust system. i was going to cancel the order and get just the muffler and then get a mid pipe and call it a day
Old 12-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by civiclxb16a
well what happened to her muffler was a part of the cat broke inside and it got stuck in her muffler and its rattling pretty bad. her cat is completely jacked up as well. so i have the header and the new cat and i wanted to get her a new exhaust at the same time. so why go to the exhaust shop and drop 1-200 on just a muffler where for 300 i can get everything one shot and i can bolt it all in one day. i have been looking at some pictures and i found these

don't the mid pipes look exactly the same to you? that is an ek exhaust and a dc exhaust system. i was going to cancel the order and get just the muffler and then get a mid pipe and call it a day
If you have access to a sawzall, a welder, and extra pipe you can make an integra exhaust work, but you will need to do some fabricating. The muffler from a 3 dr. teg works pretty well, but the midpipe will have to be played with a little bit from what I remember (it's been a while since I've done it). But just for the record, no it doesn't just bolt up. Good luck!
Old 12-22-2008, 11:25 AM

ok kool that is all i needed to hear! i guess i have to wait the 2 weeks more for her exhaust! thanks a lot man you answered what i needed!