Wheel and Tire

***Question about the Work VS-KF(sp)***

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Question about the Work VS-KF(sp)***

I am by NO means familiar with Work and their part interchability and aftermarket support.
but i was told that you can get i guess "deeper or bigger" barrels for this wheel. is this true?

here is the wheel in question...

the wheel i may get is 18x8 and does not have an all that healthy of a lip OR offset. so this is why i question this.

Thanks in advance guys!
Old 03-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Sanji

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Re: ***Question about the Work VS-KF(sp)***

Sure, you can order new barrels from any existing product line they make. But, expect to spend a fair amount on the custom barrels. It'll be almost as expensive as a complete, new set.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by toyomatt84
Sure, you can order new barrels from any existing product line they make. But, expect to spend a fair amount on the custom barrels. It'll be almost as expensive as a complete, new set.
would i have to go directly through Work? or are there stores online or shops that can order them? if i can get bigger OE barrels that would be awesome. i just would need to know where to go. ive googled Work VS-KF barrels and got to page 3 to find nothing but FS threads all across the internet.

now you said that i can order new barrels from any existing product line they make. does that mean that if i were to get any VS series it will work (ie XX or FX)? or does it branch out to say... the Euroline series as well?
Old 03-10-2009, 05:20 PM
Sanji

Originally Posted by Dirty Octopus
would i have to go directly through Work? or are there stores online or shops that can order them? if i can get bigger OE barrels that would be awesome. i just would need to know where to go. ive googled Work VS-KF barrels and got to page 3 to find nothing but FS threads all across the internet.

now you said that i can order new barrels from any existing product line they make. does that mean that if i were to get any VS series it will work (ie XX or FX)? or does it branch out to say... the Euroline series as well?
As long as the barrels contain the same bolt count for the faces and are the same barrel size and type (step-lip, full-face, etc...), there shouldn't be much in the way of issues. I would try to stick to the VS-series, though.

As for ordering new barrels, you'd have to go through Work in Japan or possibly a distributor here in the USA.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:29 PM

Had a friend of a friend that did that, he ended up paying about the same as if he would have just ordered brand new, more aggressive wheels.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

As long as the barrels contain the same bolt count for the faces and are the same barrel size and type (step-lip, full-face, etc...), there shouldn't be much in the way of issues. I would try to stick to the VS-series, though.

As for ordering new barrels, you'd have to go through Work in Japan or possibly a distributor here in the USA.
yeah... my instincts tell me to stick with the VS Series. how would i ask for it? say i wanted a 18x10 barrel for the front and an 18x11 barrel for the rear would i simply ask for it just like that? or would i have to go as deep as specifying offset? (id imagine)
heck... would Work give you a hassle for trying to order wider/lower offset barrels? i know you probably wouldnt know off hand but i figured id ask since youve been so helpful thus far as ALWAYS.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Sanji

yeah... my instincts tell me to stick with the VS Series. how would i ask for it? say i wanted a 18x10 barrel for the front and an 18x11 barrel for the rear would i simply ask for it just like that? or would i have to go as deep as specifying offset? (id imagine)
heck... would Work give you a hassle for trying to order wider/lower offset barrels? i know you probably wouldnt know off hand but i figured id ask since youve been so helpful thus far as ALWAYS.
I would email Work asking for replacement barrels for your wheels. You'd have to specify what faces you had, then give them offset requirements (I would use their chart to figure out what offset you were looking for). They won't give you hassle for it, because they're making money either way.

http://www.workwheelsusa.com/product...ry=26&wheel=72
Old 03-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the wheel i may get is 18x8 and does not have an all that healthy of a lip OR offset.
if i were you, i wouldnt mess w/ that set at all.

buy what you really want FIRST.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would email Work asking for replacement barrels for your wheels. You'd have to specify what faces you had, then give them offset requirements (I would use their chart to figure out what offset you were looking for). They won't give you hassle for it, because they're making money either way.

http://www.workwheelsusa.com/product...ry=26&wheel=72
sweet shizz. yeah as you typed that i was at Works website and downloading Acrobat Reader so that i can read the .pdf

call me stupid but.... what does the 32, 45, 57, 70, 82, 95, 107, 120, 132, 145 represent?
i dont think i quite understand the chart.
the +XX obviously represent offset and the 18xXX.XJJ obviously represents the rim diameter and width but the those other numbers a kinda freakin' me out
Old 03-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

call me stupid but.... what does the 32, 45, 57, 70, 82, 95, 107, 120, 132, 145 represent?
i believe the numbers represent lip size (rim depth) in millimeters
Old 03-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Opossum Jenkins
if i were you, i wouldnt mess w/ that set at all.

buy what you really want FIRST.
could they be flipped you think? i already have a set of wheels on my Lexus but id like these more because i can get them for a REALLY reasonable price. id ultimately like some Shallen LX's but thats out of my range at the moment.
the guy im getting from is working a great deal out with me and in stock form they'd already be a HUGE come up from where i sit now.

Matt... you've seen my car with my wheels whats your opinion? should i sell and purchase these?

i believe the numbers represent lip size (rim depth) in millimeters
ahhhh gotcha gotcha! makes sense now.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

could they be flipped you think?
you mean by removing the faces and flipping the faces onto the other side of the wheel? if so then i have no idea, man
Old 03-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you mean by removing the faces and flipping the faces onto the other side of the wheel? if so then i have no idea, man
lol i apologize. i meant sold for more than what im getting them for. would i possibly come across someone that would want 18x8 VS-KFs?

cuz like i said... i think they'd be a come up from the 18x7.5 MRR HR3's that i have on the car now. but what do you connoisseurs think?
Old 03-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol i apologize. i meant sold for more than what im getting them for. would i possibly come across someone that would want 18x8 VS-KFs?

cuz like i said... i think they'd be a come up from the 18x7.5 MRR HR3's that i have on the car now. but what do you connoisseurs think?
i think you are better off just buying the RIGHT set of wheels first instead of becoming a salesman in this rough economy. i mean if the wheels are like $200 for the whole set then go ahead but taking that risk may not make you money at all....worse case scenario you will have some nice wheels collecting dust lol
Old 03-11-2009, 04:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i hear that brother! ... i can dig that but i can get those for the same price i'll be selling these for...

that is how i am currently sitting. it'll practically work out to be like an even trade. if that makes any sense
i'd entertain it because it is a tad wider and the offset is lower. not to mention its a better known wheel make so in the event that i have the desire to sell i can sell them for what i got them for AT LEAST and not get lowballed. but if i get them i wont have an instant urge to let them go so i wont be riding on anyone trying to purchase them. i'll treasure them as my own for as long as i can.

Last edited by Dirty Octopus; 03-11-2009 at 04:14 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:20 PM
Sanji

Matt... you've seen my car with my wheels whats your opinion? should i sell and purchase these?
Personally, I like the Works better as an overall design, but the 8" width is tough to live with. I'd go with at least a 9.5" width in the rear of your car, preferably 11" or 12".

As an overall thought, it'd be a lot of work to make those Works worth your time. I'd say don't get them.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Personally, I like the Works better as an overall design, but the 8" width is tough to live with. I'd go with at least a 9.5" width in the rear of your car, preferably 11" or 12".

As an overall thought, it'd be a lot of work to make those Works worth your time. I'd say don't get them.
i TOTALLY agree. But! you did say you like the Works better than the MRR's? right? because... what i'll be getting the Works for is what i'll be selling the MRR's for. i think i can deal with the chump of a width on this DD. the specs are better than the MRRs and the wheel could be worth more. the actual transaction will go down like this...

My friend gives me $XXX for the MRRs and i give that exact amount to the owner of the VS-KF's.

/transaction.

do you still think its not worth it?
Old 03-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Sanji

i TOTALLY agree. But! you did say you like the Works better than the MRR's? right? because... what i'll be getting the Works for is what i'll be selling the MRR's for. i think i can deal with the chump of a width on this DD. the specs are better than the MRRs and the wheel could be worth more. the actual transaction will go down like this...

My friend gives me $XXX for the MRRs and i give that exact amount to the owner of the VS-KF's.

/transaction.

do you still think its not worth it?
I really wouldn't bother with a wheel that narrow, for your car. Is it a better wheel? Yes. Is it worth your time? Not really.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ahh dirty you stink!

sol brotha!

anyways i've wanted some Work VS-KF for a long time. so i did a search to find some for sale and found this thread, you stinker. If you pass on the wheels, pass them to me