Notices

fabricating rail/slider for recaro using stock DA rail/slider

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 06:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fabricating rail/slider for recaro using stock DA rail/slider

I have a dilema, I made custom brackets using my stock DA rails/sliders for my Sparco Speed seat and everything worked great. But I have since purchased Recaro SRD and wish to use stock rails again. The problem is that the seats are wider and mount onto the bracket where the sliders are. How would I go about customizing the bracket so the seats are able to mount without the screw sitting in the slider. Hope that makes sence.
Old 02-11-2005, 01:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: fabricating rail/slider for recaro using stock DA rail/slider (msTEGGY)

You can make them work with the screw in the slider. I made mine like that and they slide perfect. I actually just pulled them from the car to modify them a little bit and will try and snap some pics for you tomorrow.

BTW..pics of the way you currently have them setup would help people get an idea of what needs to be done.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:52 PM

Default Re: fabricating rail/slider for recaro using stock DA rail/slider (msTEGGY)

the first pic indicates where my Sparco Speed use to mount in comparision to the Recaros

here's a better pic of what I mean

Old 02-12-2005, 01:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, that is a problem...hmmmm.

Can afford to raise the seat up 1/2 an inch or so? If so you could bolt a piece of metal to the seat that spans between the two front mounting holes. After that, drill the piece you mounted to the seat to match the existing holes in you sliders that were previously used for mounting the Sparcos. Then all you do is get the proper spacers and bolt it together. Repeat the same process to the rear seat mounts and you are finished. I hope this makes sense. It is really late and I just got off work.

-Ryan
Old 02-12-2005, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: fabricating rail/slider for recaro using stock DA rail/slider (Kwuaymaikrup)

You could always sell that seat rail setup and buy another pair to make for your srd's...

it's hard to find rails these days though...i kno
Old 02-17-2005, 10:42 PM

any other suggestions?
Old 02-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by msTEGGY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">t

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Have you welded that bar directly to the recaro seat

Im trying to do exact thing at mo, but gonna use some Box section between the runner and the seat, dont fancy bits of metal running under my ***, or setting fire to the seat in the process
Old 02-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: fabricating rail/slider for recaro using stock DA rail/slider (JonnyCoupe)

Actually just realised you used fresh holes. How low does doing this method sit the seat in the car?

That way would be neat as id just use some 6mm plates and weld them to the seat runners with a couple of inch overhang to the centre of seat, then drill 4 pairs of holes at each corner on that exposed black part of the seat framework

EDIT: It reall is late lol. You haven't bolted it at all, hence the feet Can you not just drill the seat as im thinking now ?

Shame the runner only have to be pushed out 1" eaither side, as it means you cant get a clear line to get bolts into the actual OE Recaro seat holes with though the Dc2 runners getting in the way.

Could do with a pic of std Teg Recaro runners to see how heigh they are
Old 02-18-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: fabricating rail/slider for recaro using stock DA rail/slider (JonnyCoupe)

yea the seats haven't been bolted on yet. If the holes on the seats were only 1" towards the center I would have no problem. This is what I am considering trying, by creating this step it should allow enough space inbetween the slider and seat to bolt the SRD in place.

Modified by msTEGGY at 5:12 AM 2/19/2005