Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Are YOU running Megan Racing Coil-overs???

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are YOU running Megan Racing Coil-overs???

I'm considering Megan Racing coil-overs for my EK hatchback. I also have a friend with a 07 Civic Si 4dr that is thinking about them. I'm looking for owners who have run the Megan setup and wonder what they think??

The ones I want would be the EZ Street's because my car isn't a track car. I want it to set lower but still want the best possible ride.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Are YOU running Megan Racing Coil-overs???

Originally Posted by import-tooner
Megan Racing coil-overs
Old 02-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

hell no I wouldn't run that crap even if you paid me.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The wife has Megan SS's on her accord, I wouldn't touch EZ's w/ a pole. If the design was to provide more comfort then I will tell you they suck. The Megan SS's are truly behind on properly choosing spring rates. So despite their adjustability you will not be able to achieve a balanced ride w/out buying new spring rates. At least this is our scenario.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:20 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you need to cheap out, there's only two routes.

Coilovers = progress CS-II

Shocks/springs = Koni Srt and your choice of a coilover sleeve or spring.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm bumping this thread. About 6 weeks ago I bought an IS350. I put the Megan Racing EZ Streets on it and I absolutely LOVE them. I am going to get them for my EK reglardless of what other people have said on this thread. I don't think that anyone that chimed in has any REAL experiance witht them. Guys on the Club Lexus site have been using them for a while and there were only really good things said about them.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Why would you get Megan coilovers over progress or some sort of koni combination?
Old 05-24-2011, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't know much about progress.. I've done different things with Koni but wasn't all that pleased. I got setup as a dealer for Megan Racing becuase I had a bunch of 240 guys wanting me to get parts for them. I own 5 auto parts stores in Utah so that's how I was able to get setup with them. I'm still pretty new with them tho so that is why I was trying to get some feedback from someone who was actually running them. Now that I have them on my Lexus and know how much I like them I'm going to get them on my EK.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have a Lexus and bought some cheap coilovers? lol...

How and why were you not please with Koni?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my friend has megan track coilovers on his s2000. i really like them (he needed the heavier spring rates because the car is REALLY low). i'm surprised at how well they ride. i actually can sit in the car for hours comfortably. for track stuff obviously i would go elsewhere, but for his needs, they work great.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by civexspeedy
You have a Lexus and bought some cheap coilovers? lol...

How and why were you not please with Koni?
TONS of guys on ClubLexus are running them. They're one of the MOST popular setups for the ISx50's. I also have an INFINITI QX56, two kids, a mortgage and bills. I don't live at home with my parents like most kids on here do. I have obligations and I'd rather not dump $1500 on a set of coilovers when I can get a set for $700 that do EVERYTHING I want them to. Too many people here care about status.. If you don't rock TEIN Flex's then you're a lame ***.

Koni's are okay but the lower you go the less travel you have. With full bodied coilovers you don't have that problem.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Why did you ask if you already know what you want?

Tein is a waste, not when there are better, custom made, people on honda-tech generally don't support tein for it's high JDM tax.

If you're willing to spend $700 on megan racing coilovers, why not spend another $99 and get koni/ground control and get a lifetime warranty? Or if you're so displeased with koni, (which I think you're making up) get Progress CS-II. Also carries a solid warranty and is a great product. I've been driving on mine for 6 months and been to three autocross events on them and the car handles great and is comfortable for daily driving even with the 350lb rear rates.

Is it even possible to get the rates for Megan coilovers? Most Taiwan made junk doesn't bother publishing the rates since most of the children who buy their products don't care about anything but being dumped.

Last edited by Libertariat; 05-27-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I didn't know the answer when I asked the question. Look at the date of my first post. I'm not saying i'm so "displeased" with koni. I've just had them and want to try something different. I don't know anything about the progress coils BUT I'm looking into them.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:42 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Originally Posted by import-tooner
I don't know anything about the progress coils BUT I'm looking into them.

Koni/GC and progress are easily the most recommended setup on these forums. If you're really interested in progress check out their sponsor thread, there's years of posts of people praising the product who've autocrossed and daily driven on them for years.
Old 05-27-2011, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ek forever guy

Tein is a waste, not when there are better, cusom made, people on honda-tech generally don't support tein for it's high JDM tax.

If you're willing to spend $700 on megan racing coilovers, why not spend another $99 and get koni/ground control and get a lifetime warranty? Or if you're so displeased with koni, (which I think you're making up) get Progress CS-II. Also carries a solid warranty and is a great product. I've been driving on mine for 6 months and been to three autocross events on them and the car handles great and is comfortable for daily driving even with the 350lb rear rates.

Is it even possible to get the rates for Megan coilovers? Most taiwan made junk doesn't bother publishing the rates since most of the children who buy their products don't care about anything but being dumped.
very well said. thread/
Old 05-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ek forever guy

Tein is a waste, not when there are better, custom made, people on honda-tech generally don't support tein for it's high JDM tax.

Is it even possible to get the rates for Megan coilovers? Most Taiwan made junk doesn't bother publishing the rates since most of the children who buy their products don't care about anything but being dumped.
well said... you might as well get racelands lol... or stick w/ stock