Notices
Sales Feedback This forum is to list your experiences with our vendors or other users. Positive or Negative. Please READ the rules.

Beware of SCAMMER: Evil Ryu

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of SCAMMER: Evil Ryu

Hello Honda-Tech,

Writing here to tell of a very sad story that seems to happen all too often on these honda forums. I sent user Evil Ryu a $750 payment for a PNF KPRO over a month ago, still not received. He claims to have already sent it out (via usps no less), yet can't provide tracking information. Tell me folks, who the hell mails out something that expensive without insurance, delivery confirmation, or tracking? I mean it was a stupid decision for both ends of the party. I doubt Evil Ryu is actually that stupid- I think he never planned to mail out this ecu, after he saw my ignorant paypal payment method. I figured this was "personal" since it was between a single buyer and seller, and sent this as a "personal payment owed." NO I did not avoid fees- I made sure I paid them to be protected by paypal. However paypal has informed me that I paid credit card fees and not buyer protection fees.

Evil Ryu has not been very helpful throughout this situation. I called Paypal and have a claim open with them. They requested shipping and tracking info from Evil Ryu. Guess what that mother****er does- he simply types "personal payment" in for a tracking number, to remind paypal of the way I paid. I've never been screwed so far up my ***. I'm a ****ing college kid, I don't have money, the money I spent came from a research stipend this summer that I worked damn hard for. To see 750 go to this scammer for nothing in return is making me sick to my stomach.

Anyway, the reason I am posting this is not only to warn people of Evil Ryu, but to ask for help and advice. Paypal is still investigating- I sent them screenshots of my messages with Evil Ryu, showing that this is in fact a payment for a $750 item. The screenshot also shows Evil Ryu giving me his paypal address and advising me to send payment as a gift, so hopefully that will help in my favor. Paypal told me to issue a chargeback with my bank, and I will be faxing them my dispute form tomorrow, along with the said screenshots.

Does anybody know what else I can do to increase the chances of me getting my money back? The charge was made through a visa debit card- can I contact visa for any of this?
Old 08-31-2011, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beware of SCAMMER: Evil Ryu

Yes, you can contact your bank since it was a debit card. You could also call VISA, but your bank would be a better place to start if Paypal is unwilling to help.

Sorry to hear about this.

Let's see if the seller comes in here and posts up his side.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Call the bank and let them know. They will get your money back and paypal will dent his account. I hope you are not lying cause this is a felony offence if you lie to get money back. I had a member do this on a sale when he came in a pick up parts and did a charge back. Idiot is on tape and with a sig. I am soon to be filing criminal charges cause I just got my funds back.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:29 PM
HT's TOP CHEF

I told everyone evil ryu (chris) was a scamming pos but no one wanted to believe me. That Kpro is probably the one he scammed me out of. Post this info on K20a.org and pm me and I'll give you his personal cell number. Good luck man and I hope you get your money back.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No sti-eater, I am not lying but thanks for the concern. I'd be happy enough with getting a pnf kpro for 750... probably should have realized it was too good to be true. And to Chef Andre, I'd rather not go posting this on other sites until he responds on here. Part of why I posted here is just to get a response out of him- he has been less than helpful through this whole thing, and perhaps if called out in the open he will actually give me some feedback, and explain why he can't give me shipping information. If I am not satisfied with his response, certainly I will inform the other sites on which he sells.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

mods can delete. things happened to work out with evil ryu in the end. i never got the kpro but my money has come back and although i can never know for sure, i don't think he was scamming me. seems like an honest fellow who learned a very valuable lesson, that being always get shipping insurance. i don't want to have a thread open claiming he is a scammer because i changed my mind about him, so the sooner this is deleted the better.