Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 12:16 AM
Official H-T Cake Maker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place to buy auto paint?

Im in need of buying some

Nighthawk Black Pearl/Blue Pearl paint/primer/clear coat

im painting a grill by myself.

also how much will a need for such a small surface coverage?
Old 05-17-2007, 03:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best place to buy auto paint? (C4st0r_Tr0y)

Autobody paint & supply distibutor, look in the phone book or call some shops to find one in you area. 1/4 of a quart, (extra paint is better) they should know the right/ best variance of B92 to match your existing paint.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:42 AM

Default Re: Best place to buy auto paint? (powerflow)

English Color is where honda even gets their paint in my hood
Old 05-17-2007, 04:45 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by powerflow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Autobody paint & supply distibutor, look in the phone book or call some shops to find one in you area. 1/4 of a quart, (extra paint is better) they should know the right/ best variance of B92 to match your existing paint. </TD></TR></TABLE>

B92P is black, really don't need to know variances. 4 ounces sprayable should be enough to do a grille, go 6 ounces sprayable to be safe. Best place to get paint is from a local jobber that supplies paint/materials to body shops.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Best place to buy auto paint? (WihaSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WihaSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

B92P is black, really don't need to know variances. </TD></TR></TABLE>
I suppose if you really don't care about having the best match available. The paint syatem I use offers about 4 variances for b92, one matches the best, so thats what we use and its not even the standard variance. This specific variance has the right amount of blue pearl and matches great. Many blacks have variances and with a torch light, or direct sunlight they all visibly different mostly more brown or more deep black variances. If your working on high dollar cars or your a perfectionist about your sweet ride, and not blending adjacent panels this is very important to check.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:19 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by powerflow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I suppose if you really don't care about having the best match available. The paint syatem I use offers about 4 variances for b92, one matches the best, so thats what we use and its not even the standard variance. This specific variance has the right amount of blue pearl and matches great. Many blacks have variances and with a torch light, or direct sunlight they all visibly different mostly more brown or more deep black variances. If your working on high dollar cars or your a perfectionist about your sweet ride, and not blending adjacent panels this is very important to check. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes if you're panel painting (and the formula calls for lots of browns, yellows etc...). He's paintng a grille, it's not going to be noticeable. The only thing that could make B92P not match would be the violet and blue pearl. Even then I've painted several RSX's and Accords with the same formula for B92P and have never had a black "color match" problem. Was just saying it's such a small job to worry about variances in a black paint, wasn't trying to be mean or anything.
Old 05-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its all good. I'm just a perfectionist and thats my opinion. Painting an aftermarket grille on an average condition civic solid black wouln't be noticble to the average person either.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:34 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by powerflow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Its all good. I'm just a perfectionist and thats my opinion. Painting an aftermarket grille on an average condition civic solid black wouln't be noticble to the average person either. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm pretty **** myself about my paint work, but I've never had a problem with B92P, always just gone with the standard wether I was blending within the panel or panel painting.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:53 PM
Official H-T Cake Maker

So a paint distributer huh? ill look in the phone book tommorow..

im guessing all primer is universal? is there some better than others?..

im painting fiberglass if that matters.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You get what pay for w/ primer. Its ideal to use the same paint line/ brand for all paint steps but its not nessesary. Any quality 2k( 2 component 1 primer/paint/material,ect. 1 hardener) urethane automotive high build primer would be fine.
Old 05-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

o'reilly's sells the good stuff around me