Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

DING DING DING wont go away!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DING DING DING wont go away!!!!

This is a new issue for me. I have a 1989 Honda Accord DX and the light on my Guage panel that shows "Door/Seatbelt" is showing red even though both doors are closed and I am buckled in. The worst part is the GOD AWEFUL "DING DING DING" that starts after I get up to speed and does NOT stop until I turn the car off.

Things that have been done :

1.) Checked connectivity of both plastic door sensor switches.
2.) Verified that Doors on both sides were latching and closing.
3.) Verified that the Seatbelts were latching and locking down.

I am at a loss on this one and am about to undo the dashboard and disconnect the little pissant chime. Has anyone ran into this issue, please help if you have or have info that may help me out on this. The Tylenol I have had to take from the constant sound from driving around town is adding up ... lol.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:54 PM
GDD Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Take the fuse out.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Re: (slomofo)

I looked under on the fuse panel and didn't see "Door Chime" or "Chime" ... is it attached to another part ?
Old 08-30-2005, 07:44 PM

Default Re: (89ShadowAccord)

I had a similar situation with my 89 civic, one day I just slammed the door real hard and it stopped.......good luck
Old 08-31-2005, 08:10 AM

Default Re: (rudeness)

Yeah, I apreciate the input but can I get a little more tech info versus "Slam the door" logic. I know that has worked before I am sure but that and the "Other" things I have tried do not get it. PLEASE help if you can.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:13 AM

Default Re: DING DING DING wont go away!!!! (89ShadowAccord)

The switch in the door jab goes bad sometimes. They are not all that expensive to replace....

Also, older hondas had belt buckles that will break instide and allow the belt to wiggle around in there. You are still buckled securely, but the play is enough to set off the chime. Check to see if your buckles have the update needed or installed.

You need to go to the dealership.

Marcus
Old 08-31-2005, 08:50 AM

Default Re: DING DING DING wont go away!!!! (MrHeeltoe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MrHeeltoe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The switch in the door jab goes bad sometimes. They are not all that expensive to replace....

Also, older hondas had belt buckles that will break instide and allow the belt to wiggle around in there. You are still buckled securely, but the play is enough to set off the chime. Check to see if your buckles have the update needed or installed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Would it be worth looking into getting new buckles or is it a wiring issue? I am tracing wires that come off of the buckle and nose dive under the carpets. I think one of them might be grounding out but am not sure yet.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You need to go to the dealership.

Marcus</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree but the thought of dropping $150-250 to diagnose the issue at a honda dealership makes me ill. But all to true, thank you for ACTUAL tech info!!!
Old 08-31-2005, 10:35 AM

Default Re: DING DING DING wont go away!!!! (89ShadowAccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 89ShadowAccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Would it be worth looking into getting new buckles or is it a wiring issue? I am tracing wires that come off of the buckle and nose dive under the carpets. I think one of them might be grounding out but am not sure yet.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, new buckles is not the answer. Not worth it. I am not even 100% sure that is your issue...it may be worht $75 to have it professionally diagnosed though.

Wires don't just go bad. Unless it has been tampered with (which is hughly unlikely) wiring is not likely the issue.