Suspension & Brakes Theory, alignment, spring rates....

Anti lift kits?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti lift kits?

Hey just wondering why no-one seems to offer an anti lift kit for civics? Do they not work the same on a FWD? Would it not increase the performance?
Im really curious to know why they arnt used? Searching returned ZERo results so it seem none of us honda guys use them.

Heres a little info on anti lift - http://www.whiteline.com.au/ar...b.pdf

Cheers guys
Old 09-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Anti lift kits? (Muzz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Muzz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey just wondering why no-one seems to offer an anti lift kit for civics? Do they not work the same on a FWD? Would it not increase the performance?
Im really curious to know why they arnt used? Searching returned ZERo results so it seem none of us honda guys use them.

Heres a little info on anti lift - http://www.whiteline.com.au/ar...b.pdf

Cheers guys </TD></TR></TABLE>

Quick guess of an answer would be because fwd race cars run so much rear spring that we don't really have much rear end squat, or front lift, from what limited power we have.

Now, putting a little anti-dive into the front suspension might be nice, and would make a oversteer happy car have a little more stable trailbraking.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anti lift kits? (TunerN00b)

Makes sence cheers. Any one else wiht some thoughts?
Old 10-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree with TunerN00b, if for example you have a FWD drag car, the rear springs are going to be really stiff to try to prevent squat, and an auto-x or road coarse race car will probably have stiffer rear springs than front to help reduce/eliminate understeer. I really haven't ever heard of anti-lift kits before so I'm not even sure when they'd be used/helpful. Oh and if you're talking about a street car, then it's either not making enough power to lift too much anyway, or they use other methods of traction like traction bars and LSDs (I'm assuming the anti-lift kits are to help with traction?). What kind of car background are you from? Just curious because I've never heard of an anti-lift kit.