Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

PIC's Race-Ready LCA or New Omni LCA

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PIC's Race-Ready LCA or New Omni LCA

I'm gonna grab a set of LCA's, and I narrowed my choice to 2. The PIC's Race-Ready LCA or the new Omni's.

PIC's Race-Ready LCA

http://picperformance.com/stor...t=202

Omni-Power USA Aluminum Rear Lower Control Arms

http://www.omnipowerusa.com/product.asp?P_ID=127

I prefer the looks of hte PIC. But I like the idea of the Omni's adjustable sway bar mounting holes. Also the Omni's are 100% pure polyurethane bushings. The PIC's have the polyurethane bushings but I dont think they are 100% (correct me if I'm wrong).

Does anyone own a set of either of these, if so what do u think of em?

Modified by Sassafrass at 4:55 PM 1/13/2007
Old 01-13-2007, 11:27 AM

Default Re: PIC's Race-Ready LCA or New Omni LCA (Sassafrass)

I want to know some information on this too, but more on omni?
Old 01-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The shock bushings are polyurethane, the chassis-side and TA-side are spherical bearings.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIC's Race-Ready LCA or New Omni LCA (PIC Performance)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PIC Performance &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The shock bushings are polyurethane, the chassis-side and TA-side are spherical bearings.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Noted.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:16 AM
war all of the time......

although those PIC's look really nice, and the spherical bearing is a nice touch... for the price of both those and the omni's u could get a set of Function7 lca's, plus have some cash left over. F7 also sells the adjustable endlinks. and they have the 3 mounting holes for the sway bar also

i just bought a set of the F7 lca's and endlinks for just a lil more than the omni's and a lil less than the PIC's. send a PM to DavidR if u need a price.

also, i think the user KIWI on here sells SRR lca's with spherical bushings in them to if thats the way u want to go.

Old 01-19-2007, 04:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

PIC lca's have a very nice appearance to it plus the upgraded bushings .
Old 01-19-2007, 07:25 AM

Default Re: PIC's Race-Ready LCA or New Omni LCA (blackstar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackstar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">although those PIC's look really nice, and the spherical bearing is a nice touch... for the price of both those and the omni's u could get a set of Function7 lca's, plus have some cash left over. F7 also sells the adjustable endlinks. and they have the 3 mounting holes for the sway bar also

i just bought a set of the F7 lca's and endlinks for just a lil more than the omni's and a lil less than the PIC's. send a PM to DavidR if u need a price.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for mentioning me.

Don't forget, the Omni LCAs aren't made from as strong an aluminum as the F7s are, nor do the swaybar mounting holes allow for as much adjustability. The bushings in the Omni look far inferior to those in the Function7s as well, which are custom made by Energy Suspension for F7, the durability of the Function7 LCA is far superior than most other poly bushings on the market.

As for the PIC ones, looks like they just took the cheap rubber bushing out of the shock mount and relpaced it with a off the shelf poly bushing (of unknown origin). Also, look at the swaybar mounting location, it is NOT right for any EG/DC/EF chassis, and your endlinks may bind up through the suspension travel.

If you need any more detailed information about the Function7s, feel free to write me a PM, or email me at project.zum@gmail.com and I'd be happy to fill you in on all the details I can.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIC's Race-Ready LCA or New Omni LCA (DavidR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DavidR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

As for the PIC ones, looks like they just took the cheap rubber bushing out of the shock mount and relpaced it with a off the shelf poly bushing (of unknown origin). Also, look at the swaybar mounting location, it is NOT right for any EG/DC/EF chassis, and your endlinks may bind up through the suspension travel.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The rubber bushings used in our standard LCA's are far from cheap. The polyurethane is not found any shelf anywhere, since it is our own polyurethane blend, and it made solely for PIC.

We have used this LCA design for a full season now with no issues, and no signs of binding in multiple applications (EF, DC2, EM1).

Speaking of binding, we have avoided the use of polyurethane at the outer and inner bushings for that very reason, and replaced them with spherical bearings instead.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PIC Performance &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The rubber bushings used in our standard LCA's are far from cheap. The polyurethane is not found any shelf anywhere, since it is our own polyurethane blend, and it made solely for PIC.

We have used this LCA design for a full season now with no issues, and no signs of binding in multiple applications (EF, DC2, EM1).

Speaking of binding, we have avoided the use of polyurethane at the outer and inner bushings for that very reason, and replaced them with spherical bearings instead.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Curious, whats the life expectency of a spherical bearing used under daily driver conditions?
Old 01-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIC's Race-Ready LCA or New Omni LCA (TunerN00b)

Based on what I've seen on my personal car (now sold) and 2 others that I've been able to follow closely, at least a year and a half. Possibly longer, since my old DB8 which was the first street car to put these on, has been sold and I have not kept in touch with the buyer. When it wears it seems that it would be the teflon lining wearing down but performance shouldn't be affected that much. The dustboots seem to help a little, by keeping debris out.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:31 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PIC Performance &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

From my use of Polyurethane bushings, the poly bushing used above looks just like one for that location on a stock LCA from ES. I've done the replacements a few times in the past, so I'm pretty familar with what they look like. I'd be curious to see if you used some sort of "shell", as the LCA doesn't look thick enough to transfer the load to the bushing even enough without causing bushing wear or damage.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

EM1 is fine, that is the Honda location for the endlink. With factory endlinks on EG/DC and swaybar mounting locations as seen with your LCAs, the endlinks is at an accute angle in relation to the LCA, slanted like / . That is, unless you provide some kind of spacer to bring the mounting point more perpendicular to the LCA like |.

Speaking of binding, we have avoided the use of polyurethane at the outer and inner bushings for that very reason, and replaced them with spherical bearings instead.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Then you might want to put the spherical bearings on the shock as well if you are being that picky about binding. The Function7 poly forumula allows for more "bend" than standard poly. But then again you did say you had a "custom" forumla poly.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIC's Race-Ready LCA or New Omni LCA (DavidR)

Maybe the pictures aren't clear enough, but I can assure you those aren't ES bushings. I've already said those are made by PIC, for PIC.

On some applications, the swaybar endlinks are set at an angle. If there were a performance issue, we have yet to see it.

We use sphericals where we feel they are necessary, and only where we feel they are necessary, so as not to add to the price of an already expensive product. We don't feel that spherical bearings are necessary at the shock mounting point. I wouldn't exactly consider that being picky.

edit for spelling.

Modified by PIC Performance at 6:30 PM 1/19/2007
Old 01-19-2007, 05:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OT COMMENT:

I like how PIC exlains the product but doesn't push it, I find it a turn off towards f7 because the seller is being super agressive about touting his product as the end all be all and arguing with others about details (based on looks) and design.....

/OT COMMENT

Either way PIC or Omni you're gonna get a good product.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIC's Race-Ready LCA or New Omni LCA (CarbonizedDX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CarbonizedDX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OT COMMENT:

I like how PIC exlains the product but doesn't push it, I find it a turn off towards f7 because the seller is being super agressive about touting his product as the end all be all and arguing with others about details (based on looks) and design.....

/OT COMMENT

Either way PIC or Omni you're gonna get a good product.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed.

People should also realize that 6061-T6 is a plenty strong material. I can’t speak for other manufactures but Omnipower has never had an LCA break other than an occasional bushing failure on our older style vulcanized rubber bushing, which has been corrected.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIC's Race-Ready LCA or New Omni LCA (omniman)

i know the warranty on the function 7's is for life. what about the PIC's or Omni's??
Old 01-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIC's Race-Ready LCA or New Omni LCA (crexer)

Omnipowers new lca has a lifetime warranty as well.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIC's Race-Ready LCA or New Omni LCA (crexer)

The warranty on both our standard LCA's and the RR LCA's is one year.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:14 AM
war all of the time......

if i was u i'd still go with the function7's. their warranty, design and price just seemed better to me. not to knock them, but those omni's and PIC lca's are new to the market, and i'm not sayin they are bad, i'm just sayin the F7's have been around for years and i've never heard anyone say anything bad about them.

then u add a great warranty and a price that is $30-70 cheaper than the others and the choice is pretty clear. even if the omni's are an even match for the F7 lca's, i'd still go with the one thats been tested for years and is still cheaper in price.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CarbonizedDX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Either way PIC or Omni you're gonna get a good product.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No doubt, you'll get a good product with PIC, I can't say the same for Omni. But, if you want the best, you know what to purchase.
Old 01-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CarbonizedDX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OT COMMENT:

/OT COMMENT
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i apologize for our distributor's "over enthusiasm". I will personally bring this up with him.

-A

Modified by Function7 at 4:14 PM 1/24/2007
Old 01-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIC's Race-Ready LCA or New Omni LCA (Function7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Function7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i apologize for our distributor's "over enthusiasm". I will personally bring this up with him.

-A</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL you're kidding right? See 90% of all DavidR's posts on H-T. He must search the word LCA all day because he inevitably ends up on all threads about LCAs or endlinks starting **** about how much better F7s are. I for one would steer clear of F7s just because of the way he represents the company. If I had to buy F7 parts it wouldn't be from him.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:11 PM
HT Black OPs

Default Re: PIC's Race-Ready LCA or New Omni LCA (nonsense)

I like my SPC's. Came with mounting holes also and a spacer for the sway bar endlink.

Old 01-25-2007, 03:41 AM

Default Re: PIC's Race-Ready LCA or New Omni LCA (00IntegrAllmotoR)

I bought F7 LCA a couple years ago on Ebay, actually. I don't think they sell them on there anymore. Anyway, the set I got for my 'Teg didn't have holes that lined up with the stock sway-bar endlinks. I sent pics to the dude and he fab'd up some new endlinks for me. I think I may have been the first person to show him this issue. Now he sells the adjustable endlinks separate. He was super cooperative and easy to deal with.

Anyway, they have held up just fine on a daily driver, in Pittsburgh, where the roads are far from forgiving. Plus they look cool!
Old 01-26-2007, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PIC's Race-Ready LCA or New Omni LCA (nonsense)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nonsense &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOL you're kidding right? See 90% of all DavidR's posts on H-T. He must search the word LCA all day because he inevitably ends up on all threads about LCAs or endlinks starting **** about how much better F7s are. I for one would steer clear of F7s just because of the way he represents the company. If I had to buy F7 parts it wouldn't be from him. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i feel exactly the same way. he needs to let the products speak for themselves.