Notices
For Sale General Classifieds For Sale

Acura Integra DC2 ITR Type R OMP 6 Point Bold in roll cage, $1,200 new, CHEAP

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acura Integra DC2 ITR Type R OMP 6 Point Bold in roll cage, $1,200 new, CHEAP

I have my roll cage listed on ebay, a 10 day auction ending Sunday march the 16th at 6:30PM PST. $1.00 starting bid and NO RESERVE

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...&rd=1

Listed here is a Very rare OMP 6 point bolt in roll cage made for Acura Integra DC2 ITR cars although I had it installed in my 1994 GSR sunroof car. If you know OMP then you already know they build probably the best cages, stress bars etc out there, but it comes at a price as this setup new cost $1,200! They are a Italian company and if you research most any winning European racing team, whether it be road racing or ralley racing chances are they are using OMP products. This cage is far superior in my opinion than the cheaper Autopower cage as it weighs a fraction of the amount of the Autopower cage, yet with its unique tie in points is stiffer in the end. If your looking at this auction chances are your car spends some time at the track, and every pound shed equals faster lap times or quarter mile runs. Also from my experience with Autopower cages is they tend to never fit quite right and oftens takes modifications to just make it work. This cage was one of the best fitting cages I've ever installed, fit exactly as it should and fit very tight to the roof line. You can always take the cheap way out and purchase one of the premade weld in kits, but trust me, by the time your done cutting, modifying and welding it in your going to wish you never started the project. Although they say they are bent specially for your car they rarely fit how they should. Another advantage of a bolt in cage is if the worst was to happen and you end up wrecking your car, all you have to do is unbolt the cage from the car rather than cutting it out and going through the whole weld in cage process to install it in a new car. This is one of the last Honda part I have left from my 505whp Integra part out and since I don't see another Honda in my immediate future I'm starting this auction with a $1.00 opening bid and NO RESERVE!!

One of the best things I liked about this cage other than its great fit/ light weight is the points it ties into the car. Although it is technically a bolt in kit you have the choice to weld in plates to the floor of your car for the front tie ins and middle bars for extra strength, although my plates were never welded into my car (very easy to weld in if you wanted to go that route). The cage also ties in with your upper seat belt bolts and in the area of your sun visers to increase extra stiffness of your unibody. I am including all the hardware and backing plates for underneath the car to make the installation a very easy project. The cage is black, has never been in a car that was wrecked (so you know its still straight) but does have some scratches/ wear in the paint you would expect for a used cage.