Notices
Paint and Body Auto Body Repair, Painting and Prep

help with paint color/ bumper style, did i get jipped with oe paint

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default help with paint color/ bumper style, did i get jipped with oe paint

may seen rice, but can i put a coupe front bumper on my sedan, so that it can have the wider opening

or atleast point me in the right direction towards a lip i wont have to paint, not to be rice but cuz the paint on my car is custom, done haphazardly with like no measurements just done by instinct or w/e unless, by some chance you have some very close up pics of oem honda blue for accords (98-02, coupes and sedans) that the shop may have just poked my eyes

it was supposed to be like a candy paint really, black base coat, blue flake on TOP...

heres some pics, both to tell the bumper, and the color

Old 04-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: help with paint color/ bumper style, did i get jipped with oe paint (361accord)

Why did you create a new thread, when you already asked this in the other one?
Old 04-11-2007, 06:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm.. you can kinda see some candy effect in the second to last pic, but a closer pic would help. Especially one in direct sunlight. But other than that it looks nice!

-Eric
Old 04-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help with paint color/ bumper style, did i get jipped with oe paint (philadd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philadd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why did you create a new thread, when you already asked this in the other one?</TD></TR></TABLE> cuz i didnt want to jack that other dude thread, i guess, didnt work out too well though i guess
Old 04-12-2007, 02:54 AM

Thats just looks like the stock Deep Velvet Blue Pearl that was used on 99-00 Sedans and Coupes.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:32 AM
ate my pixel

Default Re: (H Tuning)

The bumper looks fine to me. Any lip that you get going to be the ABS plastic in whichever color it comes made, probably black. So if you don't mind having a black lip, then you won't have to paint it. If you go to a paint shop they should be able to get a good match on it, or even paint it for you if you want.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (H Tuning)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by H Tuning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats just looks like the stock Deep Velvet Blue Pearl that was used on 99-00 Sedans and Coupes.</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah i thought so, it looks alot like other hondas, esp. my cuz's coupe which is oem paint, but i still have reason to believe that it really is custom because ive found spots where you can see just the black paint(they did shitty prep, they MISSED A SPOT while painting, yup, a one foot section of my side skirt is not blue

so you got any close-up pics of that there deep velvet blue pearl?
Old 04-12-2007, 07:23 PM

^ wow, id bring it back there and have them reshoot it. Especially if you payed out of pocket..

If there are any imperfections in the finish the buyer spots out we always fix it for free. This happend all the time at my shop cuz we hired some old crackhead to paint our cars while our painter had double by-pass surgery.. He'd always steal paint to do side jobs. lol.

Id go back and bitch.. GL

-Eric
Old 04-13-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: help with paint color/ bumper style, did i get jipped with oe paint (361accord)

Those pics arent looking too sharp. It doesnt do it justice. Some new pics would be nice.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:35 PM

Default Re: help with paint color/ bumper style, did i get jipped with oe paint (Carlie Raecer)

yeah, id take it back to whatever shop painted it. and then have them repaint it. casue if you payed good money for that, and they did that kinda job, they need to be shot.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help with paint color/ bumper style, did i get jipped with oe paint (wingback44)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wingback44 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah, id take it back to whatever shop painted it. and then have them repaint it. casue if you payed good money for that, and they did that kinda job, they need to be shot.</TD></TR></TABLE> yeah well that was like 2years ago, and insurance payed for it, done sneekily sorta, the prev. owner had progressive insurance who gets w/e shop you want to give their estimate which they raised way up so they could just repaint the whole car a custom color (reason for insurance was the car was backed up into in a parking lot and smashed a door, so got a new door and full paint...

thing is though that they were in the same situation sortof with the dumbass that did my car, see it was SUPPOSED to be done by the shop owner (who does good work, re-fiberglassed and resprayed the front lip on the S2K a few times) but he was out so his son just upped and painted it himself and fucked it up too tried like 3 times to get the blue flake on black to come out right

also they didnt even BOTHER to sand down the old green paint i think cuz they ALSO DIDNT ADD ANY FLEX ADDITIVE to the paint they sprayed on the urethane body kit so that when the bodykit flexes, the paint wont chip or crackle, so when i scraped the front bumper cuz my car is low, it flexed like its supposed to, but it caused the paint on the corner of the air intake thing CHIP THE expletive O-F-F!!! AAND left a crackle around it, so anyways you can SEE the SHINY, GREEN paint under it also theres other crackles from flexing on the front bumper, the rear is fucked, i backed up into the garage door(hit the gas too hard, but hey i was still a total N00B at driving back then) and well, more than half of the bumper is aaaaall crackled from where it flexed

theeen on the mirrors they didnt paint those too well either, not taking care to paint ALL of it, not just the part you see outside the car... and the front bumper, they didnt paint ALL THE WAY on it, like the botton lip, where u can rest a coke can on lol, they only painted about 3/4 way into it, so theres some thats normal black plastic....

but wait theres more, they didnt take off a single piece of the body kit, so when they were painting the rear bumper, they jackass got paint on the back of my muffler, and on one side the side thats visible lol, but not alll over that side, so the muffler's black but then theres this big *** grey/brown/tan/dirty metal spot in the middle of the muffler on the side and it looks like chit

also also also there were some of those door egde gaurd thingys, but for some reason, only on 3 doors and then the ******* painted OVER them too so i cant take them off, OR put another one on!

ok end of rant, i took a lott of pics today ill have to go thru them and upload them and stuff, i took them at 3megapixels so they wouldnt be too big so w/e
Old 04-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok my camera's got a wierd spot in the upper right corner...and my car hasnt been washed in like 3weeks cuz rain/sick/no carsoap

Old 04-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 04-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 361accord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bump</TD></TR></TABLE>

Coupe and sedans share different bumpers by the way, and hoods as well.
Some auto paint stores carry a machine that identifies a paint code or a paint match from freaking millions of codes, because things happen... some cars get painted with a color.... then the code is lost... and they need more paint or whatever.

Just get the lip you wanted.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: help with paint color/ bumper style, did i get jipped with oe paint (gianinline)

thanks man thats a relief, now have you got anny suggestions as what to do with the shop that did said paint 2yrs ago, since there are lots of crackles wherever the body flexed, only one the urethand bumpers though lol, basically i do not necesarily want a full respray if they can re-do the saame paint, ill just remove the full body kit and let them have at it

any suggestions of how to make them gimme free paint?
Old 04-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope... no free paint my friend.... he he
No one can give you warranty agains cracking on bumpers or anything that could flex over an impact.
Just get the spots (parts) that need to be repaired and resprayed done, but like I said... no free paint... don't even try that.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:42 PM
ate my pixel

Default Re: help with paint color/ bumper style, did i get jipped with oe paint (gianinline)

Yeah, good luck trying to get a warranty on that after two years. Timing is key on pretty much everything, if you sit around and don't say anything it just gets more suspicious when you do. It looks fine to me, no one's car is perfect. If you're really **** about a good paint job then get the whole thing resprayed, and only drive it in the summer. Otherwise, I'd just roll with it.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damnit man, not even if they didnt use the flex additive, wtf i dont think oem paint does that what you think of the car so far though, besides being terribly painted lol would a black front or rear lip clash? point me in the right direction for a lip?
Old 04-15-2007, 09:51 PM
ate my pixel

Well OEM lips don't come painted, so it's hard to say if OEM paint would do that. I know they don't use flex additive in the body spray! Popped a small dent out of my fender and the paint cracked. Damn.

Anyways, as far as a lip I know some popular options are mugen and greddy, depends on your taste. Just do a search, I'm sure there are threads with pictures on here to help you decide.