Notices
For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

Fellow HT Members....Little Long, but Important

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fellow HT Members....Little Long, but Important

OK....so I had a situation arise with a purchase I made from a online store and I wanted to know what you guys would have done....

So back on Dec 22 I emailed a online store to ask them how much it would be for 4 parts and they emailed me back stating that it would be $695 for everything shipped. I emailed the store back two days later and asked them to verify if everything was correct and they said that it was $695 for everything shipped. So I pay for everything that day via phone and while I was on the phone I verified everything again, gave them my credit card number, and assumed everything was going to be fine.....

Throughout the time I emailed the store rep that I was dealing with and asked if everything with my order was fine and when I could expect it. He told me that everything was fine and that I should receive it on Friday, Jan 2....

Well Friday comes and I receive my package.....In it is 3 parts of the 4 that I ordered and I was wondering what the hell happened. The parts I ordered were:
Tial 38mm wastegate w/ .7 bar spring, Hondata s200b, HKS SS BOV with 65mm flange.
What I got was the wastegate, hondata, and the flange, but no BOV. So I call the store and ask what happened. Another sales rep pulls up my order and states that I never paid for the BOV. I said to them that I was quoted $695 for everything, and he went to go pull up my price quote number that I had. He pulled it up and said that I was quoted for all 4 pieces for $695, but that it was a mistake and that I had to pay their cost another $175 for the BOV. I told him that he was out of his mind because after verifying 4 times that my order was ok, not once was I told that they had misquoted me. After arguing with him for 30 minutes he still did not want to sack up and just say listen we screwed up and we are going to take care of the situation by sending you out the BOV since it was our mistake. On their website they state how they strive to be the best in customer service and how they don't want to lose a customer, but then the guy that I was talking to told me that they don't like to lose customer's, but if he had to then he would. I insisted that I pay the $175 and I told him that I am not some 16/17 year kid that is going to go run to his mommy/daddy and say to them that a company misquoted me for something 4 times, so can I have another $175 to get it. Told him that I would call back and talk to the rep that I talked to....

So I talk to the sales guy that I was dealing with and he admitted that he screwed up, but didn't feel that it was the right thing to do by sending me the BOV. I told him that I am a Manager at Home Depot and I deal with this type of **** everyday. If an associate quotes someone $5000 for a flooring job, and it ends up being $5700 then we are not going to call the customer and tell them to pay us another $700 because we screwed up. We are going to just have to eat it and move on to keep our customer's happy. Then he went on to say how they are not a multi-billion dollar company and they can't afford to lose any money. I asked if they put back any money from sales incase of mistakes happening and they said no. After he said that I simply stated that what he was telling me is that in 2003 their company never made a mistake and that they were never out any money. He said to be honest this is probably the first mistake that they have made in 2 years. That's when I went off on him and said that if their online store is doing an average $10,000 a day for 7 days that's $70,000 a week, for 52 weeks that is $3,640,000 a year and if it was two years that is $7,280,000 in two years and your telling me that you can't afford $175 from one mistake that they made?! He said no and that the only option they had was to:
1-Give full Refund
2-Let me pay for the BOV at their cost
I said that there were 3 more options
3-ship out the BOV and call it a dead issue
4-I'll go halfway and pay $88 for the BOV and that way we will both be out money
5-I get an attorney, go to court, and then they end up having to pay for court cost, lawyer fees, and still the $175 for the BOV since I have three emails from him stating that $695 was for all 4 pieces.

He then said that he didn't think that he should be out any money. I said if I was quoted $695 for everything and then now I have to pay another $175 I am out an additional $175 and they are out nothing, they are just not going to make anything on the deal. I told him that I already called my credit card company and explained what happened and since I had the emails printed out then I could easily pay for the BOV and then do a chargeback against them and they would lose. He thought that it was a direct attack against him for making a simple mistake, and again I told him that simple mistakes happen all the time in the business world and the companies that want to keep their customer's sack up and make sure that the cust is taken care of.

I had asked him that if he would have quoted me $695 for everything and if I would have received the BOV, Wastegate, and Hondata and if they wouldn't have put the flange in there then he probably would have just shipped out the flange to me for free since it was not that expensive and you know what his answer was?! Your right we would have done that, but because this is more expensive then this changes things. So earlier he told me he can't afford to be out any money, but if he would have forgotten the flange then he would have shipped it out, but the flange was still $55....so wouldn't he be out that money? His excuses just didn't add up at all.

Longer story short he ended up giving in after 35 minutes on the phone and decided that I could pay the $88 for the BOV and he would have it shipped out. He told me that he has never done this before, but he felt that he didn't want me back as a customer ever again. I said that is fine if he felt that way and apologized if it felt like a personal attack, but again made it clear that if he would have taken care of the situation in the first place then it would have never escallated to this. We ended the conversation by stating to him that I would like a email confirmation of the tracking number and then it would be a dead issue....but as I talked to some friends here in town and everyone agreed with what I had said/done and I wanted to get some constructive criticism from some fellow HT members.....

Old 01-07-2004, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Fellow HT Members....Little Long, but Important (Bulldogg83)

Wow that sucks...you definately did the right thing. I would have wanted it for nothing. Well, I mean it should have been included in teh 695 package. You shouldn't have had to pay for **** extra.

to that store. Who was it btw?
Old 01-07-2004, 08:09 AM

Default Re: Fellow HT Members....Little Long, but Important (Tim Maryak)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tim Maryak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Who was it btw?</TD></TR></TABLE>

waiting for a few more replies to get some more feedback before saying who....
Old 01-07-2004, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Fellow HT Members....Little Long, but Important (Tim Maryak)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tim Maryak &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow that sucks...you definately did the right thing. I would have wanted it for nothing. Well, I mean it should have been included in teh 695 package. You shouldn't have had to pay for **** extra.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's what I said to him, but he didn't feel the need to own up to that since he would be losing money on it
Old 01-07-2004, 08:38 AM

Bump for something that everyone should know about
Old 01-07-2004, 08:57 AM

Default Re: (ThePro)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ThePro &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Now is 695 a crazy good deal compared to what you had been getting?

You did the right thing, but you still had to pay an additional $88 which I would have been mad about. I did something similar when a clutch I bought ended up having a defect. I tried to approach the problem lightly until they angered me so much I couldn't even speak. I had to get off the phone, wait 20 and call again.</TD></TR></TABLE>

when I asked for pricing of all four parts they shot me back with a group package deal of $695....then I asked them if tht was everything for $695 two more times before I purchased it and then when I called to purchase everything I verified on the phone and they said yes.....Then after I didn't get the BOV and I called them they gave me a price break down of:
-Flange-$55
-Hondata-$425
-Wastegate-$215

and I was already going to buy these items from other HT members that I new that I could have gotten them cheaper from, but I went with this store b/c they were doing all 4 (from what I was told on 4 occassions) parts for $695 I thought that was a great deal and that I would just get it from them...
Old 01-07-2004, 09:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ThePro)

yeah bulldog ur cool i bought those dvds from u and u seemed really reasonable, if u kept urself level headed the whole time u would be in the right. personally i would have shippped everything back and said phuc em and got it some where else.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:05 AM

Default Re: (bucbaby)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bucbaby &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah bulldog ur cool i bought those dvds from u and u seemed really reasonable, if u kept urself level headed the whole time u would be in the right. personally i would have shippped everything back and said phuc em and got it some where else.
</TD></TR></TABLE>
for the most part I was pretty level headed just frustrated when I was on the phone with them b/c it was excuse after excuse after excuse...I work in a business where mistakes happen and we own up to them to make sure that our customer's are taken care of and we don't tell someone that we are sorry for screwing up, but we as a company are not allowed to lose any money so we are going to need to you pay the difference in what it should have been. We eat it and move on and continue good business with our customers....
Old 01-07-2004, 09:36 AM

Default Re: (Bulldogg83)

Old 01-07-2004, 09:44 AM

u were totally in the right i got a feeling who u dealt with can u can u let us know, that company will learn they should have just eaten it because of bad customer service they will lose way more than 175
for bad customer service
Old 01-07-2004, 09:49 AM

Default Re: (allablur)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by allablur &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">u were totally in the right i got a feeling who u dealt with can u can u let us know, that company will learn they should have just eaten it because of bad customer service they will lose way more than 175
for bad customer service </TD></TR></TABLE>

what's your guess of the company?
Old 01-07-2004, 10:26 AM

i dont wanna say out loud then no one will wanna sell to me lol
Old 01-07-2004, 10:30 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

nice story! you did the right thing no doubt. what company was it?
Old 01-07-2004, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GraphiteAccord)

I'll say the company name if its alright with you bd83

?----
Old 01-07-2004, 10:36 AM

Default Re: (dee-ecks)

it was Importparts.com.......a shocker to probably 95% of you here on the board
Old 01-07-2004, 10:47 AM

ttt
Old 01-07-2004, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

support your local import tuner shop!!
Old 01-07-2004, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Fellow HT Members....Little Long, but Important (espanol)

I do....that's why I am coming up there in a little bit!
Old 01-07-2004, 03:31 PM

Old 01-07-2004, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm really sad to see this post and I'd like to clear up a few things. I am not the owner of the company (I'm general manager) but it was my mix-up. I took full responsibility and did everything in my power to resolve this issue. Some of you may agree with how I handled the sitaution, some may not. Here's what happened:

I issued an incorrect price quote that I thought was correct. After receiving his order, Brian calls and says he didn't receive his BOV. I check his order, no BOV on the order. He refers to the price quote and I check the quote and agree that the quote was wrong. I mistakenly issued a price for an HKS BOV flange when he wanted a price for both the BOV and flange. To make all parties happy, I offer to issue him a FULL REFUND including all shipping charges. At that time, he could then go out and buy the same parts elsewhere. End of story right?

Brian doesn't agree to my offer. He demands we ship him the BOV. I basically tell him that won't happen. We went back and forth over several phone calls. He's very upset we won't ship him a free BOV and threatens to hire a lawyer. I told him that won't be necessary. I offered to sell him the BOV at our cost, he refused. After a lengthy discussion, we agree on him paying for half of the cost of the BOV. BOV shipped and end of story.

Brian, why was this post even necessary? We came to an agreement, the BOV is on its way, and you seemed very pleased. This rebuttal would have been much longer because the details tell the whole story but this is all I will say on this matter. If anyone has any questions about this, please feel free to PM or email me.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Fellow HT Members....Little Long, but Important (ben@importparts.com)

i can see both sides of the story. the company made a wrong quote and they should give him the BOV no question asked (company's mistake). But, the company offered a full refund including shipping and tax. if he was so unhappy with the service/products, he should have just took the refund. i feel that importsparts.com meeting half way on the cost of the BOV was a good choice. Bens right, this thread was not necessary since the problem was resolved.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Fellow HT Members....Little Long, but Important (Denny)

please refer to this thread as this is where everything has ended up for more answers:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=726662