Notices
Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

koni strt with ground control

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default koni strt with ground control

still trying to decide which route i wanna go. between koni strt with ground control sleeves or tein stech springs. or progress2's or back to function form 1's. but my question is has anyone gone the gc route using the koni str-t's? i know most use the koni yellows usually. but its a daily driver and i dont need the adjustable shocks. so i was thinking of going with the str-t's? any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: koni strt with ground control

How low do you plan on going and what spring rates were you going to use? Haven't heard of people matching Str.t's w/ gc sleeves...

Lots of people complain that the S. Techs are real soft, too soft even... progress csII's are better than FF1's and choose your custom rates, can't go wrong there as far as a daily driver is concerned. Just my $.02

GL!
Old 07-03-2011, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

looked around and was thinking 350 all around? i just wanna get rid of the wheel gap and have it handle a little better. its strictly gonna be daily driven. maybe hit a back road here and there. i have heard that about the s-techs also but have heard good things too. saw with the str.t they werent too bad. i was on ground controls site and they have an option for the str.t along with the yellows. i had type 1's on my old 99 ej8 and didnt really have any complaints.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

To get rid of the wheel gap, isn't going to low.
However, the 350lb in front will be a bit too soft. In rear it will fine.
I would run at least a 400lb spring front.

Personaly, if your going to go with ground controls, spend the extra money and get the sports. You wont regret your choice.

The s tech spring is very soft, and very soft for how low it goes.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the str-t have welded bottom perches. correct me if im wrong, but i dont think you can even use GCs with stock struts that have welded perches. judges?

in any case, i know koni yellows cost more, but the cost isn't just because they're adjustable. it's because they can take lower than stock springs without blowing up, and still giving you a good, smooth, firm ride. pretty much anything else will just blow out and leak oil after a short while. seriously, wait a little longer, save a little more $, and get something that will let you get lower and still give you a good ride for a long time.

koni yellows/ground control is the way to go.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:52 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

SRT is $300, Koni Yellows are $100 more

See where I'm going?

And for rates, for any daily driver I recommend at least 400lbs maybe 450 in the front. 350 is just a bit soft for a moderate drop (2"+) for the front. 450lbs Front and 275-350lbs rear would be sporty and the 350 rate more appropriate for track use but a tolerable for daily driving for most drivers.

Reviews I've read of the SRT allude to the shock not being very tolerable for much more than slight drops. It's really a no brainer to spend the extra $100 for the sports.